The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by yugiohtheawesome
So out of 5 marks, how many would I get? Thank you, you give me hope :smile:

You will get one method mark. Whether or not you get 1/3 or 2/3 depends on the MS.
Reply 121
Arsey I wrote 27000 for the sum question and then wrote another answer so will i get full marks as it say on every mark scheme to mark the correct answer only and not the wrong answer
Reply 122
I have the international paper, I will smash out some solutions
For the sequence question, if I worked out the sum of the 21 terms correctly, but did the sum of the 22 to the 52 week wrong would I get some marks?
74!
Reply 125
Hi Arsey,

For the mobile phone question you added the sum of the 21 weeks with the 31 weeks and got 27000. However i added the sum of 20 weeks with 32 weeks and still got 27000 by using the sum Sn equation. Do i still get the 5 marks? :confused:

Anyone.......Can you please reply asap , i am very worried, need to get that A* prediction :smile:

Thanks
Reply 126
Also for question 5a doesnt the inequality sign flip?
i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...how many marks i will loose?? :confused:
Strong sense of shame being felt after realising I got 21000 due to thinking there were 42 weeks in a year for some reason, hopefully will only lose a mark
Original post by Shakz
Hi Arsey,

For the mobile phone question you added the sum of the 21 weeks with the 31 weeks and got 27000. However i added the sum of 20 weeks with 32 weeks and still got 27000 by using the sum Sn equation. Do i still get the 5 marks? :confused:

Anyone.......Can you please reply asap , i am very worried, need to get that A* prediction :smile:

Thanks

This is correct.
But to get the marks you shouldn't have use half n a plus l formula.
If you have used the other formula its totally correct.
It should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join the 100ums club! Only for the elites:biggrin: We could one day be running the Country!
Reply 131
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
This is correct.
But to get the marks you shouldn't have use half n a plus l formula.
If you have used the other formula its totally correct.
It should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot man, yh i used Sn=n/2(2a+(n-1)d) equation. Found the sum of first 20 weeks which was 7800 and sum of remaining 32 weeks which was 19200...added them together to get 27000.
So many walks in the park!? First FP1n, History and now C1...
Fairly easy paper this year so I reckon:

GRADE BOUNDARIES:

A - 80 UMS = 63/64 RAW
B - 70 UMS = 54/55 RAW
C - 60 UMS = 46/47 RAW
D - 50 UMS = 38/39 RAW
D - 40 UMS = 30 RAW
Original post by Shakz
Hi Arsey,

Thanks

I think itll be fine because those two ways are relevant and correct. The mark scheme would probably say: (s21 + s31) as well as [s20 + (32x600)]
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4 :s-smilie:

You're safe! it just said a surd not a simplified surd so the mark scheme would be:

root160 or 4root10 :smile:
i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...HOW MANY MARKS I WILL LOOSE
PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
Original post by lefterispower
i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...HOW MANY MARKS I WILL LOOSE
PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

you might get the method marks for y-y1=m(x-x1)
Reply 138
Only lost a couple of marks I think, stupidly forgot to find the y value after finding the x value in question 10 but other than that I think I got the rest of it. Pretty kind paper, boundaries are probably going to be pretty high
Original post by Shakz
Hi Arsey,

Thanks

That should give full marks as that first 600 could be included in either grouping

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending