The Student Room Group

Talking to cute guy on uni's library

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Talk to him... Seems pretty simple really. He's obviously too shy to initiate.
A a shy guy, make the first move for once. Please!
Reply 22
Just say hi.
The guy is most likely shy so you could try making the first move.
Next time you see him, just say hi, give him a friendly smile and try to strike up a conversation.
Original post by Anonymous

I don't know his name, I don't know what he's studying (probably chemistry), basically I know nothing about him..

You: Is it chemistry?
Him: Yes, it is.
You: Yeah, I'm feeling it too.
This may sound ridiculously childish, it probably is, but I just don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy because the term is going to be over soon and who knows if i'll ever see him again (different schedules).

Basically every Monday I go to to study to the library and there he is, this overly cute guy, just meters away from me. The first time I saw him there I obviously couldn't keep my eyes off him, and he must have noticed because he looked at me from time to time. However we haven't spoken a single word to each other, probably because he seems so shy!

This has been going on like this for weeks, and I am 98% sure that he has noticed something going on. Every time he stands up to pick a book I look at him and he sometimes looks back at me, and i'm like, what the heck is going on in his mind!?

I don't know his name, I don't know what he's studying (probably chemistry), basically I know nothing about him..

I've been trying to figure out what to say to him, and all I could think of was giving him a note with my phone number HAHA that's so lame.

Any ideas? What do I do??
Cute guy, how do I approach you??

LOL, this is funny, ur awkwardness is hilarious
Reply 26
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Wink. Say hi. Give him a definite sign you're interested. You ain't got nothin' to lose.
Reply 28
Cute guy, how do I approach you??

It seems like you're overthinking it a little - keep it simple, just smile at him and say hi. Ask him how his work his going, take it from there.

Good luck :awesome:

Original post by cambio wechsel
You should say "ooh, you can take me out without incurring late-charges".

(On no account should you say this)

Original post by cambio wechsel
You might say "if you're looking for something gripping at bedtime, well you've found it"

(I beg you don't, mind)

:lol: :lol:
Spill your cola on him. That's bound to get his attention.
Just say something to him or leave him a message when he goes to get a book. If you do nothing, you'll regret it if you don't see him again and if you do say something and nothing happens at least you've tried and it's nearly end of term anyway so it won't be awkward :smile:
This may sound ridiculously childish, it probably is, but I just don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy because the term is going to be over soon and who knows if i'll ever see him again (different schedules).Basically every Monday I go to to study to the library and there he is, this overly cute guy, just meters away from me. The first time I saw him there I obviously couldn't keep my eyes off him, and he must have noticed because he looked at me from time to time. However we haven't spoken a single word to each other, probably because he seems so shy!This has been going on like this for weeks, and I am 98% sure that he has noticed something going on. Every time he stands up to pick a book I look at him and he sometimes looks back at me, and i'm like, what the heck is going on in his mind!?I don't know his name, I don't know what he's studying (probably chemistry), basically I know nothing about him..I've been trying to figure out what to say to him, and all I could think of was giving him a note with my phone number HAHA that's so lame.Any ideas? What do I do??Cute guy, how do I approach you??
If im in a library, STFU
Reply 32
Act really nice to him, get to know him, then **** HIM OVER
Original post by tomgidlow

Who hurt you?

The bitterness is strong in this one.
Reply 35
Original post by Yawn11
Who the hell says that to a stranger? Outside of wonderland I mean.

For people who don't often post on TSR, it is occasionally acceptable to talk to strangers.
Reply 36
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
The bitterness is strong in this one.

You know how it is, nah mean
Work into a conversation with him. Ask him if he has a spare pen or something really trivial (I wouldn't go up to him and start asking how or what he's doing straight away, I'd find that a bit odd if someone did it to me. I'd probably start panicking that I know them but can't remember who they are).
If that goes well and you get a good feeling, ask him what he's studying, how his revision is going etc. If he likes you and is just shy, he'll jump at the chance to get to know you.
The worst than can happen is he says no and you move on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Short skirt, no pants, bend over near him. Boom.

Naw, but seriously. This doesn't need to be some meticulous plan. Just approach him and ask him out, it's nearly the end of the year so even if he turns you down who cares? It's not like he's even in any of your classes.
You know how it is, nah mean

No, I don't :rolleyes: most women aren't out to hurt you, you little special snowflake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending