The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Think I got 100 UMS
Hi arsey

i was wondering for the last question 11C if you got the equation of the line wrong but followed the correct method for part D will I get ecf marks?
for q9 I think where you had to find k, I got 1/2.....don't really know how and everyone else got 1/16....
Reply 143
Original post by Australia96
for q9 I think where you had to find k, I got 1/2.....don't really know how and everyone else got 1/16....

I got 1/2 as well, it was a silly mistake... We both did 8k squared, rather than 64k squared.
ahh damn, that's why... d'you think we will still get some marks? if so, how many? :smile:
Reply 145
Original post by Me123456789
I can't believe what I did!
I got all of 11b and c wrong because I didn't integrate to work out the equation of the line, I just used the 2 coordinates P and H, I have no idea why, I knew what to do!!!! :angry::angry::angry:
I got 62 marks. I could have got 70 marks!!!:frown:

You should differentiate, not integrate...
Reply 146
100ums I think!! So many people are saying they got 100ums, the grade boundaries will probably be really high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
ahh damn, that's why... d'you think we will still get some marks? if so, how many? :smile:

If you wrote b2 - 4ac = 0 then you will get one mark. For B I thinks that's all we will get. For C hopefully they allow a correct answer using your answer from B.
Original post by CRW1996
If you wrote b2 - 4ac = 0 then you will get one mark. For B I thinks that's all we will get. For C hopefully they allow a correct answer using your answer from B.

Yeah but did you put it into the quadratic formula and get a really long answer...
Reply 149
Yeah but did you put it into the quadratic formula and get a really long answer...

Yes... I can't remember exactly what it was but it was long...
Original post by CRW1996
You should differentiate, not integrate...

Yes, that's what I meant, I WAS SUPPOSED TO DIFFERENTIATE, and I completely forgot what I was supposed to to, I actually like questions like that, I never used to get it wrong, my mind just went blank! :mad:
How many marks do you think I would lose if I got the method to the sequences question right, but put 31x600=2400 :mad: I was hoping for 100 UMS, but might not get it anymore :frown:
Original post by -bethan-
How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:

omg i did that as well, at least we may get marks for error caried forward
Reply 153
I have posted solutions to the international paper if anyone is interested.
Bugger. For the Q involving k, I got k to be 1/16 but definitely did something wrong with the simultaneous equations bit after - ended up with a surd answer :lol:. Hoping for 70+ -> 90+ UMS.
Anyone fancy hazarding a guess at how many marks I'd get in the sequences question for calculating the total number of phones if the series kept on going up by 20 each time, all the way up to 52 (I skipped the bit about it stopping at 600, I'll make sure I read the questions more carefully in C2!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 156
Original post by lekhi_vesper
omg i did that as well, at least we may get marks for error caried forward

Oh this is getting weird! I really do hope so! :frown: I flipping need them! :tongue:
Original post by MrSupernova
Anyone fancy hazarding a guess at how many marks I'd get in the sequences question for calculating the total number of phones if the series kept on going up by 20 each time, all the way up to 52 (I skipped the bit about it stopping at 600, I'll make sure I read the questions more carefully in C2!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

2? I wouldn't bet on more than that to be honest.
Reply 158
People don't worry if loads of people on here so they have 100UMS, they don't for definite and most people who go on tsr are those who won't be getting E's or U's :biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by jamesrorytiffin
Strong sense of shame being felt after realising I got 21000 due to thinking there were 42 weeks in a year for some reason, hopefully will only lose a mark

I did the exact same thing :mad: I saw the 2 in 52 and saw the 1 in 21 and my brain automatically assumed that it was half. I wonder how many marks we will lose, only 6000 phones off :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending