The Student Room Group

Talking to cute guy on uni's library

This may sound ridiculously childish, it probably is, but I just don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy because the term is going to be over soon and who knows if i'll ever see him again (different schedules).

Basically every Monday I go to to study to the library and there he is, this overly cute guy, just meters away from me. The first time I saw him there I obviously couldn't keep my eyes off him, and he must have noticed because he looked at me from time to time. However we haven't spoken a single word to each other, probably because he seems so shy!

This has been going on like this for weeks, and I am 98% sure that he has noticed something going on. Every time he stands up to pick a book I look at him and he sometimes looks back at me, and i'm like, what the heck is going on in his mind!?

I don't know his name, I don't know what he's studying (probably chemistry), basically I know nothing about him..

I've been trying to figure out what to say to him, and all I could think of was giving him a note with my phone number HAHA that's so lame.

Any ideas? What do I do??
Cute guy, how do I approach you??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Say hi!
"How's revision going? :smile:"

And take it from there :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Silent Witness

And take it from there :biggrin:

^^ This
Reply 4
Original post by Silent Witness

Who the hell says that to a stranger? Outside of wonderland I mean.
Reply 5
You shouldn't say anything.

You should pull him to one of the social areas of the library where talking is allowed, and then say hi.

Libraries have rules you know. :tongue:
Reply 6
Ask how revision is going. Libraries are a great place to meet people.
You should say "ooh, you can take me out without incurring late-charges".

(On no account should you say this)
Original post by zeropoint
You shouldn't say anything.

You should pull him to one of the social areas of the library where talking is allowed, and then say hi.

Libraries have rules you know. :tongue:

What kind of strict library do you have? We have "silent study" spaces, but the majority of the library is where you can talk
You might say "if you're looking for something gripping at bedtime, well you've found it"

(I beg you don't, mind)
Reply 10
Say "Dats my book!"

Then, he'll apologize, and you say "that's ok"

/end icebreaker :rolleyes:
Original post by cambio wechsel

haha this a good one!
Reply 12

You might say "if you're looking for something gripping at bedtime, well you've found it"

(I beg you don't, mind)

'Please rate some other members before rating this member again' :frown:
Do you where..... is/ do you know if they have this...

asking a question is a two in one, makes you seem friendly and also makes the guy feel smart. If he doesn't talk to after that you know hes probably not interested.
Reply 14
Just flash your sweetest smile! Works like a charm :wink:

Keyword being 'SMILE!'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Leave him a note on his desk when he takes a toilet break? Childish but cute.
Sit opposite him. Not directly opposite but enough to be in his field of vision. Throw a few fake yawns in every now and then. If he yawns back, you know he's checking you out too.
Reply 17

You're a hero.
Reply 18
Life's too short not to try something. It doesn't have to show that you like him. Just a friendly hi and and smile, or say something chatty as you pass him by.
I've seen so many people in libraries that I've found attractive, more than pubs and clubs actually! I guess it's that vibe of intelligence or summink :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)

(I beg you don't, mind)

Absolute quality! :rofl:

OP unless you're really brave and flirty I wouldn't suggest trying these...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending