The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies AS Exams (May 13th 2013)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by auralay
How did everyone find it?

I did the Philosophy of Religion paper (cosmological argument and psychology) and I think it went okay-ish! The 15 marker for the Cosmological Argument threw me a bit, not sure why really as it was a really easy question in hindsight. Rejection of infinite regress too, eeeek.

Hopefully I'll have somehow scraped an A, anyway :s-smilie:

I did them too :smile: I don't think it was easy though
I thought the last question about Jung was really hard and also the first one about infinite regress, I hope they lower the grade boundaries.
Reply 21
Original post by Onoderas
For Nature and Value of Human life it was such an open question with too much to write about, and just used inequality to suggest some people can be seen as 'different'.

Isn't that a good thing, there was so much to write about I wrote about the Christian and Muslim perspectives.
Reply 22
I did utilitarianism which I thought was awful! And euthanasia which wasn't too bad :smile: and then philosophy religion and science where I did miracles and creation, miracles was horrible though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NOONA.
I did them too :smile: I don't think it was easy though
I thought the last question about Jung was really hard and also the first one about infinite regress, I hope they lower the grade boundaries.

Yeah, I found the 30 markers really difficult - they were so specific, it's difficult not to go off topic! Finding half an essay worth of stuff to write about the argument's basis in observation was difficult.

I think the last Jung question was okay for me, but for the first part of the Psych 30 mark question I just went through the Oedipus Complex and the Primal Horde - wasn't very specific with the whole 'repressed guilt' issue :s-smilie:
Omg how did everyone find it?! Cosmological and psychology part b questions were so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by priyashah95
Omg how did everyone find it?! Cosmological and psychology part b questions were so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did so badly on the Cosmological Argument part B! I don't even know what I was rambling on about - something about it being inductive therefore not proof, then it just went off into the fact that the cosmological argument was part of a cumulative argument so it couldn't stand alone for God's existence :confused:

How did you find the part A questions?
Reply 26
Original post by NOONA.
Isn't that a good thing, there was so much to write about I wrote about the Christian and Muslim perspectives.

Yep that's true! Just worried that since there was so much to write about they expected so much back. Did you go through race, gender and disability pointing out how they can be seen as equal or not? I mainly stuck to Christianity but referred to the Nation of Islam to support racial difference/inequality :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I did the Cosmological argument and psychology of religion which I didn't find easy but was not completely thrown. Hated the ethics paper, AO1 Euthanasia and Utilitarianism I found relatively ok but the AO2s for those were vile:angry::frown:
Reply 28
i did utilitarianism and euthanasia i thought they were okay but hated the A02 of euthanasia! Did anyone do Unit 10, the Judaism paper?
hey
i also did cosmological argument and psychology of religion
apparently for cosmological, for the basis in observation point you should have talked about aquinas' 1st and 3rd way and for the infinite regress the 2nd way
not 100% sure on that though
did anyone mention liebnez in infinite regress? i just kind of threw it in there in a panic because i didnt know what to write

and for psychology of religion - what points did people say that he DID challenge religious belief? i could barely think of anything and made up some crap oops -they should do AO2s with coherent arguments for each side!
Original post by lollipops1
i did utilitarianism and euthanasia i thought they were okay but hated the A02 of euthanasia! Did anyone do Unit 10, the Judaism paper?

yes! i did! i havent been able to find anyone else that does it
what questions did you answer for it?
Reply 31
Original post by richarddawkins
yes! i did! i havent been able to find anyone else that does it
what questions did you answer for it?

i did temple and messiah what did you do?
Reply 32
^^^^ sorry i meant temple and nature of god
^^^^ sorry i meant temple and nature of god

temple and covenant - is that the same as nature of god? how did you find them?
Reply 34
temple and covenant - is that the same as nature of god? how did you find them?

What was the question again for the nature of God topic? haha i have forgotten already! What were you questions you did?
What was the question again for the nature of God topic? haha i have forgotten already! What were you questions you did?

i cant even remember hahhaha
i did topic 1 - nature of the covenant today, and is god still able to be classed as omnipotent?
and the temple ones - orthodox and reform beliefs about the temple, and is it still important today or something along those lines
you?
I did my GCSE RS exam today,I think It went well apart and I got my A*,apart from two problems on one of the sections I put in a cross in the box saying I would answer question 6 by mistake and I then answered question 5 as I intended to do in the first place, will they just mark me for question 5?,also in the final section I didn't cross any box and answered question 8 not 7,will they just look at it and work out which one I answered?
Reply 37
i cant even remember hahhaha
i did topic 1 - nature of the covenant today, and is god still able to be classed as omnipotent?
and the temple ones - orthodox and reform beliefs about the temple, and is it still important today or something along those lines
you?

Do you remember what the festivals question was cause a friend said she did that one but neither of us could remember the question?
Reply 38
am I the only on that answered the quantum mechanics question?:afraid::afraid:
Do you remember what the festivals question was cause a friend said she did that one but neither of us could remember the question?

ao1 was something about the significance of the seder plate but i cant remember ao2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending