The Student Room Group

OCR AS English Legal System 14th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A sheesh
My teacher is an examiner and basically hinted what 'could' come up.

Sentencing aims n youth section b
police powers stop n search n detention
bail and court procedures
lay magistrates training
adr not coming up
solicitors and barristers

I really hope detention, training for lay mag, bail and sentencing comes up
Reply 21
Can you explain to merge training of lay mag? I can't do it.
Reply 22
Me*

thanks
Original post by chloeintheskies
These aren't my own predictions but what i've gathered from others (I've seen a few)

Police Powers Stop and Search or Detention (probably not arrest)
Sentencing (maybe youth with aims, less likely to be adult)
Bail
Barristers and Solicitors
Lay Magistrates (It alternates between Juries and Mags, Juries was in January so)
Civil Tracking
Judiciary - *ugh*

Also ADR is unlikely to appear - tis a shame as it's my favourite :smile:

Omgg you were so rightt :biggrin: i'm glad i saw your post yesterday. massive help, thankyouu. Have you any predictions for unit 2-sources of law? Need to start revision for that asap
Original post by Maria De Montero
Omgg you were so rightt :biggrin: i'm glad i saw your post yesterday. massive help, thankyouu. Have you any predictions for unit 2-sources of law? Need to start revision for that asap

Lol nice predictions!

I done sources of law in january and precedent and statutory instruments so I think delegated legislation and EU law may come up

Ahah no problem! And i haven't been looking for them as I sat the exam in January but if I find out any i'll let you know, if I had to cross any out i'd say probably not Statutory Interpretation :tongue:
Original post by random1234567
I done sources of law in january and precedent and statutory instruments so I think delegated legislation and EU law may come up

ohh cheers :tongue: & Ahh how was it? i guess i need to start my revision for sources of law, everyone says EU laws really hard aswell
ohh cheers :tongue: & Ahh how was it? i guess i need to start my revision for sources of law, everyone says EU laws really hard aswell

It was good I got an A and yeah my school didnt teach us EU
Original post by chloeintheskies
Ahah no problem! And i haven't been looking for them as I sat the exam in January but if I find out any i'll let you know, if I had to cross any out i'd say probably not Statutory Interpretation :tongue:

ohh you did unit 2 before 1 :redface: and haha cheersss, i guess i shall leave that one out! is unit 2 alot easier to revise for?
It was good I got an A and yeah my school didnt teach us EU

oh wow!! any revision tips? iv only got 2 days of revision for the whole topic cas i left it so last minute, i hope i can still pass with a good grade. i always leave it last minute without intending to
oh wow!! any revision tips? iv only got 2 days of revision for the whole topic cas i left it so last minute, i hope i can still pass with a good grade. i always leave it last minute without intending to

what I done was I went on the mark scheme for every topic and constructed a essay and you eventually notice that the questions are similar so I just remembered my essays
Also sources of law is all about case law, try to remember as many cases as you can
Reply 32
Hey guys!
To anyone who did the Sources of Law paper in January, what came up? :smile: just so I can predict what will come up! c:
Original post by Alejandroo
Hey guys!
To anyone who did the Sources of Law paper in January, what came up? :smile: just so I can predict what will come up! c:

Precedent and statutory interpretation :smile:
Reply 34
Precedent and statutory interpretation :smile:

Awh your kidding?! :frown: all the good ones, most likely delegated legislation and eu law then :/ my school didnt even teach eu law :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awh your kidding?! :frown: all the good ones, most likely delegated legislation and eu law then :/ my school didnt even teach eu law :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Delegated legislation isnt too bad lol
Reply 36
Delegated legislation isnt too bad lol

I dont like it tbh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont like it tbh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

also Legislation+law reform
Anyone was the police powers question Describe the powers of the police at the police station to detain and search a person suspected of a serious offence????
Anyone was the police powers question Describe the powers of the police at the police station to detain and search a person suspected of a serious offence????

Describe the powers of the police to detain and search and the rights of the defendant.

Quick Reply

Latest