The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Musester
[video="youtube;5g1hs-Cxjno"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5g1hs-Cxjno[/video]

And they said Kagawa was better.

Brilliant video.

My favourite goal was at 9:37 (although Man Utd curler was quality too), and my favourite assist at 7:40. Unfortunately they didn't have the Stoke goal!
Reply 2401
What about Mario Gomez. Not sure if I'd prefer him over Falcao or even Lewandoski considering the seasons they've had, but I'd much rather have him than Cavani.

£50 million for Falcao is too much though-particualry when he's almost 29.

Isn't Falcao's agent (Jorge Mendes) the same as Mourinho's though?

Cavani has had a similar season to those two, cavani has a high release clause so he's out of bounds for me tbh. It's just that cavani seems to have that mario gomez curse that he's **** whenever I watch him but he scores hattricks on highlights.
Reply 2402
If we get lewandowski I wouldn't mind seeing KDB leave(we could get gundogan/matic which is a more important position than squad depth in AM/wings), but that must mean torres is being shown the door which I can't wait to see. If we buy lewandowski, lukaku is on loan and torres is not shown the door I will be raging.
What about Mario Gomez. Not sure if I'd prefer him over Falcao or even Lewandoski considering the seasons they've had, but I'd much rather have him than Cavani.

£50 million for Falcao is too much though-particualry when he's almost 29.

Isn't Falcao's agent (Jorge Mendes) the same as Mourinho's though?

Falcao has only just turned 27...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
If we get lewandowski I wouldn't mind seeing KDB leave(we could get gundogan/matic which is a more important position than squad depth in AM/wings), but that must mean torres is being shown the door which I can't wait to see. If we buy lewandowski, lukaku is on loan and torres is not shown the door I will be raging.

Lol. Youre mad if you think Dortmund would let Gundogan go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2405
Original post by CB91
Lol. Youre mad if you think Dortmund would let Gundogan go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we'll get him, just saying he's the type of player we should be getting next season. Matic, moutinho, alonso(if he doesn't sign a deal) and you'll probably find some more people who fit the role here and there as luiz isn't enough for that role we can't have one person who can do that, we could use chalobah there too next season unless watford come up to the prem. There are other viable and personally better targets than gundogan.
Original post by Nickini
Of course, although we seem to love making bizarre decisions. If we bring him back he's got to be above Ba and Torres in the pecking order, no question about that.

Oh, okay. I thought you were disagreeing. I'd rather give Lukaku a full year than buy Falcao.
Reply 2407
Original post by KingMessi
Oh, okay. I thought you were disagreeing. I'd rather give Lukaku a full year than buy Falcao.
Yeah I worded it funny :tongue: I agree with you, Falcao is an excellent player but we all know what happened last time we spent £50million on one player... Although with Arsenal, City and United all looking to strengthen in the summer, I think Lukaku might fall a bit short next season if we do actually want to win the league. Hence why I'd like to see us go for Lewandowski/Gomez, loaning Lukaku out again unless we can get rid of Torres or Ba, in which case Lukaku would be our second choice behind Lewandowski/Gomez to be used as much as possible. WAGNH are talking about Lukaku going on loan to Swansea which was a rumour that surfaced a few months ago, but quietened down pretty quickly.

Slightly off topic, but a former Santos official reckons Neymar to Bayern is a done deal: http://www.vicentecascione.com.br/blog/PostTexto.aspx?idPost=173#.UZIdErVtjnh

Bayern's team if this is true... :coma:
Original post by jam277
I don't think we'll get him, just saying he's the type of player we should be getting next season. Matic, moutinho, alonso(if he doesn't sign a deal) and you'll probably find some more people who fit the role here and there as luiz isn't enough for that role we can't have one person who can do that, we could use chalobah there too next season unless watford come up to the prem. There are other viable and personally better targets than gundogan.

I dont think Alonso would move to Chelsea tbh. Could defo see Moutinho whilst KdB develops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what do we do regarding attacking mids? We're in need of players to rotate the attacking 3. Even if we do get KDB should we consider selling Marin? Who else should we sign?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2410
Original post by CB91
Falcao has only just turned 27...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for picking up on a point that already been discussed about 18 hours earlier.
Reply 2411
Original post by The Assassin
So what do we do regarding attacking mids? We're in need of players to rotate the attacking 3. Even if we do get KDB should we consider selling Marin? Who else should we sign?

Marin should gtfo with benayoun and torres. Look at bayern, their weakest attacking mid/winger is xherdan shaqiri.
Rooney signing doesn't make sense could just end up like kaka did tbh.
Although tbh we got marin for 8 million we won't get any more than that so he can stay and play with the reserves unless he finds anything reminiscent of form.
Original post by The Assassin

I think we're getting Schurrle. Him and KDB for next season will be more than enough depth for the attacking mid.

Or if we end up getting Rooney he'll probably play behind the striker to accommodate the other strikers, meaning Hazard and Mata out wide.
Reply 2413
Original post by Isometrix
I think we're getting Schurrle. Him and KDB for next season will be more than enough depth for the attacking mid.

Or if we end up getting Rooney he'll probably play behind the striker to accommodate the other strikers, meaning Hazard and Mata out wide.

If we add up all the potential transfers that we've spoken about in the last few pages, a team like this could develop:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Luiz

Mata - Rooney - Hazard

Lukaku

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Schurrle, KdB, Ba, Oscar

That bench already looks better attack wise than what we've had at times this season. Really really hope Mourinho or whoever comes in and uses KdB next season, really want to see him play.
Original post by iRush
If we add up all the potential transfers that we've spoken about in the last few pages, a team like this could develop:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Luiz

Mata - Rooney - Hazard

Lukaku

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Schurrle, KdB, Ba, Oscar

That bench already looks better attack wise than what we've had at times this season. Really really hope Mourinho or whoever comes in and uses KdB next season, really want to see him play.

That's a quality team if they all clicked.
Reply 2415
Original post by Isometrix
That's a quality team if they all clicked.

Quite so. Could challenge for the title, can see Mourinho doing well with a team like that, although he'll either make Luiz very disciplined or buy in a defensive midfielder or use Mikel again.
Okay, we'll need to win against Everton now which will obviously be difficult... because Arsenal could easily beat us on goal difference.
Reply 2418
Our goal difference is better by one. We only need a draw minumum.
But if we get a draw, and Arsenal win by 2 more goals than Newcastle (which is entirely possible) then we'll be 4th.

Latest