The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by gandanmo
Hey i have 3 questions, first for 5c) i got everything right apart from i added 10s onto the 60 i got giving me 70s instead of 50! surely i only lost one mark?! also 5d) i used 70s instead of 50s giving me 0.4ms-2 instead of 0.7 how many marks would i lose for that ? (any ecf) ?? and lastly!the vectors question 7cii) i got the right method and simultaneous equated it right but messed up the ading getting a wrong t how many marks would i lose for that? any one that ANSWERS I WILL BUY YOU BROWNIES!!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Lose A1 for part c)
Lose A1 for part d)
Lose an extra mark for M1 not being right on adding 10 seconds
probably 3/6 but I'm not sure.
If you got it right till making an arithmetic mistake, lose 1 mark
Original post by posthumus
Guys just some quick questions :smile: :

For one of them Arsey has put down 15.5 N and this seems quite common amongst most people, however I wrote 15 N (2sf)

Also, for another one a lot of people for 16.6m and I got 17m (2sf)... will I loose any marks due to these ? :smile:

Also for the final final question, I wrote 225 degrees from bearing (I also drew like a north arrow on the diagram if that makes a difference), should I be saying good-bye to this mark ? :frown:

Thanks in advance for any responses :smile:

I can't see you having a problem with the last two things, if g is involved 2 or 3sf are allowed, however for the first one 2sf is either 16 or 15 depending on whether 15.5 is rounded up or down, if it was something like 15.4.... Then you'll get that mark too
Reply 222
I failed it. Everything. Everything. EVERYTHING.
Reply 223
Original post by Robbie242
Lose A1 for part c)
Lose A1 for part d)
Lose an extra mark for M1 not being right on adding 10 seconds
probably 3/6 but I'm not sure.
If you got it right till making an arithmetic mistake, lose 1 mark

thanks bro! ouch so altogether lose 4 marks ?? are you sure id lose a method mark for adding 10s wouldnt that be a accuracy mark?
Original post by Mimi85
how low was the 2009 one??

M1 Jan-09

100 - 63
90 - 56.0
80 - 49
70 - 42
60 - 35
50 - 28
40 - 21
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by arsey
i have the international paper, i will smash out some solutions.

thank you so much! Can't wait :smile:
Reply 226
thanks bro! ouch so altogether lose 4 marks ?? are you sure id lose a method mark for adding 10s wouldnt that be a accuracy mark?

Depends on edexcel, we can't exactly pin point where A1 and M1 come in but can give a rough idea of where they are likely to be, none of this is certain though
Reply 227
How reliable is this mark scheme? I don't want to get my hopes up but I got same as Arsey... :smile: I worked unbelievably hard for M1 and it has paid off... Did all the past papers from Jan 06 to Jan 13.
Can't believe i messed up the motorcycle one. I got 80 seconds but the answers 50 :frown:
Reply 229
Would I get a method mark for the moment question if I did the exact same method throughout but with different numbers? I misread the question. Worst feeling ever :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Original post by outsider95
I can't see you having a problem with the last two things, if g is involved 2 or 3sf are allowed, however for the first one 2sf is either 16 or 15 depending on whether 15.5 is rounded up or down, if it was something like 15.4.... Then you'll get that mark too

I think I got 15.45 something and rounded to 15.5. But I would say, from all the papers I've done, that 15 is definitely right.
That resolving question I still don't know how I mucked it up, it's literally a slap to the face for doing over 30 resolving questions with friction. Other than that it was a nice paper only one that caught me off guard was part c of the last question, I had no idea what to do. My friend also got 80 seconds for the motorcycle one so you might not have lost all marks.
Reply 232
Depends on edexcel, we can't exactly pin point where A1 and M1 come in but can give a rough idea of where they are likely to be, none of this is certain though

oh awesome thanks alot! last one, the vector question was 6 marks for 2 parts, will it be 3 marks for both or 2 and 4? because i got the first part right, but if the second part is eitger 3 or 4 id still only drop 1 mark right for my arithmatic error? :smile: an also any grade boundary thoughts?
Reply 233
oh awesome thanks alot! last one, the vector question was 6 marks for 2 parts, will it be 3 marks for both or 2 and 4? because i got the first part right, but if the second part is eitger 3 or 4 id still only drop 1 mark right for my arithmatic error? :smile: an also any grade boundary thoughts?

Vectors

3 marks for both parts, they are of equal worth

Yeah 1 mark dropped.

Being a bit realistic I'll say 63/75 for an A, though it could turn out like C1 in Jan again. Nearly everyone in the FM class crumbled to this paper
Reply 234
For 3) i messed up because i didnt read the question properly, and put froction actig up the slope!!!! I did all working out 'correct' though so would I get marks for correct working?
Reply 235
You may get ECF (error carried forward), unless there is a DM1 (decision mark 1) on the paper depending on your answer. ECF probably will only get you 1 or 2 more marks though

Thanks very much!
Hey i have 3 questions, first for 5c) i got everything right apart from i added 10s onto the 60 i got giving me 70s instead of 50! surely i only lost one mark?! also 5d) i used 70s instead of 50s giving me 0.4ms-2 instead of 0.7 :frown: how many marks would i lose for that ? (any ecf) ?? and lastly!the vectors question 7cii) i got the right method and simultaneous equated it right but messed up the adding getting a wrong t :frown: how many marks would i lose for that? if you ANSWERS I WILL BUY YOU BROWNIES!!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!*

Since 5d is for 2 marks, they MIGHT ecf, but i'm not sure, either way you'll still lose A1 mark there. and as long as you feel like your method was okay you'll lose maybe a mark or two for 5c. Same thing goes for 7cii.

you will gain method marks here and there, and only lose accuracy marks, hopefully. Let's hope the mark scheme is lenient.
Reply 237
Original post by ginniex3
For 3) i messed up because i didnt read the question properly, and put froction actig up the slope!!!! I did all working out 'correct' though so would I get marks for correct working?

lose 2 marks for wrong direction of friction and A1 I reckon. It depends on whether there is a decision mark based on the direction of friction
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 238
lose 2 marks for wrong direction of friction and A1 I reckon.

Ok so out of 8 i would still be able to get 5/8 ish?! :smile:
Reply 239
Original post by ginniex3
Ok so out of 8 i would still be able to get 5/8 ish?! :smile:

About that but don't take my absolute word for it, I am just making predictions after all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending