in a bit of worry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prolite
forgot about the rule change :smile: you got me though:eek::colondollar:

Your first post was good advice however :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by rmhumphries
Your first post was good advice however :biggrin:

usually they ignore if they cant get any money out of you or sell your data to debt collection agencies but sometimes they do take you to small claims/county court if you rake up some fines (like in your case)

hopefully this don't happen but if it does happen you can always head back to pepipoo there have been cases where people have been taken to court but they have won all/most of them as far as i know because you get to see the info they will rely on in court so you can make a good defense before it actually goes to court etc..

also there are also some people who will go to court for you as your representative if they are free else they will help you prepare a good defense for you as they like to laugh at these private companies :P

anyways good luck keep us updated if any anything pops up
Say they sent a court notice and you agree to
Pay the fine will they be ok or want
extra money?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by member9876
Say they sent a court notice and you agree to
Pay the fine will they be ok or want
extra money?

They are not called fines they are called invoices

It's like me writing in a piece of white paper and telling you to pay me £65 for parking in my driveway
Reply 24
thanks for the help profile. Can this type of fine/invoice or if it went to court make you fail the crb check? as a hospital employee I obviously have to have one.
Reply 25
Original post by retirement
thanks for the help profile. Can this type of fine/invoice or if it went to court make you fail the crb check? as a hospital employee I obviously have to have one.

As far as i know,

the worst that can happen is you have a county court judgement with you.

for example

The other party takes you to court, you lose, you then have 28 days to pay the invoices or what ever the court orders you to, if you pay within 28 days the case is solved therefore closed.

If after losing the case you decide not to pay you will have a CCJ in your name which I think lasts 6 years then its removed from the register.

But if worst happens like i said you have a higher chance of winning then the private parking company so you should defend it and have a nice trip to the court, you will be able to claim back all expenses if you win (afaik).
Reply 26
what about the crb?
Reply 27
it not is not criminal record you should be fine
Reply 28
Original post by Prolite
it not is not criminal record you should be fine

i was thinking of paying 2 tickets and appealing to popla agaisnt one. what do you think. Just if i am left with 1 ticket, i can maybe fight it?
Reply 29
Original post by retirement
i was thinking of paying 2 tickets and appealing to popla agaisnt one. what do you think. Just if i am left with 1 ticket, i can maybe fight it?

Having 1 ticket is the same as 3 if you pay them anything they will come after you until they get all the money personally I wouldn't pay anything they can't tow your car or clamp it sooo

If your still paro post on pepipoo forums and ask how to appeal to popla, they maybe able to help make an appeal you will need to go back to car park take pics to your advantage too much hassle..

Remember if you appeal to popla the parking company is automatically charged around £32 per apeal even if you were to lose you can still choose to ignore them so if they play you around you can also have some fun with them and make them lose money :smile: because by you parking there they haven't actually lost any money

Tbh stop getting paro and ignore them and move on with your life.

Quick Reply

Latest