The Student Room Group

Funniest homework excuse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was that guy that had a face like this :lolwut: when the teacher said something "OK everyone get out your homework please" or a friend asked "you done the h/w?".

I had some amazing excuses, but they were made on the spot so I can't really remember.
Reply 21
Someone said that they had the homework in their bag but it was raining on the way to school so it got completely ruined so they thought the best thing to do would be to throw it in the bin
Reply 22
Someone in my class said that they dropped it in the lion enclosure when they went to the zoo...
Reply 23
Original post by Shabalala
This kid in my English class came out with this rather honest excuse as to why he didn't bring in his essay

'Sorry sir I forgot to bring it with me thi... actually to be honest with you I just couldn't be bothered the football was on last night'

Cue the look of shock/astonishment from the teacher which quickly turned to rage and he blurted out "are you being ****ing serious" He then told the teacher that the other people who hadn't brought it in's excuses were all lies and he thought his honesty would make him go up in the teachers expectations:biggrin:

Some of my friends have used that before. It works well on the teacher's who watch football. Some idiot tried it on our super strict 60 year old female biology teacher. Let's just say the power of menopause is not to be messed with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I emailed my old English teacher a word document full of webdings and acted confused the next day because I "didn't know" why it had turned out like that. From time to time I'd just send her a document full of boxes like this and when I just couldn't be bothered any more I just sent her blank documents.

Thank god for technophobe teachers.
Reply 25
Original post by Shabalala
I had some outstanding methods of avoiding homework I was the king at it so much so I never got in trouble for it once I was always given the benefit of the doubt.

-I lived close to my school we had homework due in Computing and it was just after lunch and I knew she usually asks for the homework at the start of class and was very strict about missing it so as soon as I walked in I put a look of fake shock/horror on my face and said "oh sorry miss i've just realized I left the oven on at home, can I quickly run home and turn it off" too which she said "ye go ahead you had better hurry:" I took my time signing out at the office and walked slowly home arriving back in class with 25 minutes to go by which time all the homework had been collected and she had completley forgotten about mine. I did this with 3 or 4 different teachers but the problem is it only works once per teacher.:biggrin:

-Another good one in English if I had forgotten homework or an essay was too just throw an old essay I had done previously on the pile, then I would write the essay that night and first thing in the morning I would go to his class and say "oh i'm really sorry sir I didn't realise till I got home last night I had handed you the last essay I done by mistake here's the real one" too which he never suspected a thing and said "oh that's alright as long as you done it thanks for bringing it in" I must have used that excuse twice for everyone of my teachers I had.

-Then there was the old emailing it to myself in the wrong format on purpose trick, "oh sorry sir/miss I emailed it to myself last night but it's not working for some reason i'll print it out tonight and bring it in tommorow" too which you never get in trouble for because the computer illiterate teachers know nothing and just assume it's the computers fault haha.

-Next up was the fact my school banned the use of memory sticks due to viruses so a few times I I brought in a blank memory stick and asked the teacher to print off my homework to which they replied "oh no I can't they have been banned" cue the look of fake shock on my face "that's ridiculous what are we supposed to do if we don't have a printer" too which they replied "I know it's stupid oh well can you e-mail it to me for tommorow" which always bought me an extra day and again they never blamed me for it because they foolishly assumed I had done it and it was the schools fault not mine:colone:

Some pretty good excuses there haha. The computer illiterate thing is so true! It's brilliant to use on older teachers. If we have to email the teacher the homework we would do a few days after the deadline and say stuff like 'oh the Internet was really busy this week due to Google upgrading their servers, so the homework took a while to arrive' and the teachers would be all like 'Really? Well that's annoying, when I was your age this wouldn't happen bla bla bla'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Namige
'I couldn't afford paper to do my homework'

Legit excuse

That's reminds me. My brother who went to the same school as me said he did the English homework but we got burgled over the weekend and they stole our computer, along with his homework. Awkward situation when the same teacher comes and asks me if I had been burgled recently...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonathanemptage
The best I've herd from re was god told me not to do it and another on can't tmber where from I was abducted by alians an acedently left it on their ship

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
Reply 28
Original post by jonathanemptage
The best I've herd from re was god told me not to do it and another on can't tmber where from I was abducted by alians an acedently left it on their ship

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG THESE ARE SOOOOOO FUNNNY I wish I was in your re class how can people have the guts to say these !!!
Reply 29
Original post by eliza.anne
I often used my period as an excuse not to do homework. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can girls seriously use that excuse? I can see it working on male teachers because the wrath of the period is not to be questioned. Female teachers would know it's bull**** though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Stolen by a thief thinking it as a notebook of gold?

Eaten By A Rat?

Given as Mortgage to buy underwear?

Lol, anyone can go on and on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by fajitamunch
Some of my friends have used that before. It works well on the teacher's who watch football. Some idiot tried it on our super strict 60 year old female biology teacher. Let's just say the power of menopause is not to be messed with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could have been there,but I have this problem where if teachers are shouting at the whole class I can't help but want to stop laughing at loud ... :/
Reply 32
Original post by Speedy1994
Stolen by a thief thinking it as a notebook of gold?

Eaten By A Rat?

Given as Mortgage to buy underwear?

Lol, anyone can go on and on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have they actually been used though? Or have you just made them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
That's reminds me. My brother who went to the same school as me said he did the English homework but we got burgled over the weekend and they stole our computer, along with his homework. Awkward situation when the same teacher comes and asks me if I had been burgled recently...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhhh how awkward what did you say u bet she felt really sorry for you !!!!!
Reply 34
Original post by Tsr_helper
I wish I could have been there,but I have this problem where if teachers are shouting at the whole class I can't help but want to stop laughing at loud ... :/

I have the same problem. Some teachers just aren't supposed to shout, so when they do, it's the funniest **** ever. You try so hard to keep it in and almost manage... Until you look across to your friend who's gone purple and is scrunching his face so much, he looks like a raspberry, you then make eye contact, that's when you both burst out laughing.... Happened too many times haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

Nooo, my brother had lied! :biggrin: Which is why when she asked me I was just like 'o.0 DA***?' My brother didn't let me in on his excuse... She went and talked to my brother,who then said that the police had identified and located the burglars. They had gotten the computer back,along with his homework. So he just handed it and left casually... I think the teacher needed therapy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 37
Nooo, my brother had lied! :biggrin: Which is why when she asked me I was just like 'o.0 DA***?' My brother didn't let me in on his excuse... She went and talked to my brother,who then said that the police had identified and located the burglars. They had gotten the computer back,along with his homework. So he just handed it and left casually... I think the teacher needed therapy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you be that Gullable omg !!!!! Wish that was my teacher she must realise people take advantages of her Gullable nature haha
Reply 38
Omg looooooooool I'm having a laughing fit right now if I was the teacher I would have let them of for being so creative omg how can people have the guts to say these things !!!!! I would have been in hysterics if I heard someone say that to a teacher and did he show the teacher the picture ?

Different schools and different teachers. In my school there are teachers who we have loads of banter with, we just take the piss out of the teacher and he does the same to us. Happy family <3 No, the teacher didn't bother asking for it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I have the same problem. Some teachers just aren't supposed to shout, so when they do, it's the funniest **** ever. You try so hard to keep it in and almost manage... Until you look across to your friend who's gone purple and is scrunching his face so much, he looks like a raspberry, you then make eye contact, that's when you both burst out laughing.... Happened too many times haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I feel like doing it though like every else it just sitting there with straight faces and it really annoys me how I can't be like them,there was this once instance in year 9 when my science teacher was REALLY REALLY angry with us because the class partially bullied this trainee teacher that we had and made her start crying.....don't ask !,and yeh I felt like laughing so much and I just let out this really massive laugh and the he was like oh do you think this is funny do you....and then like the whole class gave me the look of wtf did you do that for? Omg Ive never felt like such an idiot !

Quick Reply

Latest