The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
hi does anyone know what questions came up in jan 2013
Original post by car101
hi does anyone know what questions came up in jan 2013

For which topic?
is ti worth doing a 5 min plan in the exam?
Original post by getoom
is ti worth doing a 5 min plan in the exam?

yes, most exam reports say students who made a plan did better
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
yes, most exam reports say students who made a plan did better

Thanks!
Reply 165
Absolutely bricking it :frown:

I seem to revise to the end of time and there is still piles to go over... I'm going to fail. I'm giving up and going to bed. Please... I need this A.
Original post by Mr Faust
Absolutely bricking it :frown:

I seem to revise to the end of time and there is still piles to go over... I'm going to fail. I'm giving up and going to bed. Please... I need this A.

You're not going to fail, it may seem like alot but with some broad revision you should be able to nail it. Make sure you nail the structure which is for me 60% of getting an A, its all about time management.
Reply 167
I hope fyp or collectivisation or families and women come up for d4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
I also would be happy if the struggle to power comes up I will die if anything else comes up in that section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody know what questions came up in January for the unification of Italy and the collapse of the liberal state and rise of fascism in Italy?
Wow why do I no longer have access to Edexcel's history past papers area?

EDIT: or their entire site for that matter...

EDIT 2: panic over, got it back. Thought I was blocked by edexcel for trying to predict what is coming up :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 171
I am actually so terrified about today's exam. Seriously, after my disasterous History result for Unit 2 in January, I NEED an A in this exam. I feel ok with the content, but there's just so much to know and I'm sure when I get into the exam hall I'll have a complete mental block...

Argh, I've never actually been so nervous for an exam before, I can't be dealing with retaking this next year. Wish I had the option of retaking in January... Cheers to the government:smile:

Has anyone got any last minute tips? I'd say that time management is definitely the biggest tip- try hard not to go over the 40 minutes for each essay, otherwise you'll find yourself rushing to finish and trust me, that's the worst thing when you have to rush to finish a paragraph when the exam invigilators tell you to put your pens down... Good luck to you all, I hope the exam has the questions you're strongest in:smile:
Reply 172
So, what did everyone think?
I did the seemingly popular Stalin's Russia unit, and I was so happy we got a rise to power question!
The other unit I did was the one about conflict/ideology in Asia (Korean/Vietnam war), but this doesn't seem very commonly chosen. I was less confident on that but still think I did pretty good on my Korean war question ^^ Aiming for a B/A!
Reply 173
I was convinced for the Asian q I would chose Korea if it came up but withdrawing from Vietnam was the topic I'd focused on the most - in ended up neglecting Korea in revision because I was convinced that it wouldn't come up... Hoping for a b, wish I could say an a!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Sorry, ^ lots of autocorrect there! 💬

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it went pretty well, I did both Russia questions and they were really quite nice
Reply 176
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
I think it went pretty well, I did both Russia questions and they were really quite nice

For a second I thought you meant you did two questions on Stalin's Russia! :P
Reply 177
Oh my god that paper was sooo goood!

The civil rights question going from 1945-1968 I had so much analysis!

and then Russian agriculture and industry, best paper ever I'm expecting B/A
Did anyone do Mao's China?? I regret choosing the Cultural Revolution question :|
Reply 179
Did anyone do Rise and collapse of Fascism and the Third Reich in History 1 Option F?

Latest

Trending

Trending