The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
My god, never been to London? But London is the centre of the universe!!! I do know the Welsh people from Gavin and Stacey AND I've seen Rob Brydon live, so I suppose I have a good grasp.

That stands to reason. My cockney accent is my happy accent when I'm with mates or when I'm drunk. When I'm in formal settings I can go very, very posh. I reckon I'm quite good at British accents, to be honest. I do a stunning Welsh accent that I did my GCSE Drama performance in and got an A*!

I've never really had a reason to go... Rob Brydon is amazing. I have such a massive crush on him. :colondollar:

Posh is good! Posh is very good actually. I can't do any accent apart from the Welsh. Like, I can't even do an American accent. Congratulations on your A*. :tongue: It must have been good.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
I've never really had a reason to go... Rob Brydon is amazing. I have such a massive crush on him. :colondollar:

Posh is good! Posh is very good actually. I can't do any accent apart from the Welsh. Like, I can't even do an American accent. Congratulations on your A*. :tongue: It must have been good.

There's always a reason to go to London! The life, the culture, the diversity, the action, the drama, the shopping, the theatre, the sports, the history, the sheer gravitas of the place! Mind you, I live in a particularly scummy part of East London best known for its high levels of unemployment and gun and knife crime, so it doesn't really have any of the above qualities, except diversity and action (usually police action).

Rob Brydon is a bit of a heart-throb, I'll give you that. I do struggle with American, but I can just about do a poor version of a whingey American girl, because I met one quite recently.

And thanks, but I wasn't that good. I was cast as a sort of ultra-sarcy but perennially disillusioned and permanently arsey banker who had lost his job in the economic crisis. It wasn't really acting for me.
There's always a reason to go to London! The life, the culture, the diversity, the action, the drama, the shopping, the theatre, the sports, the history, the sheer gravitas of the place! Mind you, I live in a particularly scummy part of East London best known for its high levels of unemployment and gun and knife crime, so it doesn't really have any of the above qualities, except diversity and action (usually police action).

Rob Brydon is a bit of a heart-throb, I'll give you that. I do struggle with American, but I can just about do a poor version of a whingey American girl, because I met one quite recently.

And thanks, but I wasn't that good. I was cast as a sort of ultra-sarcy but perennially disillusioned and permanently arsey banker who had lost his job in the economic crisis. It wasn't really acting for me.

Is London really that great though? I've only really been to Welsh cities like Cardiff and Swansea. And I've always lived in places where chavs dominate and terrorise on a regular basis. Dirty needles and alcohol bottles will often be found on the floor of the places where I've lived (and I've lived in 3 different parts of Wales).

He is an absolute babe! Hahaha, all girls are whingey. It's something you're going to have to get used to. :tongue:

Easy A* for you then. I can't act at all so I probably would have been awarded a D or something like that. Matthew got all of the theatrical/humanities genes while I got the Science ones.
Is London really that great though? I've only really been to Welsh cities like Cardiff and Swansea. And I've always lived in places where chavs dominate and terrorise on a regular basis. Dirty needles and alcohol bottles will often be found on the floor of the places where I've lived (and I've lived in 3 different parts of Wales).

He is an absolute babe! Hahaha, all girls are whingey. It's something you're going to have to get used to. :tongue:

Easy A* for you then. I can't act at all so I probably would have been awarded a D or something like that. Matthew got all of the theatrical/humanities genes while I got the Science ones.

I've never visited Wales, so I'm not sure how they compare, but London is definitely regarded as one of the most splendid cities in the world, and once you're in the middle of it, you understand why.

Ah, but this girl took whingey to new, potent extremes. We're talking using the phrase "like, oh my god" at least six times in sentences, usually expressed in ire at me.

I'm an only child, so I'm not sure what would have happened if I had a sibling... but my parents are split like that. My Dad's got some kind of higher education diploma in English, whereas my Mum's a psychiatric nurse. I appear to have acquired my Dad's propensity for words and essays and such.
I've never visited Wales, so I'm not sure how they compare, but London is definitely regarded as one of the most splendid cities in the world, and once you're in the middle of it, you understand why.

Ah, but this girl took whingey to new, potent extremes. We're talking using the phrase "like, oh my god" at least six times in sentences, usually expressed in ire at me.

I'm an only child, so I'm not sure what would have happened if I had a sibling... but my parents are split like that. My Dad's got some kind of higher education diploma in English, whereas my Mum's a psychiatric nurse. I appear to have acquired my Dad's propensity for words and essays and such.

Wales is more pretty, but there's less stuff to do. You tend to love the country only if you're Welsh, whereas I can understand why people love England and London in particular.

I would have told her to shut up. Or walked away. Or if I was feeling particularly mean I would have mocked her.

I feel sorry for people who are an only child. I have such an amazing relationship with my brother and you all miss out on that. My mother's a surgical nurse and my father used to drive lorries so I'm not too sure where either of us got our academic talents from actually. I'm inclined to say that nursing is sort of like Chemistry so maybe that's why I'm good at it, but my brother is a mystery. Actually, our sister is good at Science and Theatre so maybe it is my mother...
Wales is more pretty, but there's less stuff to do. You tend to love the country only if you're Welsh, whereas I can understand why people love England and London in particular.

I would have told her to shut up. Or walked away. Or if I was feeling particularly mean I would have mocked her.

I feel sorry for people who are an only child. I have such an amazing relationship with my brother and you all miss out on that. My mother's a surgical nurse and my father used to drive lorries so I'm not too sure where either of us got our academic talents from actually. I'm inclined to say that nursing is sort of like Chemistry so maybe that's why I'm good at it, but my brother is a mystery. Actually, our sister is good at Science and Theatre so maybe it is my mother...

I do love a good landscape. I was going to visit Wales for my bronze Duke of Edinburgh award a few years ago, but I was ill and couldn't go. That was 6 months of volunteering at the charity shop down the drain...

Oh, mockery ensued. She was basically on her high horse because I'm 18 and she had just turned 20, and us getting off was worthy of a complete breakdown. She was like that for a solid 15 minutes because I corrected her pronunciation of paedophile, told her to get off her high horse, get her head out of her arse and bugger off. It would have ended civilly, but for my friend coming over and shouting "**** off back to america you stupid yank"...

I guess lorry drivers have to be quite good at logistics and timing, which can kind of relate to science, because you have to think methodically and logically?
You want to go to North Wales for that then, not South. Couldn't you have just done it a different day?

That 2 year age difference is nothing! She sounds like a **** though. Some people are so strange.

Hmmm, I suppose. I guess I'll never know though. My dad was never intelligent but he was hard working, something which both me and my brother have. :smile:
You want to go to North Wales for that then, not South. Couldn't you have just done it a different day?

That 2 year age difference is nothing! She sounds like a **** though. Some people are so strange.

Hmmm, I suppose. I guess I'll never know though. My dad was never intelligent but he was hard working, something which both me and my brother have. :smile:

It was South Wales, actually, on the coast, but I can't for the life of me remember the place. Sufficed to say that there were too many Ls in the name.

Yeah, she was a mad cow, but she left the club to me singing the 'Team America song' and shouting 'The Obama Administration has been a disappointment!", so I think I won that round.
It was South Wales, actually, on the coast, but I can't for the life of me remember the place. Sufficed to say that there were too many Ls in the name.

Yeah, she was a mad cow, but she left the club to me singing the 'Team America song' and shouting 'The Obama Administration has been a disappointment!", so I think I won that round.

We love the letter L. :tongue:

Hahahaha! That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
We love the letter L. :tongue:

Hahahaha! That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

I think what's more harsh is that I just spilt my dinner on my lap. Jesus, I'm like a child. Definitely not ready for university, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think what's more harsh is that I just spilt my dinner on my lap. Jesus, I'm like a child. Definitely not ready for university, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I burnt my pasta earlier. I don't think I'm cut out for uni either...
I burnt my pasta earlier. I don't think I'm cut out for uni either...

My new trousers are covered in pork chop juices, no innuendo intended. I am devastated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My new trousers are covered in pork chop juices, no innuendo intended. I am devastated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm crying with laughter! N'awww maybe your mummy can clean them for you.
I'm crying with laughter! N'awww maybe your mummy can clean them for you.

That's awful. Just awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's awful. Just awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soz hun.

Anyway, I've been told I'm derailing the thread. I'd post a picture but someone else said I post too many pictures. Someone else post!
Soz hun.

Anyway, I've been told I'm derailing the thread. I'd post a picture but someone else said I post too many pictures. Someone else post!

Here I come re-railing the thread with my bald ass TPhoto_00005.jpg
Original post by danielnkwocha

How seductive. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh helloooooooooo Chat sectioners :smile:
Original post by danielnkwocha

Cheeky pose going on there. :tongue:

Original post by Jordan-James
Ohh helloooooooooo Chat sectioners :smile:

Hola! :wavey:
Original post by eliza.anne
How seductive. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish :lol: I'm not the visually seductive type, I hear I'm much more of a talker :tongue:

Cheeky pose going on there. :tongue:

Hola! :wavey:

It's my good side after all :wink: I look young AF though...
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest