The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.

I think it will be about 62-63 for an A.

I have also uploaded my solutions to the international paper which I thought was quite a bit harder. However I made 2 errors

Original post by kenjina
I think you've made two mistakes:

On question 6D, the value of x2 is 1-k=1-1.5=-0.5

So, x1+x2=1-0.5=0.5

50*0.5=25, which I think is the right answer and not 75.

On question 8C, the final range should be 2.8<x<3, not 0<x<3. I made that same mistake during the exam :frown:

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You reckon boundaries will be higher this year?
Reply 2
Hey Arsey sorry to bother you on the C1 thread but any idea when M1 unofficial markscheme will be going up, cheers :smile:
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.

I officially love u mate.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Think I dropped one mark each on 5b and 6b. Not sure how x > -1/3 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Take that back actually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'd give myself 62+ any method marks, it was ridiculous, my mind just went blank /:
Reply 7
Original post by Arsey

Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
For the phone question I used N as 24 but used the right method in part B how many would I gain out of 7 on that question? Also for the co-ordinates of intersection of L1 and L2 I only got 1 co-ordinate correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What do people reckon grade boundaries are?
Reply 10
Well it went ok, I think I only dropped 5/6 marks depending on what marks are dropped for.
Reply 11
How did people find it compared to past papers?
Reply 12
Original post by zzachjoy
What do people reckon grade boundaries are?

70% might be an A...
Original post by Arsey

For question 6b, did we have to solve the silmutaneous equations by elimination? I did it by substitution and ended up with the same answer, I didn't really consider any other methods since I was a bit stressed I only had about 5 lines to do the working out for part a and b
On the arithmetic sequence question I got the first part right and got 4800 for 21 terms, but stupidly wrote 600x31=1800 and hence ended up with 10800 as the total. How many marks would I lose on this question? Got everything else right though :biggrin:Just really wanted 100 UMS for once.
Reply 15
I think it may be around 62 for an A? Was a pretty nice paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This was a relief! Thank you for putting these up! I think I've just lost marks due to silly mistakes. Ahh. It was a nice paper.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
100 % another walk in the park
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by the A* guy
Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?

How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:
Original post by -bethan-
How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:

yh it was such a silly mistake. I matched all of Arsey's other answers, so this might have cost me the 100UMS :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending