The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
There was a lot of confusion as to whether factory farming covered organic and whether we were meant to talk about organic in addition.

I just wrote adv/disadv on both, oh well.
Reply 881
Original post by DanTheMan358
It was not an evaluation question? Just state methods used and give pros/cons. So conclusion was not needed, unless I misread something.

The conclusion was not necessarily needed. However, that being said, the 6 mark english questions most of the other science exams say that to gain the full marks that a conclusion or summary is needed in some form, but that may not be the case here but I did it to be safe :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by obdreno
F*cking tadpoles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn right, I talked about Surface areas and how it helped efficient gas exchange for respiration.

I also talked about how the tail could be used to lose heat - is this wrong? HELP
Original post by sarcasmrules
I said how the concentration gradient became shallower.

Yeah, sames, the concentration gradient became less significant so less water was able to transpire form the plant.
Reply 884
Original post by rbh
Ill put it this way - I beat you in the Electronics exam.

Well this is awkward.

Original post by jamiepman
Okay anyone no the answer for the marathon runner?

Yeah, humid conditions mean reduced rate of evaporation - so sweat evaporates less easily, meaning there is less heat loss. Used about half the space for that and I didn't think I wrote enough.
can someone please make an unofficial mark scheme?:smile:
Original post by DanTheMan358
I hope that they say allow artery because i'm pretty sure the CGP book follows the specification. If not I don't really care it's only 1 mark and I only need a B.

Actually..the cgp does mention the coronary artery. It's on the circulation aids page, in the section about stents.
Reply 887
Today I got ****ed over by a tadpole.

I'd been using the CGP books for each exam before finding out they didn't cover everything, bit stupid of me I know but I guess now I know for the Unit 3s.

The Youtube GCSE revision videos that myGCSEscience puts up are a lifesaver though. Thoroughly recommended.
Reply 888
Original post by you-only-live-once
can someone please make an unofficial mark scheme?:smile:

It is currently under production, hopefully it should be finished by next week (Myself and a number of teachers are working on it)
Original post by grammar12
The conclusion was not necessarily needed. However, that being said, the 6 mark english questions most of the other science exams say that to gain the full marks that a conclusion or summary is needed in some form, but that may not be the case here but I did it to be safe :smile:

Yeh I wish I wrote one too in order to be safe. BUT, I am pretty sure conclusions are only relevant for "evaluate" questions as you are comparing methods and then giving your overall view.
Reply 890
That was such a ..urghhh paper.

How did you guys find it ?

btw 320/400 is an A right and 360/400 an A* ?
Reply 891
HARD lol, the 6 marks was ok I guess, but the tadpole one was confusing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I second the MyScienceGCSE
Videos, his last 5-6 videos all came up in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
Very easy, perfect for me :smile:
Original post by grammar12
It is currently under production, hopefully it should be finished by next week (Myself and a number of teachers are working on it)

Thank you very much :smile:

I reckon the grade boundaries will be pretty high though.

More than likely plus 50 for A*
Reply 895
Original post by PriyaPaul
That was such a ..urghhh paper.

How did you guys find it ?

btw 320/400 is an A right and 360/400 an A* ?

Yup. So tbh, grade boundaries really don't matter for modules, it's the mark that matters.
Anyone sit b2 today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 897
The 6 mark factory farming was ideal :biggrin:
Reply 898
What did everyone out for another substance the tadpole exchanged with water?
I thought the tadpole had mitochondria on the outside to make gas exchange for efficient, as it needs more energy from respiration as it grows bigger?!

Latest

Trending

Trending