The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adi19956
You're aware that the 80 UMS grade boundary in June '09 was 55/75 right?
I think this feels like a 59 - 61/75 for an A. I also don't think I made the cut. Hopefully C1 and C2 can bring me back over the line though.

Yes, that's because the June 09' paper had hard questions throughout the paper one after another non-stop. Apart from the Moments and maybe SUVAT/Speed-time graph question the rest of this paper was relatively straightforward given that someone had gone through all the papers and solomon's.
Reply 141
for the last question, i got A right. but for B i stupidly got the tension wrong. so when i did C i used that tension but i did the right method. how many marks would i get for last question.
Reply 142
question 7c ii) I got 10/11 - i think i used a wrong method but it still kind've worked when i put it back in.... will i get any marks ?
Original post by qwertyuiopg
Yep I did the same one!! Do you remember any answers?? I found it difficult (mainly time pressure though).

Ahh not exactly. I have a feeling all my answers are wrong :frown: that's why I've been looking for a markscheme but everyone seems to be only talking about the paper that Arsey put up.

I think for question 2 the tensions were 7.something and 8.something and according to some people the R for question 7 was 1700(or something close).

I found the first question. I don't know why I couldn't get the answer, I tried double checking with the total momentum equation but it didn't work so I know I'm definitely wrong there. Think one of the speeds for the particles in question 1 was -2m/s

And the mass, again according to some people, was 20.something? :confused:
Reply 144
Original post by MAyman12
I'm an international student and haven't done the paper you're talking about:confused:

So that's how we're stopped to cheat... in the past after every exam, everyone had to go into isolation where we couldn't have phones, computers, etc... This year they tell us, there is still isolation, except for maths and sciences....
I'm like: Wha???

If the papers are different across different time zones, then it makes sense.
Original post by leafy9
I'm considering starting a new thread for M1 international students. Though does anyone remember any questions to get us started off?

I remember the one with the tensions in the strings. I think the weight was 8 and the angles were 25 and 35. Also the one with the ball being thrown one from 50m at 2ms^-1 and one from ground at 20ms^-1 and we needed to find the time when they're the same height.

That's about all I remember :/
Reply 146
This was a horrid paper for me , went completely balls up ! Messed up the moments completely ! Messed up the parallel vector part , messed up the reaction of the lift on the lady !!!! IM DOOMED
Reply 147
http://www.youtube.com/user/maths247/videos?sort=dd&tag_id=&view=0
check your answers here for M1 edexcel,
I am getting around 68 cuz I just messed up the motorcyclist bit :/
Reply 148
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yes, that's because the June 09' paper had hard questions throughout the paper one after another non-stop. Apart from the Moments and maybe SUVAT/Speed-time graph question the rest of this paper was relatively straightforward given that someone had gone through all the papers and solomon's.

SUVAT was my downfall, Where do you reckon 90ums will be ? I think I got 64/65 out of 75
Reply 149
Does anyone know how many follow through marks would be awarded for question 6 if I got m as 30 instead of 25 and therefore a wrong distance and used these throughout the question with a right method?
Reply 150
Original post by lmcnally5
Does anyone know how many follow through marks would be awarded for question 6 if I got m as 30 instead of 25 and therefore a wrong distance and used these throughout the question with a right method?

You may get ECF (error carried forward), unless there is a DM1 (decision mark 1) on the paper depending on your answer. ECF probably will only get you 1 or 2 more marks though
Reply 151
Made one ridiculous mistake, for question 7a I calculated the velocity as (1i-0j), irrespective of this wrong answer I calculated the speed as one normally does (square both the i component and j component add them and take the square root) How many marks will i drop?
Reply 152
Thank you so so much, reckon I got about 87% which is enough for me!! x
Reply 153
Original post by vgautam
Made one ridiculous mistake, for question 7a I calculated the velocity as (1i-0j), irrespective of this wrong answer I calculated the speed as one normally does (square both the i component and j component add them and take the square root) How many marks will i drop?

Lose A1 so 1 mark
Reply 154
Original post by qwertyuiopg
I remember the one with the tensions in the strings. I think the weight was 8 and the angles were 25 and 35. Also the one with the ball being thrown one from 50m at 2ms^-1 and one from ground at 20ms^-1 and we needed to find the time when they're the same height.

That's about all I remember :/

The tension one I got something like 7.6N and 8.4N. Not sure which one for which.
The one with the two balls, I got about 2.8s and about 17.2 m

You remember what you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Original post by Jagriti
http://www.youtube.com/user/maths247/videos?sort=dd&tag_id=&view=0
check your answers here for M1 edexcel,
I am getting around 68 cuz I just messed up the motorcyclist bit :/

I got the whole playlist link..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rupLRHy2F7g&list=PLS8c-8fhVcdEPmrPsoKBX5q_Xwol7cPve
Reply 156
Original post by Robbie242
Lose A1 so 1 mark

So out of three I should get 2?
Reply 157
Original post by vgautam
So out of three I should get 2?

Yup :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by kaash6296
bruv if im right bearing was 225...coz 45 would be upwards

It's not a bearing, it's in a completley different plane to north/south
Reply 159
Original post by Robbie242
SUVAT was my downfall, Where do you reckon 90ums will be ? I think I got 64/65 out of 75

90ums is generally 69 or 70/75

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending