The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Quite bad that today was the first time I had EVER heard the phrase "transpiration stream". I initially thought it was a suggest question so talked about the H20 vapour escaping the plant via transpiration, but through the stomata :frown: (wrong direction!!)
Original post by Alex_Aits
Or alternatively you could have used your brain and just left it in fractional form?.... 2/3 will be just as creditable

Yeah that's fine, but 0.66666666667 would be right anyway but they didn't want that as an answer
Original post by ThatGirlx
I got:
91UMS in B1
88UMS in B2
44/50 in the ISA

Any idea what I would need in B3 to get A overall
or what I would need in B3 to get an A* overall?

Thanks

I would say around 83ums, but thats just en educated guess.:wink:
Original post by Alex_Aits
That's exactly what I got apart from 45/50 in the ISA haha :biggrin: , well 44/50 will at least be 90 UMS, so 90+91+88 = 269, which would mean you need 91UMS worst case scenario, most likely you'd need 87/88 UMS

Thanksss, is that for an A or an A*?:smile:
Original post by Davothebigafro
Are the single science ISA's the same as separate science ISA's?

Well it's just B1, the chances are that less capable students would take just the single science, so most likely the boundaries would be a bit higher, the single science boundary is just an indication, can't be certain obviously hahaha
Original post by YazzyH
Quite bad that today was the first time I had EVER heard the phrase "transpiration stream". I initially thought it was a suggest question so talked about the H20 vapour escaping the plant via transpiration, but through the stomata :frown: (wrong direction!!)

I think it was sort of mean for them to put that in as they didn't actually mention it in the spec - they only talked about evaporation..

I just wrote about the constant water loss from the leaves via evaporation and the gain in water through the roots via osmosis and some other crap
A tiny upset at the fact I spent so much time revising kidney filtration, mycoprotein and biogas generators to death and they weren't there, but I'm not to bothered, aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1267
If I got 100 UMS for B1 and 45/50 for the ISA, roughly what UMS would i need for B2 and B3 for an overall A* (sorry, did B2 and B3 today!)
Original post by beenieeee
a tiny upset at the fact i spent so much time revising kidney filtration, mycoprotein and biogas generators to death and they weren't there, but i'm not to bothered, aha

posted from tsr mobile

sameeeeee bruv
Original post by sneakbo2
The one about why it was higher in the vein to the liver than the vein away from it was just that the vein to the liver contained more glucose as it was absorbed from the small intenstine. However, the pancrease secreted insulin and the liver stored some of that glucose because it was too high. Therefore in the vein away from the liver the glucose concentration was lower.

The other one was basically just the opposite and glucagon was secreted by the pancreas to make it convert stored glycogen to glucose.

Tbh if you didn't get the first one right you were bound to get the second one wrong, bit harsh from AQA

Thanks :smile: hopefully I'll have done well enough on the rest of the paper for the last few questions not to matter too much :smile:
I got:
91UMS in B1
88UMS in B2
44/50 in the ISA

Any idea what I would need in B3 to get A overall
or what I would need in B3 to get an A* overall?

Thanks

well that is similar to mine I got
B1 100
B2 89
ISA 45/50 (my teacher predicted 95 UMS because its in the middle :L )

so I need around 76

I say you may need around 87 ish :smile:
Would i still get the mark for writing 'Connary artery' instead of 'coronary artery'.

For the tadpole water exchange question i wrote carbon dioxide.

For the photograph comparison question i wrote A is negative pressure and B is positive pressure. And for the advantage of B i wrote that it is portable and easy to set up. Disadvantage: Can still burst the alveoli in the lungs.

Are any of these correct?
Original post by techno836
well that is similar to mine I got
B1 100
B2 89
ISA 45/50 (my teacher predicted 95 UMS because its in the middle :L )

so I need around 76

I say you may need around 87 ish :smile:

thankyou:wink:
Original post by Rashaa
Did we have to write a conclusion for the farming one? I thought it was just advantages and disadvantages:smile:

same i didn't put a conclusion
would you get the mark for the iron lung and modern ventilator question if you just wrote:

- the iron lung uses a negative pressure system and the modern ventilator uses a positive pressure system

OR , did you actually have to describe how these work?
YazzyH i would say 80UMS in b2 and b3 for an A*
thankyou:wink:

No problem :smile: how did the exam go and what raw mark do you think you got ? :smile:
Original post by YazzyH
If I got 100 UMS for B1 and 45/50 for the ISA, roughly what UMS would i need for B2 and B3 for an overall A* (sorry, did B2 and B3 today!)

Good marks, I'd say that an average of 81 on each might just scrape it?
Instead of writing coronary artery i wrote coronary vein but i got the stents bit right i know the structure of the heart was right nd i got the last question right

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by techno836
No problem :smile: how did the exam go and what raw mark do you think you got ? :smile:

It was okay tbh, wbu?
Probably about 46 to about 49 marks,
wbu?

Latest

Trending

Trending