The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else get 2/3 for the graph calculation?
And also battery farming and free range farming is factory farming right?
Reply 861
Original post by samelcock
For the blood vessel on the heart, it was the coronary artery, you wouldn't get a mark for pulmonary artery.
formthe tadpole one, the one after three days has more cells, therefore there's more respiration taking place, and therefore more oxygen needs to be absorbed from the water and more co2 needs to be expelled, and the large surface area of the things allow this to occur at a faster rate.
For the last question, the first one was lower in the hepatic vein as some of the glucose is converted to glycogen in the liver and then stored there, thus lowering the concentration leaving the liver
6 hours after, less glucose is being absorbed from the intestine but the body still needs glucose so the the pancreas releases glucagon which coverts the stored glycogen in the liver into glucose, thus meaning that the blood leaving the liver in the hepatic vein is higher in glucose than it was entering.

The first one you mentioned, we were talking in relation to the structure of the lung question not the coronary bypass questions
Reply 862
Original post by rbh
Thought this was a huge coincidence, as the same happened to me. Then I looked on your profile :P Hey Ben.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah, do you go to my school? Who are you? LOL.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 863
Original post by samelcock
For the blood vessel on the heart, it was the coronary artery, you wouldn't get a mark for pulmonary artery.
formthe tadpole one, the one after three days has more cells, therefore there's more respiration taking place, and therefore more oxygen needs to be absorbed from the water and more co2 needs to be expelled, and the large surface area of the things allow this to occur at a faster rate.
For the last question, the first one was lower in the hepatic vein as some of the glucose is converted to glycogen in the liver and then stored there, thus lowering the concentration leaving the liver
6 hours after, less glucose is being absorbed from the intestine but the body still needs glucose so the the pancreas releases glucagon which coverts the stored glycogen in the liver into glucose, thus meaning that the blood leaving the liver in the hepatic vein is higher in glucose than it was entering.

I spelled cornory instead coronary. Would I get the mark?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 864
Original post by Minecraft27

Yes, however I don't know whether they would accept 2/3 as it is a fraction. If you wrote 0.6, that is two marks :smile:
Reply 865
Original post by tohaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not entirely sure, however I would probably say no purely because it was one mark for a simple name the part :s-smilie:
I though this unit exam was a lot harder then the other 2. What's your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 867
Original post by MightyJoeD
I though this unit exam was a lot harder then the other 2. What's your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't find it that hard, but I would say that it would be hard to hit marks in certain questions, eg. the tadpole one was a bit random xD
Reply 868
Original post by Minecraft27
Thought factory farming was just battery...
Reply 869
Original post by ABC05

Yeah same. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ABC05

What is the actual difference? The points I made were about cages & heating.
Reply 871
Original post by NightStrider

Battery farming is intensive (factory) farming.
Yeah, that's what I put too. ETA: Sorry, that's probably wrong lol hence the neg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 872
Original post by BI0
Woah, do you go to my school? Who are you? LOL.

Ill put it this way - I beat you in the Electronics exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 873
Original post by NightStrider

Original post by ABC05
Battery farming is intensive (factory) farming.
Yeah, that's what I put too.

Original post by ABC05

For the 6 marker:

- Intensive farming methods (little movement and heated) M1
- Advantages and disadvantages (unethical, miserable lives, disease spread etc VS cheaper meat production, faster) M2
- Free range or alternate meat production eg growing meat from tissue culture (lots of movement, longer lives) M1
- Advantages and disadvantages (morally and ethically right, nicer lives, better quality meat etc VS more expensive, takes longer, doesn't aid the world food shortage) M2
- Conclusion (which is best? why?) M1 (one mark may be awarded for the conclusion is another mark is missed elsewhere, if full marks are gained in all other sections, the conclusion is purely to round off the answer and prove grammatical eloquence)
Reply 874
Okay anyone no the answer for the marathon runner?
Original post by tohaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least you wrote something similar, I just wrote artery the CGP book i revised from does not mention Coronary artery anywhere, so I just wrote artery.
Reply 876
Original post by jamiepman
Okay anyone no the answer for the marathon runner?

The humidity affects the rate of evaporation due to the differences in water molecule concentration on the skin and in the air. When it is dry, there is a greater difference in concentration gradients (higher) so that the water can evaporate more efficiently which uses the excess heat on the skin, this heat is lost due to the evaporation- which keeps his body temperature constant. Conversely, when it is humid, the concentration gradient is less which lessens his body's ability to cool down as the water does not evaporate as quickly making him overheat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 877
Original post by DanTheMan358
Well at least you wrote something similar, I just wrote artery the CGP book i revised from does not mention Coronary artery anywhere, so I just wrote artery.

Ditto this, didn't say anything about coronary arteries in CGP! Just put artery.
Original post by grammar12
For the 6 marker:

- Intensive farming methods (little movement and heated) M1
- Advantages and disadvantages (unethical, miserable lives, disease spread etc VS cheaper meat production, faster) M2
- Free range or alternate meat production eg growing meat from tissue culture (lots of movement, longer lives) M1
- Advantages and disadvantages (morally and ethically right, nicer lives, better quality meat etc VS more expensive, takes longer, doesn't aid the world food shortage) M2
- Conclusion (which is best? why?) M1 (one mark may be awarded for the conclusion is another mark is missed elsewhere, if full marks are gained in all other sections, the conclusion is purely to round off the answer and prove grammatical eloquence)

It was not an evaluation question? Just state methods used and give pros/cons. So conclusion was not needed, unless I misread something.
Original post by ABC05
Ditto this, didn't say anything about coronary arteries in CGP! Just put artery.

I hope that they say allow artery because i'm pretty sure the CGP book follows the specification. If not I don't really care it's only 1 mark and I only need a B.

Latest

Trending

Trending