The Student Room Group

Ocr f321 23 may 2013~official discussion thread

Anyone sitting this paper? I'm retaking it for the 3rd time :frown: got C the last two times...hope to get an A this time round! Grade boundaries vary a lot but seem to be following the 'increase' trend... JAN 13: a=49. b=44

I'm losing my A grades because of stupid mistakes and rushing questions and not reading questions etc...i know this because I go both previous papers back. I don't know why but I really struggle for time in F321 papers hence the reason for the rushing...any tips?

Exam is on 23 May 2013 and its AM

Good luck! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Quiet confident for this :smile: Done all past papers and getting the 45-50 mark. Goodluck to you, hope you get your A!
Reply 2
Me I just don't seem to be getting a pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by suzan0101
Me I just don't seem to be getting a pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pass in F321 papers?
Original post by yodawg321
Quiet confident for this :smile: Done all past papers and getting the 45-50 mark. Goodluck to you, hope you get your A!

Omg same! I'm doing amazing at past papers which worries me as I have sat it so many times yet flopped :frown: thanks you btw! :biggrin: u too :smile:
Could everyone let people know who are sitting this paper that this thread will be where after-exam discussions will take place and possibly an unofficial mark scheme :smile: Thanks :smile:
I hate polarity and electronegativity !!! :angry:
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
I hate polarity and electronegativity !!! :angry:

Yeah me too dude! Want to revise? :smile:
Original post by reneetaylor
Yeah me too dude! Want to revise? :smile:

Haha sure! So me first: how do u know is a compound is polar? And If it is polar, is it symmetrical or non symmetrical?
Haha sure! So me first: how do u know is a compound is polar? And If it is polar, is it symmetrical or non symmetrical?

Sorry about that mate! You look at the difference in electronegativity of the atoms of the compound, the larger the difference the more polar the bond. Smaller the difference, the more non-polar the bond.
It's usually non symmetrical.
Sorry about that mate! You look at the difference in electronegativity of the atoms of the compound, the larger the difference the more polar the bond. Smaller the difference, the more non-polar the bond.
It's usually non symmetrical.

That's alright. :smile: yep u know it! :smile: I think we will get a question on ovalen one structures and stuff..
That's alright. :smile: yep u know it! :smile: I think we will get a question on ovalen one structures and stuff..

:smile:, hope so!
Is this a retake for you?
I got a D last time and I think I'm going to do worse this time. And the worst thing is in an ideal world I need an A for uni, I hate group two and group seven so much :frown:
:smile:, hope so!
Is this a retake for you?

Yh :frown: I hate this unit! I like f322 much better!
Yh :frown: I hate this unit! I like f322 much better!

You'll enjoy F324 then! That's a lot like F322.
Best of luck for your exams Hassan, though you seem to be working very hard so no need for me to wish you any luck really.
:smile:
Original post by imgonnafail
I got a D last time and I think I'm going to do worse this time. And the worst thing is in an ideal world I need an A for uni, I hate group two and group seven so much :frown:

Just think of them as opposites

Reactivity in group 7 INCREASES
Reactivity in group 7DECREASES
Boiling point only needs to be discussed in group 7 so boiling point increases because vanderwaals forces etc.
and when talking about CARBONATES in group 2, it's about STABILITY increasing
You'll enjoy F324 then! That's a lot like F322.
Best of luck for your exams Hassan, though you seem to be working very hard so no need for me to wish you any luck really.
:smile:

Aw thank you soooo much renee! :biggrin: you too! And trust me haha I need to do way more work lol hahaha :P check bak after the exam for the discussion :smile:
Reply 17

I know this is gonna sound so dumb, but WHAT IS OVALEN ONE :O:afraid::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Original post by Geassuser
I know this is gonna sound so dumb, but WHAT IS OVALEN ONE :O:afraid::bawling::bawling::bawling:

covalent :wink:
so exam is on Thursday...what's everyone doing for revision seeming its a resit?

Latest

Trending

Trending