The Student Room Group

POST-MORTEM: AQA Additional Science Biology B2 (May 2013)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elle1997
I don't think I read the 6 marker correctly, can any one remember it?!?!
(I thought i did it fine, but now i can't remember) :colondollar:

Cant remeber it exactly but you had to explain the digestion of fat molecules. Write where the enzymes where produced, write the enzymes names and write the product
Reply 41
Original post by dannywelbeck123
Cant remeber it exactly but you had to explain the digestion of fat molecules. Write where the enzymes where produced, write the enzymes names and write the product

if you skip back to page 1, I wrote my answer down for the 6 marker (:
I don't think I read the 6 marker correctly, can any one remember it?!?!
(I thought i did it fine, but now i can't remember) :colondollar:

It was to do with enzymes and the digestive system - you had to say which enzymes are produced where, what they break down and what the product is. The question also said to name any other chemicals e.g. bile that were used in the process. :smile:
M8 do you even lift?

m8 do you even wipe?
Reply 44
How many marks was the diffusion question?
Reply 45
How many marks was the diffusion question?

2 marks... I'm guessing 1 for saying the spreading out of particles and 1 for saying from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentraion
Reply 46
There was how many chromoses in the plants or something? on question 8, 3rd last question what did you two put for specias a and B?
Fat broken down by lipase to produce fatty acid + glycerol
lipase produced by pancreas and small iintestine
bile makes the conditions slightly alkaline for digestive enzymes and emulsified the fat globules
stomach churns the food
etc. I basically just described the whole process using proteases aswell as amylase
Reply 48
Original post by Hgat
2 marks... I'm guessing 1 for saying the spreading out of particles and 1 for saying from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentraion

I'd say that the above answer would be one mark. As judging from past mark schemes the second mark is usually awarded for mentioning that the particles diffuse through the cell membrane.

How did everyone find the 6 marker? Were we supposed to talk about the whole digestive system or just the digestive system from the bile production stage? :confused:
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
m8 do you even wipe?

Yes, yes I do you fat prick
Reply 50
What did you lot put for the Hexa question, on why the boy didn't get the disorder?
I talked about the whole digestive system :/ Oh dear.... I went right from the mouth, salivary glands etc. But luckily I put stuff about lipase and bile. What did you put for the very last question??
Yes, yes I do you fat prick

do you even wash?
Did anyone also find the invigilators bad?? Mine were constantly talking and breathing loudly, I was getting so distracted!!
Original post by Funky Fish
I talked about the whole digestive system :/ Oh dear.... I went right from the mouth, salivary glands etc. But luckily I put stuff about lipase and bile. What did you put for the very last question??

I did that would it get the marks if you mentioned everything
Reply 55
Original post by LjWol
I'd say that the above answer would be one mark. As judging from past mark schemes the second mark is usually awarded for mentioning that the particles diffuse through the cell membrane.

How did everyone find the 6 marker? Were we supposed to talk about the whole digestive system or just the digestive system from the bile production stage? :confused:

Diffusion alone has nothing to do with a cell membrane. It just happens to be a process which allowed substances to pass through a membrane.

And the 6 marker was just about lipase and how bile helps it to work
Also hexa question, I said that It mutated during meiosis and that the boy carried the gene but it didn't show because it was ressesive??
Reply 57
Original post by Pistol 33
What did you lot put for the Hexa question, on why the boy didn't get the disorder?

I almost got stuck on this question, but then I realised the faulty gene must be recessive and he is heterozygous (1 faulty and 1 normal gene so the normal gene overrides the faulty one, hence he did not get the condition)
(edited 10 years ago)
I did that would it get the marks if you mentioned everything

I hope so, I didn't see the bit about the fat....
do you even wash?

You'd like that wouldn't you.:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending