The Student Room Group

Problems with male flatmates

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately, there's no laws against being a dick, so I guess you'll have to put up with it for the time being. I'd imagine any complaint of bullying to the university authorities would be a little tenuous and likely only exacerbate the problem.

I presume you'll be moving out of halls next year, so the best you can do for now is remind yourself that you only have to live with these guys for another 5 weeks maximum, then you can move out and rediscover that not all guys are that obnoxious.
Reply 21
Original post by Ace Ten
omg why i negged for this?!

Not that it was me, but don't you think that's ironic?
Just dont clean up, its as simple as that. If they dont wash up their dishes, then you leave yours. I know its a stupid thing, but they will soon get the message.
If all else fails, then make 'Who runs the world' your ringtone.
Wow, sounds like their social ideas are very much taken from the past. Ignore them or move out as soon as possible.
Reply 24
Original post by RVNmax
Not that it was me, but don't you think that's ironic?

I didn't neg your post either.
Original post by Anonymous
I live in a block of around 30 people however, I cannot take living with the boys anymore. It isn't the fact they basically steal everything from out kitchen its because of their lack of respect for women.

One boy acts like it is his god given right that a women should clean up after him. Often making food in the kitchen and declaring he doesn't have to clean up it is our (the girls) job. Another boy stated he only had respect for a girl as it was his friend's girlfriend. :angry:.

I know people have different views but that is beyond a joke. The same boy also stated he would hit a girl if they disrespected him. He demands so much respect but demonstrates so little to women.

I am finding it really difficult to comprehend and to live with.

Any advice?

p.s I apologise for my rant:smile:

The evolution of college dormitories: 1. No dorm for women at first, because women didn't study at uni; 2. women's dorm about 20 miles away from the men's, because that's how society was; 3. women's dorm = men's dorm.
Conclusion: You should count yourself lucky that you're in uni at all; your grandma probably had no such chance.
Reply 26
Why arent you cooking dinner for them then?
Problem solved
To a complaints service you go. Seriously, speak to your warden, or block manager, or whoever the Hell is meant to be running the place.

Consistent sexist remarks are just disgusting.
Reply 28
Just roll your eyes at them and let them know what you think of their childish attitude.
Reply 29
Original post by squeakysquirrel

Referring to the size of their genitals is a pointless and childish exercise.

I'm not saying it's mature, but it could be more likely to get them to think about what they're doing than if the OP asked them politely. Also they'd be less likely to make her feel bad for bringing the washing up issue to their attention. They care about their genitals more than they care about the dishes.
Reply 30
Original post by Ace Ten
I didn't neg your post either.

Great! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending