The Student Room Group

RS Exam 13th May Confusion,Help please!

I did my RS exam today,I think It went well and I got my A*,apart from two problems on one of the sections I put in a cross in the box saying I would answer question 6 by mistake and I then answered question 5 as I intended to do in the first place, will they just mark me for question 5?,also in the final section I didn't cross any box and answered question 8 not 7,will they just look at it and work out which one I answered?
I did the same exam too and I also think I got my A*..thank god there was nothing about media in there :biggrin: :colondollar:
Reply 2
That's good news!:smile: I just avoided the media questions,I did the roman catholic exam,there was only two,I'm just worried about this crossing the right box business as I mentioned above,would you happen to know what they do?:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Harry Burchall
I did my RS exam today,I think It went well and I got my A*,apart from two problems on one of the sections I put in a cross in the box saying I would answer question 6 by mistake and I then answered question 5 as I intended to do in the first place, will they just mark me for question 5?,also in the final section I didn't cross any box and answered question 8 not 7,will they just look at it and work out which one I answered?

I took this exam last year and forgot to put the cross in the boxes to indicate which questions i was answering but still ended up with an A,do don't worry
Reply 4
Original post by Naznin Hasan
I did the same exam too and I also think I got my A*..thank god there was nothing about media in there :biggrin: :colondollar:

Do you think the grade boundaries will be high for that exam as I have the religion and society one this Friday and I need 97ums but I'm not sure how many marks I can afford to lose as for some previous years you could lose 4 marks whereas last year you could only use 2 marks so I'm worried that I will miss the A* overall I need by like 1 mark !!!
Reply 5
That's good news!:smile: I just avoided the media questions,I did the roman catholic exam,there was only two,I'm just worried about this crossing the right box business as I mentioned above,would you happen to know what they do?:s-smilie:

I remember doing this exam last year and like you I avoided the media questions but I should have learnt the media stuff as the other questions were much harder than the media ones !!! If I'd of learnt the media stuff I'm oretty sure I would have got an A* last year and so I now I need 97ums in religion and soceity exam to get an A* and I don't think I'm good enough at re to do that well,especially as the questions really try and catch you at !!
Reply 6
Original post by Tsr_helper
I remember doing this exam last year and like you I avoided the media questions but I should have learnt the media stuff as the other questions were much harder than the media ones !!! If I'd of learnt the media stuff I'm oretty sure I would have got an A* last year and so I now I need 97ums in religion and soceity exam to get an A* and I don't think I'm good enough at re to do that well,especially as the questions really try and catch you at !!

Oh right good luck with your exam! Also if you ticked the wrong box would the just mark the section you did?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh right good luck with your exam! Also if you ticked the wrong box would the just mark the section you did?

The examiner would realise if you ticked the wrong box I didn't tick no boxes and they still marked it properly they just ask you to tick the boxes so its quicker for the examiners ! Seriously your not the only one who has ticked the wrong boxes stop panicking I was and what for? nothing !!
Reply 8
The examiner would realise if you ticked the wrong box I didn't tick no boxes and they still marked it properly they just ask you to tick the boxes so its quicker for the examiners ! Seriously your not the only one who has ticked the wrong boxes stop panicking I was and what for? nothing !!

That's good,thanks for the encouragement, I have been overly worrying about it all day for no reason!
Reply 9
That's good,thanks for the encouragement, I have been overly worrying about it all day for no reason!

Yeh seriously Its not wise getting into a state about this as It will only make your more anxious in your other exams !,I can 100% guarantee that ticking the wiring boxes will not affect your mark ! Can I just ask you a question...how likely do you think it is that I will be able to get 78/80 on my re exam this Friday I've fully revised everything and have prepared developed answers on every single topic but I'm just worry that the questions will catch me out as I don't know what there asking me to right sometimes !? OMG I AM SO GOING TO NOT GET AN A* :/ fml
Yeh seriously Its not wise getting into a state about this as It will only make your more anxious in your other exams !,I can 100% guarantee that ticking the wiring boxes will not affect your mark ! Can I just ask you a question...how likely do you think it is that I will be able to get 78/80 on my re exam this Friday I've fully revised everything and have prepared developed answers on every single topic but I'm just worry that the questions will catch me out as I don't know what there asking me to right sometimes !? OMG I AM SO GOING TO NOT GET AN A* :/ fml

Yeah I know, good! It's sure possible to get it, Just make sure you learn the small parts of each topic which are easy to look over when you are revising,most of my school hadn't and one of them came up,most of the school didn't put an answer, make sure you also know all they key words etc. On the D questions sometimes the opposite opinion isn't always obvious, however if you use your instinctive you will be able to think of a reasonable answer and get all the marks! If you look at the mark schemes many of the answers won't even be on your revision sheets etc. because the examiners in RS are trained to award and relevant brief point one mark and any relevant developed point two marks, all the best of luck with your exam!:smile:
Ummm you know if you cross the incorrect box, there's nothing to worry about. My teacher told me about this just before the exam actually and she said if there is a mistake, not to worry cuz they'll be able to figure out just by looking at the first question! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending