The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Mathematics Core 1 13/05/2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deceived
They asked for the minimum y value. I assume you'll receive full credit because you put (2,-7).

Ok thank you very much! If thats true, i can only see that i've lost 2 marks! hopefully get above 90! :biggrin: Good luck all!
For the coefficient of x^3 I did all the working out and expanded the x^3 brackets and got -2560. But when I rewrote the answer to say that this is the coefficient, I forgot the - sign in front of 2560. How many marks will I lose for that because I got the right answers and you can see it it is just that I double underlined 2560 without the - sign?

For the circle intersecting the x and y axes I got 2+root 11 and 2-root11 but crossed this out and got different vales for y but still got the right values for x - how many marks have I lost there?

For the very last question I got k = 0 and 8 is that right? I f not do I get 2 marks (since it is out of 4) for it?

Thanks in advance
So your answer went something along the lines of
-2560x^3 so the coefficient of x^3 is 2560?
That might be okay. In the past papers I've done they generally condone having the x in the answer of a coefficient question. Depends if they ignore subsequent working or not.
If you've got C2 on Friday.Get off this thread - you're only dwelling on 1/3 of the 300 marks if you're doing the whole course this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought 125 was 5^2 for some reason and so my final answer as 5^2.5 instead of 5^3.5. Will I only loose one mark? because I did all the workings out correctly
Reply 285
Anyone got a copy of the C1 paper?
Reply 286
Question 1. Can someone confirm what exactly it asked for? I skim-read it, presumed it said 'parallel' to the line, but people have told me it instead said 'perpendicular' to the line, which is obviously completely different.
Original post by simon105
Question 1. Can someone confirm what exactly it asked for? I skim-read it, presumed it said 'parallel' to the line, but people have told me it instead said 'perpendicular' to the line, which is obviously completely different.

The gradient was - 0.5 so idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was -1/2
Reply 289
Original post by Timmy12321
It was -1/2

But what did the question ask for?
Reply 290
But what did the question ask for?

It asked for the equation of the line that was perpendicular to the line y=2x+something
Reply 291
****. 3 marks down the drain. Such an idiot.
****. 3 marks down the drain. Such an idiot.

was it not parallel!?!
Original post by student992
was it not parallel!?!

no it was perpindicular :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by student992
was it not parallel!?!

Apparently not. I read it as 'parallel' too. It's pretty gutting considering it's such a simple question :frown:
I'm adamant i did the right thing but someone put the paper up please?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 296
the average of paapers is meant to be around 58, but i think paper had a few questions that either confused some people or they didn't quite get the correct answer, so I think A will be around 55 maybe 54 if we are lucky
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 297
Original post by krishkmistry
I'm adamant i did the right thing but someone put the paper up please?!

90% sure question 2 was perpendicular.
Reply 298
Original post by TheNote
the average of paapers is meant to be around 58, but i think paper had a few questions that either confused some people or they didn't quite get the correct answer, so I think A will be around 55 maybe 54 if we are lucky

I'm guessing the same :smile: 54 would be lovely though
Reply 299
Original post by TheNote
90% sure question 2 was perpendicular.

It was 100% PERPENDICULAR.
I repeat, the question asked you to find a PERPENDICULAR line, not parallel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending