The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BuddingAchiever
Guys i'm so frickin scared !!!!! I know i have been through mocks and tests in exam conditions but the examiners have to understand that i suffer from anxiety gosh i need to calm down...... They'll be over in less than two months :frown:

Just remember that all this hard work will pay off in the end I was ****ting myself before my physics exam in January as I had revised for around 6 weeks and I knew that if I messed up in the exam then all that effort would have been for nothing,but little did I know that I was to walk out the exam hall with an A*. Just keep telling yourself that you are going to do well and then you will walk into the exam with a positive attitude towards things and hopefully that will help you to get through it! I really do wish you all the best for the exams as I know what it feels like to do badly,as I messed up real bad in my exams last year due to putting in minimal effort and revising for less than a week ! Luckily I have the chance to resit these exams but I need to try not to over do it when it comes to the revision as Ive convinced myself that unless I revise non stop for hours on end then I will definelty failed these exams,its not a good way to think I know but the amount of effort I put into the exam I did good on still shocks me now to be honest its weird to think how back then I was freaking out yet now I'm all relaxed knowing that I did my best,if only I knew at the time that I was going to do well,then all this anxiety and panicking would just go away
I have 35 exams
Original post by Victoriapownall
I have 35 exams

Ouch... well hope good luck I suppose!
Original post by dandaman7771
Ouch... well hope good luck I suppose!

I was over exaggerated just likely I have 5,but I'm only in year 10 so that's quite a lot really compared to most people my age,I would be doing only 4 though if I hadn't managed to mess up my science ones last year ;(....who cares when there's such a thing as resist though ! :smile:
Reply 364
Tell me your email and I will send you other loads of really useful reviison resources that I am using :smile:

Can you please send it as a message via the student room.

Many thanks
Original post by Flo_97
Can you please send it as a message via the student room.

Many thanks

I can't I'm on my iPad send me your email and I will send them over straight away but i can't send documents over via tsr
I was over exaggerated just likely I have 5,but I'm only in year 10 so that's quite a lot really compared to most people my age,I would be doing only 4 though if I hadn't managed to mess up my science ones last year ;(....who cares when there's such a thing as resist though ! :smile:

I did 7 last May/June and I'm only doing 8 this May/June and I'm in Year 11 and if I hadn't chosen Further Maths, which was completely optional and actually suggested by me then I would have 6 exams this May/June, which would have been less than last year.
Original post by Dalek1099
I did 7 last May/June and I'm only doing 8 this May/June and I'm in Year 11 and if I hadn't chosen Further Maths, which was completely optional and actually suggested by me then I would have 6 exams this May/June, which would have been less than last year.

Oh yeh I think I'm going to have a similar amount then this year but it depends whether I'm going to have to retake film studies that I doing in June and whether I will have to retake maths and english which I'm taking this November !,if I have no retakes then I will only have only 4 exams next year but that's highly unlikely seeing as I'm destined a D in maths ;(
Thankfully have a late start on my GCSES compared to my friends who all start next week, my first exam is on May 22nd.

The exams I'm taking are:
English Literature Unit 1 and 2, the only exams I have through May! :biggrin:
English Language Units 1 and 2
RE Unit 2
Biology: B2
History: USA 1929-2000
Maths
Physics: P2
and Film Studies.

Thankfully passed the massive exams in Year 10 and got A*-B grades in them so I don't have as many exams as the majority of my friends! :smile:

Dreading Film Studies however as my teacher is awful and none of my class have any idea as to what we do exactly in the exam, plus it's the last exam and I have to wait til June 24th to be rid of my school! :frown:
i have astronomy on wednesday, looking forward to it, though there is 2 years of stuff to learn. lol, *cracks knuckles* challenge accepted!!!

tazza

gg gl hf with all exams
Reply 370
I had French today
English Lit paper 1-20 may
Textiles-22 may
English lit paper 2-23 May
Music-24 may
History-3 June
English Language-4 June
Additional Science B4C4P4-5 June
Media-6 June
Maths-11 June
Maths-14 June
History-19 June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
i have astronomy on wednesday, looking forward to it, though there is 2 years of stuff to learn. lol, *cracks knuckles* challenge accepted!!!

tazza

gg gl hf with all exams

*few* It's not just me doing Astronomy on Wednesday

When Did You Start Revising For It?
Original post by CanisCanemEdit
*few* It's not just me doing Astronomy on Wednesday

When Did You Start Revising For It?

i started in january but am doing a last minute cram session. what did you get in the coursework?? i got 36/40 which believe is 45 ums (out of a possible 50).

so yeah, do you understand the equation of time??? thats a bitch to learn!!!!

anywho gtg and revise

cheers

tazza
i started in january but am doing a last minute cram session. what did you get in the coursework?? i got 36/40 which believe is 45 ums (out of a possible 50).

so yeah, do you understand the equation of time??? thats a bitch to learn!!!!

anywho gtg and revise

cheers

tazza

I haven't gotten my grade back for the coursework yet (I just gave it in last week :P)

Yh i do, I spent 3 hours on it on the weekend trying to get it into my skull. It's simple after a few hours of torture.
Original post by CanisCanemEdit
I haven't gotten my grade back for the coursework yet (I just gave it in last week :P)

Yh i do, I spent 3 hours on it on the weekend trying to get it into my skull. It's simple after a few hours of torture.

yeah i understand it now, its really confusing with the gmt and ast and which one is which lol. good luck with tomorrow
yeah i understand it now, its really confusing with the gmt and ast and which one is which lol. good luck with tomorrow

You too :smile:
guys did any one do gcse pe edexcel on the 14th may 2013?
Reply 377
I did!! The last six marker was so weird, most people I know found it harder than the past papers we'd done...
Reply 378
Already done French
Sociology Unit 1
Sociology Unit 2
R.E
English Literature 1
English Literature 2
English Language
Graphics
Geography
Maths Calc
Maths Non Calc
Biology B7
Physics P7
Chemistry C7
Statistics
Do mock results and predicted grades matter? I have special consideration because of my illness that has been consistent for the past few weeks... What does this 'consideration' entitle ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest