The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
It definitely did and I only think I dropped 3-4 marks depending on how many method marks they award me, which I get around the same with this special consideration so I'm hoping its enough for 100! But if not then it'll be 98-99 I assume

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see 98-99's still good! Don't worry too much about M1, M2's more important as that's the one that count's for the A*!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Oh I see 98-99's still good! Don't worry too much about M1, M2's more important as that's the one that count's for the A*!

Indeed and once I've nailed the work energy principle then I think I'll have gotten that exam to the almost 100% standard! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed and once I've nailed the work energy principle then I think I'll have gotten that exam to the almost 100% standard! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I've started to get a bit nervous with how hard everyone said M1 was, imagining what M2 could be like :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Although I've started to get a bit nervous with how hard everyone said M1 was, imaging what M2 could be like :redface:

It can only be a good thing if you have a strong understanding of the content.

If you understand everything thoroughly, you should still be able to solve the more difficult questions, while a good number of others won't be able to. Meaning lower grade boundaries, so you'd have a better chance of doing well :colone:
Reply 564
THRILLED with the C1 answers. :biggrin:
Although I've started to get a bit nervous with how hard everyone said M1 was, imaging what M2 could be like :redface:

Just learn everything in the book to have a good understanding of the content to be able to answer the more challenging questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 566
For S1, would somebody be able to explain to me when I should find the area of histograms? I hate histograms. :redface:
Original post by justinawe
It can only be a good thing if you have a strong understanding of the content.

If you understand everything thoroughly, you should still be able to solve the more difficult questions, while a good number of others won't be able to. Meaning lower grade boundaries, so you'd have a better chance of doing well :colone:

Just learn everything in the book to have a good understanding of the content to be able to answer the more challenging questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I'm fine with the content and everything and I've been scoring high on papers but it's just the way that so many people went in confident into yesterdays exam and didn't come out the same, is slightly off-putting. But meh it's not till next month :tongue:
I can't post method as haven't got the question in front of me, but the mass was 25kg and the COM from A was 6m

Then the second part I got AX is 7.5 metres, these could be wrong but I doubt it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the last step I messed up and divided 250 by 12 instead of 10 to get the mass as 25Kg do you think I will lose a lot of marks as I did everything else right:frown:
Help me ? :frown:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368523700.580572.jpg

And this ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368523727.857255.jpg

And this ? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368523758.913696.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MAyman12
At the last step I messed up and divided 250 by 12 instead of 10 to get the mass as 25Kg do you think I will lose a lot of marks as I did everything else right:frown:

Maybe just 1-2 for the accuracy marks that are lost, however I think it may carry on for the next parts :-/ if you didn't get the correct mass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well here's all my hope for you, although I unfortunately thought of it being quite straightforward in the exam but then got told otherwise by everyone else in my class, just got to hope everyone found it that hard for you sake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually can't believe that I did the stupidest mistakes in that exam. First in the moments question, I only think it's hard because I've never did anything like it before, but I'm quite happy that I got it all right except the final answer because of a lousy mistake. And the question about the woman in the lift I didn't substitute (-2) in the equation, instead I substituted (2) I hope I could get a few marks at least.
Maybe just 1-2 for the accuracy marks that are lost, however I think it may carry on for the next parts :-/ if you didn't get the correct mass

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know:frown: But I did use the correct method too in second part, standard moments question:redface:
Original post by krishkmistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 574
hey anyone done AQA MPC2 13th May 2013?

What will be the grade boundaries?

I am so worried I have lost 10 marks+. I think this paper was harder than the June 2012 paper. We did that paper as a mock and I got 74/75 but when I did this exam, I was screwed properly on the sequence Un+1 question and the translation question.
Reply 575
Can someone help me ? I Have the CASIO fx-991ES PLUS calculator and just wanted to check whether it was allowed in OCR Core 2 exams?
Thanks
I feel like commiting suicide i found m1 hard but c1 easy only to find out i missed q 11 so lost 11 marks on top of d 3-4 i lost on othrs so now i need perfect grades on c2-4 and s1 to get a* or a such a sad day for me i messed up on easiest ppr c1 :frown:((( i cnt do a resit as i need d grades dis yr this is guna b soooo hard FMLLLL
Original post by bardsleyp
Can someone help me ? I Have the CASIO fx-991ES PLUS calculator and just wanted to check whether it was allowed in OCR Core 2 exams?
Thanks

Yes, it is.
Reply 578
I found the Core 1 exam REALLY hard!! but the core 2 was a little easier.. im worried about my core 1 :frown:
Original post by krishkmistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that C2? :O

Latest

Trending

Trending