The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Aleena1996
i find da heart circulatory system reallyy difficult to stik in my head. does staying up all night revising acctually helolp?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you will find it more difficult to think of answers quickly when doing the exam.
Reply 681
ATTENTION!!!

:colone: Now that I have your attention, what time does the exam start?

With the Kidney I'm confused. What is this business with tubules and nephrons? How are they related?
Reply 683
Original post by lolface32
ATTENTION!!!

:colone: Now that I have your attention, what time does the exam start?

9am.
Reply 684
Original post by ABC05
Mycoprotein is made from the fungus 'Fusarium'. It needs to be made in a generator with aerobic conditions, that needs a supply of air/oxygen. Needs a glucose base to provide the microorganisms with energy to respire. Needs a water jacket to the keep the process at a constant temperature and not to overheat. The fusarium mixes with the air and mycoprotein is made. Just wrote this, is it any good? I find mycoprotein hard :frown:

Don't forget

- Air also helps the nutrients circulate around the fermenter so they are equally distributed.
- Glucose is used to provide energy for the fusarium but also used to make the protein itself with nitrogen from ammonia which is also pumped into the fermenter.
How the hell has time gone so fast. 14th May already?!
Reply 686
Original post by bbadonde2
With the Kidney I'm confused. What is this business with tubules and nephrons? How are they related?

You do not need to know about nephrons.
Reply 687
Can anyone tell me what a Peat Bog is?:smile:
Reply 688
Original post by kaymccann

- Marshy ground containing decaying plant material.
- Waterlogged, acidic and anaerobic conditions so plants do not rot completely.
- Locks up a lot of carbon.
- Digging it up or burning it releases CO2 and this contributes to global warming.
Reply 689
Original post by kaymccann

Peat Bogs were vegetation that grew on decaying plant material and overtime this has formed to make MASS ammounts of stored carbon dioxide. Alltogether, there is more Carbon Dioxide in peat bogs than there are in the whole atmosphere. Humans usepeat bogs because of their rich nutrients for compost.
Reply 690
Good luck everyone for tomorrow

Does anyone have any last minute questions? Or should we just test each other?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm really panicking because some of the 6 mark questions that are being asked here are really hard... I know everything on the spec but having trouble writing it down in prose...:/
Reply 692
Okay guys, time to ask some revision questions? I'll start:

How does the double circulatory system help mammals to be active?
Original post by ali_d123
You do not need to know about nephrons.

Then what is the tubule business?
Reply 694
Original post by HarryRiley88
I'm really panicking because some of the 6 mark questions that are being asked here are really hard... I know everything on the spec but having trouble writing it down in prose...:/

I'm sure you'll be fine. We're asking hard questions before all the easy ones have already been asked. Don't worry!

If I were you, leave the 6 marks till the end. Then, bullet point the 5/6 points on the top right hand corner. Plan your answer out. Then, start writing in prose.

Original post by bbadonde2
Then what is the tubule business?

Don't really need that either. It's not on any mark scheme. As per the specification , you just need to know the kidney filters the blood but not the details.

Original post by issie1234

Allows transport of oxygen and glucose quickly to the muscles in exercise. It also removes carbon dioxide quickly. A single circulatory system would not transport everything quickly enough for movement.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ali_d123
Peat Bogs were vegetation that grew on decaying plant material and overtime this has formed to make MASS ammounts of stored carbon dioxide. Alltogether, there is more Carbon Dioxide in peat bogs than there are in the whole atmosphere. Humans usepeat bogs because of their rich nutrients for compost.

Remember that it is vegetation that grows in very acidic areas, when this vegetation dies the plants don't decompose properly and eventually turn into peat.

DOuble circulatory system means more blood flowing around the body to muscles therefore more oxygen can be taken round the body when needed? idk it was just an educated guess
Reply 697

this is because it takes blood to the lungs, then pumps the blood around the body, meaing that only fully oxygenated blood is pumped to the body and its at a high pressure
For most patients a kidney transplant is better than continued treatment by dialysis.Give two advantages of having a kidney transplant rather than treatment by dialysis.
1 .........................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................
2 .........................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................
(2 marks)
Give two possible disadvantages of having a kidney transplant.
1 .........................................................................................................................................

2 .........................................................................................................................................
(2 marks)
If anyone wants example six markers, go through the pages of this thread, there are many complete answers other users have kindly given

Latest