The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
60/75 if I get no method marks FUG.
I think I've done well on that, although I am doing C4 so I should probably be good at it...
Full marks hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Arsey,

Will it help to practise Solomons?
Reply 24
when do they publish the grade boundaries....and any suggestions on what they will be for this paper
Reply 25
any ideas for 90 ums???
This paper looks very similar to Jan 2011!
that phone question was some stupid ass question. did S20 instead of S21 and did 32x600 instead of 31x600 -.- at least I'll get the method marks!
Original post by tka1
when do they publish the grade boundaries....and any suggestions on what they will be for this paper

The day before results day, so 14th August I believe, I think the boundaries will be quite high since it was hardly a 'tug at your brain' exam

Original post by Joerod
Arsey,

Will it help to practise Solomons?

Definately, solomons tend to be harder than the real things, so if you grasp solomons, then the real ones aren't mucfh of a problem
I made sooo many silly mistakes :frown: kicking myself in the face right now!

For question 7a, I managed to get a value of 16 for N somehow, and then I went on to use that in the second part, but I did all the correct workings, how many marks would I get for that?

And how 11b, again I did all the correct working out, however for some stupid reason I substituted in the x co-ordinate from part a) of the question, any ideas how many marks for that as well?
Reply 30
I lost 1 mark... BECAUSE I DIDN'T ****ING PUT +C **** MY LIFE!!! there goes my 100 ums :'(
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Yes I can't see anything I did wrong in this paper, if things in C2 go well I should be able to average out to an A with M1.
Original post by Tdarnell
I lost 1 mark... BECAUSE I DIDN'T F***ING PUT +C F*** MY LIFE!!! there goes my 100 ums :'(

Hi I have good news for you, normally in c1 it is 73/75 for 100UMS, so if you are correct in saying that you only lost 1 mark, you did get 100UMS
Reply 33
Hi everyone !

Just wanted to ask how many marks will I lose if I found the gradient wrong in question 6, but substitution and working was all fine, just with the wrong numbers. The same actually in part b ( intersections)
Reply 34
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
This paper looks very similar to Jan 2011!

I agree. They're very similar. Think the boundaries will be similar. 62 for A maybe?
On question 10B I did (8k)^2=8k^2 which is obviously wrong and I'm kicking myself now because it's such a basic error, so my value for k worked out as 1/4 which I used in part C to eventually (using the quadratic equation and a whole side of A4) get Y= -1+-root3. would I get method marks? how many marks would I loose altogether for this? Thank you in advance for a reply!
Some of you need to chill, generally in C1 you think you make mistakes, but end up with a good grade!

I thought the same thing just after the Jan 11 C1 with my classmates, but I got a very strong result. Just worry about your next exams.

lol @ the guy stressing about the 1 mark (+ C)
Reply 37
Boundaries WILL BE HIGH. Their highest ever, I've heard. My teachers all reckon these are accurate:

75 - 100 UMS
72 - 90 UMS
69 - A
65 - B

Michael Gove is taking it into his own hands to punish the invalids. What a hero.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Assfgjkl mucked up the last question due to silly mistakes, I even checked it as well :facepalm:
But got everything else right so lets hope I don't drop too many marks there.
Reply 39
Okay...I think I've done pretty well...possibly 100ums...i think... :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending