The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Streaming the parade earlier - it was incredible. Definitely lightened the mood with SAF and Scholes retiring.
The presenters were hilarious too xD
Reply 4161
Apparently David Gill flew out to Spain today to talk with Ronaldo's agent, Jorges Mendez.

Interesting.
Reply 4162
Rooney will have the mega rich foreign clubs interested, I think he'll go to PSG, they don't mind paying over the odds for players and high wages, plus the Rooney brand would do wonders for them. What about using him or Young/Valencia as bait for Bale.

Cesc to Man Utd is ridiculous then again I said the same about Gotze and RVP, surely should get a place to start at Barca soon though Arsenal should do all they can to get him back, would love him here even more than Modric. Imagine CR7 back at United, Cesc back at Arsenal and Mou back at Chelsea, wouldn't be the same without Fergie but it would be a great summer for the league.
Reply 4163
Original post by qasidb
Apparently David Gill flew out to Spain today to talk with Ronaldo's agent, Jorges Mendez.

Interesting.

Source?

This stories been in the media and rumour mill, like every single day for a week or two now. Can't see it happening what so ever..
*Waits for United fan to post ridiculous starting XI including Ronaldo, Bale and van Persie* :colone:
Reply 4165
Original post by Akkuz
Source?

This stories been in the media and rumour mill, like every single day for a week or two now. Can't see it happening what so ever..

I know it's an awful source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2321466/Cristiano-Ronaldo-return-Manchester-United-David-Gill-flies-Madrid-talk-super-agent.html) but it's just the way they said it seems like they had a lot of confidence and conviction to look like it's true. Maybe it is.
Reply 4166
Original post by qasidb
I know it's an awful source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2321466/Cristiano-Ronaldo-return-Manchester-United-David-Gill-flies-Madrid-talk-super-agent.html) but it's just the way they said it seems like they had a lot of confidence and conviction to look like it's true. Maybe it is.

There's a rumour mill on twitter atm of random people saying Gill is trying to buy Ronaldo and sell them Rooney for £33m lol.

The fact we got linked to Fabregas today, is just laughable.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
*Waits for United fan to post ridiculous starting XI including Ronaldo, Bale and van Persie* :colone:

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Rio - Evra
Carrick - Cesc
Bale - Kagawa - Ronaldo
Van Persie

:coma:

Spoiler

Reply 4168
Original post by Kenan and Kel
De Gea
Carrick - Cesc
Bale - Kagawa - Ronaldo
Van Persie

Spoiler

Can't happen. Raping is illegal.
De Gea
Carrick - Cesc
Bale - Kagawa - Ronaldo
Van Persie

Spoiler

More chance of Fergie coming back and winning the title with Liverpool than you signing Ronaldo, Bale and Cesc in one summer :colone:
Reply 4170
Zaha was good today, new no10
Original post by TheInvincibles14
More chance of Fergie coming back and winning the title with Liverpool than you signing Ronaldo, Bale and Cesc in one summer :colone:

Only about £120 million, and £550k a week in wages. With Rooney like to go, it'll be more like £90 million, and £300k a week in wages. :colone:

Mancini officially sacked. Wonder if City try making a move for Mourinho. Seeing as they haven't already though, it would make Mourinho to Chelsea about 99.9% confirmed.
Only about £120 million, and £550k a week in wages. With Rooney going, it's more like £90 million, and 300k a week in wages. :colone:

Mancini officially sacked. Wonder if City try making a move for Mourinho. Seeing as they haven't already though, it would make Mourinho to Chelsea about 99.9% confirmed.

Imagine the faces on the Chelsea fans if Mou goes to Man City
Reply 4173
Mancini sacked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

Oh well, I hope the next manager's crap (although Mancini wasn't actually that bad).
Reply 4174
They were tweeting SAF best XI on bbc today and someone said Rafael and De Gea might've been there if Fergie stayed longer, do you think Rafael and De Gea can overcome Schmeichal and Neville, I can see Rafael doing it, and only see De Gea doing it if he retires at United to become our best keeper ever.
Reply 4175
11th May: Mancini "Ill feel stupid if Man City sack me"

He must be feeling pretty damn stupid right now
What is the difference between Mancini and a mankini?

Spoiler

Original post by rohitbd
They were tweeting SAF best XI on bbc today and someone said Rafael and De Gea might've been there if Fergie stayed longer, do you think Rafael and De Gea can overcome Schmeichal and Neville, I can see Rafael doing it, and only see De Gea doing it if he retires at United to become our best keeper ever.

Rafael has a heck of a chance, because I think his time at United has made him a United fan through and through. If he can continue to have seasons like this one, then I wouldn't put it past him.

De Gea is definitely the type of keeper that could overcome Schmeichel. When comparing Schmeichel and Van der Sar, there really isn't much between them as a goalkeeper overall, but Schmikes was a match-winner for United, and I think De Gea with his shot-stopping abilities is of the same mold. If he lasted 6-10 years, he could well be up for discussion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4178
mancini.jpg

:rofl:
Fergie said goodbye to Wenger (not literally but as a title rival), then Mourinho and now Mancini.

They would have been better off keeping Mancini from a continuity point of view with SAF retiring and him knowing the league more well than Pellegrini but he deserved the sack, should have done much better and moaned about not having RVP (even though he didn't want to join City) and transfers.

In other topics, I was hoping the announcer would have asked De Gea a question when he was standing next to Rio to see how his English was doing. He was disappointed he didn't get the chance when he was doing a press conference before the Madrid tie.

I can't imagine Rooney being involved on Sunday either. The away fans won't be as calm as a home crowd might be.

Latest