The Student Room Group

GCSE PE exam 2moro, any tips?

My GCSE PE exam is tommorow, anybody know any tips, hints or how to answer and how to get full marks etc. i would be grateful, thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i don't know! im soo scared lol
Reply 2
lol what do you know what exam board ur doin??? i'm doing AQA
Reply 3
Ah AQA PE, what fun that is going to be :rolleyes:

I hate PE theory, everything they want is extremely specific, you can't give vague answers.
Reply 4
Morgan141
Ah AQA PE, what fun that is going to be :rolleyes:

I hate PE theory, everything they want is extremely specific, you can't give vague answers.

The problem is for me...is that my practical marks are reli bad..becuz i didnt reli express myself in football..(i also was only there for 2 lessons) and since i was new in school, teachers didnt know i was better than average in football...so they put me in a crap group wer i didnt play good at all...and thats how they judged me in football..:frown: but i did amazing in PE c/w got 9/10:biggrin: and teacher says i need 70% in exam to get a C ! I"M SOO WORRIED!!!!!!!!!!!! i got 66% in mocks..
Reply 5
70% for a C is a bit high imo, I don't know the exact boundries but I don't think it's even close to that!

What sort of marks did you get for your other practicals?
Reply 6
i remember i got 15 in football, 17 in badminton, 13 in rounders (i fink)..and i dont remember my table tennis one and netball one, also in the mocks wen i got 66% that wasnt even a C, it was a few marks of a C.
Reply 7
Hmm, I don't know how your teachers marked it because ours we out of 50 (20 for physical things and 30 for the written bit). What were those marks out of?

Don't worry too much anyway, PE isn't exactly an important subject (unless you plan to carry on with it next year!) The thing I'd say though is say more than you need to, it increases the chance of you saying the right thing :p:
Reply 8
lol k..i think the practical is out of 20 sumfin for each...my coursework was out of 10 which i got 9
I am not really bothered about PE, but I am revising (tomorow right after my RE exam). This is because I only got a C for practical so I stand no chance of geting over a B in the final exam mark. The theory is not hard, and I know I am getting at least over 80%, but I would still prefer to get a B grade. Oh well. Tips would be learn where the bones are in the human body and learn about sponsorship as they are two common topics in the AQA PE.
Reply 10
mysterious lady
I am not really bothered about PE, but I am revising (tomorow right after my RE exam). This is because I only got a C for practical so I stand no chance of geting over a B in the final exam mark. The theory is not hard, and I know I am getting at least over 80%, but I would still prefer to get a B grade. Oh well. Tips would be learn where the bones are in the human body and learn about sponsorship as they are two common topics in the AQA PE.

thanks for the tips, i know the bones bit...i'll learn the sponsorships bit..
Reply 11
i'm on 59/60 practical and c/w together! wat do you think i would have to get on the exam to get an A*?
Keep revising past papers and gcse pe questions
Yes because GCSE PE is SO hard :rolleyes:
Reply 14
learn the training principles, its probably gonna be in the scenario
Reply 15
I think I'm really well prepared for the scenario section
Reply 16
I need 19 for an A which is less than half marks but 39 out of 40 UMS for an A* so I can't say I'm feeling that positive about that happening. The main thing I've revised is the training principles and the skeleton, muscles etc.
I've done so little revsion for this, PE is pretty much common snese once you get a few basics straight
Reply 18
Original post by AntonyR
I need 19 for an A which is less than half marks but 39 out of 40 UMS for an A* so I can't say I'm feeling that positive about that happening. The main thing I've revised is the training principles and the skeleton, muscles etc.

Original post by King Amukee
I've done so little revsion for this, PE is pretty much common snese once you get a few basics straight

What board are you guys? I'm AQA
Reply 19
I'm OCR, the marking of ours seems to be quite different looking on here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending