The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unknown505
What did you guys get for the calculation question with the graph.

100/150= 0.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666etc
Original post by dandaman7771
Really?

I know it's a new paper etc but I thought it was relatively easy, baring the tadpole question and a couple of mistakes!!!

I would love it to be around 53 for 100 ums, but I can't see that happening as everyone at my school 'thought' it was easy, though everyone seemed to get caught out by the tadpole and runner sweating one!!!

Noo i found B2 easier than B3.. You've probably done well then :biggrin:
Original post by Firuza1029
I said exactly the same! I didn't read the question properly which was a dumb move because it was worth about 2/3 marks:frown:

what was the question then??
I had a little bit of time left at the end and I counted up what I thought I might have got, minus questions I couldn't answer and questions that I knew I'd scuffed up. Came to 51. I then took 2 off my prediction just in case there were questions I'd scuffed up that I didn't know I'd scuffed up, leaving 49.
I think 46 or so maybe 47 or 48 for A*. Could be 51 :s
100/150= 0.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666etc

I got that, but I only put it to 1 d.p
I put mineral ions for the tadpole one :frown:
Original post by Raeesah123
Noo i found B2 easier than B3.. You've probably done well then :biggrin:

For the lung diagram, my original ansers were, Vein, Capillary, Artery, but then I did the thing at the end with 30 seconds to go and I changed Artery to Aorta, don't know why?
Original post by shibucool
For the first part of the tadpole question did you put oxygen?

That's what I put.
I got that, but I only put it to 1 d.p

1 d.p would be 0.7 wouldn't it? meh, i just put 0.67 as it looked nicer
For the lung diagram, my original ansers were, Vein, Capillary, Artery, but then I did the thing at the end with 30 seconds to go and I changed Artery to Aorta, don't know why?

Wasn't it:

Artery, Capillary and Vein
Original post by Davothebigafro
1 d.p would be 0.7 wouldn't it? meh, i just put 0.67 as it looked nicer

I put 0.66 with a recurring sign above.

Oh. I did that in B2 and changed my answer for the question about the substance produced by the stomach, I originally put starch and then changed it to hydrochloric acid :smile: I got it right toooooo yayyy!!!
I put 0.66 with a recurring sign above.

hmm, there's usually a few different acceptable ways of writing it
I found this exam quite hard. I couldn't label the heart, explain why the composition of the blood was different in the lung question, struggled with the iron lung one, didn't know what the tadpole question was asking for, got the math question wrong and got confused with the glucose stuff at the end! I did like the 6 mark question though! :smile: Really want an A, but not sure it will happen with how much I struggled with!
I got Artery, Capillary and Vein.
F was going away from the heart to the lung, so it was an artery. G was the capillaries around the alveoli and H was the vein taking the oxygenated blood back to the heart.
Original post by HarryRiley88
But on the question the enlarged photo showed that the cell walls were only one cell thick? That's the reason I put capillary stents rather than artery stents...

Capillaries are only one cell thick though? I don't think you can have capillary stents.
Wasn't it:

Artery, Capillary and Vein

I put Vein, Capillaries, Artery
Reply 1177
For the change in volume question would putting the intercostal muscles contract lifting the ribcage up and out. The diaphragm then also contracts flattening the diaphragm which expands the thorax hence increase the volume in the lungs and so air rushes into the lungs due to the lower pressure be good enough for the 3 marks?
Original post by Raeesah123
Oh. I did that in B2 and changed my answer for the question about the substance produced by the stomach, I originally put starch and then changed it to hydrochloric acid :smile: I got it right toooooo yayyy!!!

Yes, but yours was right after you changed it.:frown:
Original post by Minecraft27
I got Artery, Capillary and Vein.
F was going away from the heart to the lung, so it was an artery. G was the capillaries around the alveoli and H was the vein taking the oxygenated blood back to the heart.

That's exactly what I got :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending