The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
Maybe it had a warning at the start, I turned on after it had started. I should probably have got the hint of what was coming up when they started going on about mentally disturbed inmates :rolleyes:

Really not what I needed the day before 2 exams :mad:

I've always found it really bizarre that they often put the warnings at the end of tv programs. Usually something along the lines of if you have been affected by anything in this program please call our support number on 0800 blah blah blah. Not really much use to have it then once the damage/upset has already been caused :s-smilie: The whole closing the stable door after the horse has bolted situation.

Although on iPlayer I notice they've put up a warning about it having upsetting scenes have age locked it to 16 and over. Still that in itself isn't particularly clear as to what the upsetting thing might be. What affects one person wont necessarily impact upon another.
Reply 241
Can't sleep Going to have a shower, hope that does the job. Hope everyone is doing good :smile:
After a whole evening googling (naughty me...) I definitely want to come off mirtazapine. It's not even my main medication. I really can't hack the weight gain it's causing. I don't get to see my psychiatrist until next week though. Might call my CPN tomorrow and ask if I can stop taking it, even though she'll probably say no. :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey hun, long time no speak! Definitely go to the GP and talk to your personal tutor. There's a lot that can be done in terms of exam help but only if you ask for it :hugs:

:jumphug: How have you been? I hope everything is going okay with you? How is the job?

I got an emergency appt today, then she sent me for a same day appt with a counsellor. I broke down and told her how I felt there was no point in me existing anymore and she said nothing. She actually said "so, ok, if you have no reason to live then why are you here? Why don't you make a plan?".

Emailed my department and will be lucky if I get a response. I see no way out of this. I have no one and nothing, there is literally no point. If I disappeared no one would notice. I am a freak, I'm abnormal, I have to get someone who's paid to listen to me to talk to and even they don't care. There is no point, no moving on from this or out of this. I am literally all alone.

I have an exam tomorrow in another language when I can't string together a sentence in my own.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 244
Original post by FuzzySheep
I got an emergency appt today, then she sent me for a same day appt with a counsellor. I broke down and told her how I felt there was no point in me existing anymore and she said nothing. She actually said "so, ok, if you have no reason to live then why are you here? Why don't you make a plan?".

It's completely unethical to say that to a patient. What even the ****? Report her and see someone who actually gives a crap about their job! I just don't. :angry:
Original post by Delain
It's completely unethical to say that to a patient. What even the ****? Report her and see someone who actually gives a crap about their job! I just don't. :angry:

It's my fault. I'm a hopeless case and don't deserve to exist and she picked it up in 30 minutes. If someone paid to talk to and console you says the above then there really is no hope me. She knew I was worthless and wants me gone too.
Reply 246
It's my fault. I'm a hopeless case and don't deserve to exist and she picked it up in 30 minutes. If someone paid to talk to and console you says the above then there really is no hope me. She knew I was worthless and wants me gone too.

It's in NO WAY your fault. She clearly sounds horrible and you have every right to sensitive and proper treatment. Please see someone else, don't give up on yourself because of one nasty, inconsiderate person.
Original post by Delain
It's in NO WAY your fault. She clearly sounds horrible and you have every right to sensitive and proper treatment. Please see someone else, don't give up on yourself because of one nasty, inconsiderate person.

I unfortunately don't get a choice with who I see, I will just get the first person available. This was just a pre-assessment and it could be weeks or months until I'm offered regular sessions anyway. I really am lost case though, trust me. None of this would have happened if I was good.

How are you doing? :hugs:
Reply 248
I unfortunately don't get a choice with who I see, I will just get the first person available. This was just a pre-assessment and it could be weeks or months until I'm offered regular sessions anyway. I really am lost case though, trust me. None of this would have happened if I was good.

How are you doing? :hugs:

I don't agree, I think you are a lovely person and stronger than you give yourself credit for. :hugs: I'm doing okay but I've had a pretty lousy day. Found out my gran is back in hospital and probably doesn't have long left, and my mum will probably be getting the sack from work despite them being the ones who caused her injury in the first place. :mad:
oh hellow insomnia, i thought my zopiclone had got rid of you. wide awake, feeling ill, feeling really out of it, dont think im on the planet :s-smilie:
watching tv to keep me going
Reply 250
Original post by PonchoKid
oh hellow insomnia, i thought my zopiclone had got rid of you. wide awake, feeling ill, feeling really out of it, dont think im on the planet :s-smilie:
watching tv to keep me going

That's the problem with zopiclone in my experience - it works great to start with but you develop a tolerance pretty quickly. :console: If you can, you may have a better chance of sleeping if you turn everything with artificial light off and maybe just listen to an audiobook or something?

Saying that, what I wouldnt give for something to knock me out right now... Its all very well knowing I don't have to keep it together much longer, but that doesnt stop the interim being fairly ****. Still, the relief is still mostly there so just gonna try and appreciate calmness as much as possible and know that its gonna be ok.
Original post by Sultana
That's the problem with zopiclone in my experience - it works great to start with but you develop a tolerance pretty quickly. :console: If you can, you may have a better chance of sleeping if you turn everything with artificial light off and maybe just listen to an audiobook or something?

Saying that, what I wouldnt give for something to knock me out right now... Its all very well knowing I don't have to keep it together much longer, but that doesnt stop the interim being fairly ****. Still, the relief is still mostly there so just gonna try and appreciate calmness as much as possible and know that its gonna be ok.

think everythings just getting to me tonight :s-smilie: convinced i have another mouse in my room, so im scared to sleep anyway, plus not taking zopi has destroyed me, taken it so mcuh the past month that im pretty ruined i think. im not even making sence anymore im sorrry.
Reply 252
Original post by PonchoKid
think everythings just getting to me tonight :s-smilie: convinced i have another mouse in my room, so im scared to sleep anyway, plus not taking zopi has destroyed me, taken it so mcuh the past month that im pretty ruined i think. im not even making sence anymore im sorrry.

Its not great when everything gets on top of you.:hugs: If you wanna talk about anything I'm likely be around for a while - sometimes typing stuff out can help clear you mind a bit.
Try and remember that even if there is a mouse in your room, it isn't an actual threat, though I appreciate that fears aren't exactly rational and dont tend to listen to reason. Maybe you could sleep in the living room if its really stopping you sleep? Something that can be this cute isn't actually something to worry about:

mouse photos but totally adorableness

I've found that using zopiclone for a short period (for me a couple of days max) and then giving it a few weeks means it stays fairly efficient. So maybe giving it a break for a little while might be an idea? I know that doesnt help you tonight though and insomnia is really tough so you have my sympathies.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sultana
Its not great when everything gets on top of you.:hugs: If you wanna talk about anything I'm likely be around for a while - sometimes typing stuff out can help clear you mind a bit.
Try and remember that even if there is a mouse in your room, it isn't an actual threat, though I appreciate that fears aren't exactly rational and dont tend to listen to reason. Maybe you could sleep in the living room if its really stopping you sleep? Something that can be this cute isn't actually something to worry about:

I've found that using zopiclone for a short period (for me a couple of days max) and then giving it a few weeks means it stays fairly efficient. So maybe giving it a break for a little while might be an idea? I know that doesnt help you tonight though and insomnia is really tough so you have my sympathies.

cheers, i dunno, dont even know where to start, just want to start again i think. i dont even understand my own head let alone anyone else trying to understand it...
i know, everyone says that, but it freaks me out, i dont think it helps that somewhere i worked we had mice, as it was a farm, and my boss used to find it funny to throw them at me :cry2: i could sleep here, but a housemate is up about half 6 and she already hates me...
unfortunately cute mouse pictures still scare me :frown:

yeah thats what i used to do, but iv struggled so much recently i just need sleep
Reply 254
Original post by Sultana

Sorry to hijack your conversation with PonchoKid but I was literally just watching Ratatouille and the first picture totally reminds me of the brothers from the movie (although in mouse form) .It's uncanny, one big and one small and one of them eating a strawberry, which happens in the film!!! Haha sorry again :colondollar:, the picture just made me laugh.
(edited 10 years ago)
Took my meds 2hours ago, normally I go to sleep within 30mins of taking them. Today I haven't. Typing reeeeally slow, it's like my fingers belong to someone else. I can barely lift my hands from the desk, feels like they're made of lead, and my wife informs me I'm slurring my words a load too. My mind is moving so slowly. I feel incredibly drugged up - really don't like this, I don't think this can be good for me and I've been doing this every night for years now!! Definitely not good for me. :no:
Reply 257
Sorry to hear that Saber, hope you feel better soon. D:

Just made myself go take a bath, brush my teeth and so on, and I'm staying up in time to call the doctors this morning. I'm going to start getting my life back on track a step at a time.
Reply 258
Yay! My boyfriend woke up feeling sick and in a pissy mood, and I had a nightmare last night so need support. Instead he is rushing to the toilet every hour through the night and snapping at me when he comes back and I ask for a hug.

I'm not being fair on him.

We are having an argument because I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for a long 2+ hour appointment and he says his work will let him come with me, but if he does he won't get paid and he has already missed too many hours cos of my appointments so he will hardly get paid anything. This is really hard for me; for one I worry about money enough as it is so if he doesn't get money I will panic, but if he doesn't come with me and I have to sit in the clinic alone for 2 hours then I will panic too. Can't win.
Reply 259
I feel nothing. Just a deep overwhelming sadness. Don't want to go to Uni, don't want to be alone. Don't want to be awake. No motivation. No point to anything.

Latest