The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Adult Nursing In Bangor Sep 2013

Hey! I've been offered a conditional place at Bangor to do Adult nursing starting in Septemeber 2013, but based in Wrexham, training and living etc. Is anyone else in the same position as me?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AimeeS
Hey! I've been offered a conditional place at Bangor to do Adult nursing starting in Septemeber 2013, but based in Wrexham, training and living etc. Is anyone else in the same position as me?:smile:

Congratulations on getting an offer:smile: im still waiting to hear. How long do they usaully take to get back to you? Its been over a week now!x
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh wow! have you only just had your interview then? It took ages for Bangor to get back to me, they said 4 weeks, but it was much longer. They shouldn't take too long for you because they will need to get accommodation and stuff sorted soon. Don't expect it to come up on UCAS they will send you a letter, and a list of things that you need to do along with it such as medical form, CRB etc. Good luck anyway! Where about are you from, if you are local to Wrexham they will probably offer you a place here instead. :smile::smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AimeeS
Oh wow! have you only just had your interview then? It took ages for Bangor to get back to me, they said 4 weeks, but it was much longer. They shouldn't take too long for you because they will need to get accommodation and stuff sorted soon. Don't expect it to come up on UCAS they will send you a letter, and a list of things that you need to do along with it such as medical form, CRB etc. Good luck anyway! Where about are you from, if you are local to Wrexham they will probably offer you a place here instead. :smile::smile:

Yeah only just had it! Cant stand the waiting, i just want to know. Everyone saying that they take about 2 weeks. ahhhh. Tankyou :smile: i'm from near Abersoch so i will be going to Bangor if i get an offer :smile:
Original post by AimeeS

I am doing adult nursing starting in september too also going through Wrexham for training etc :biggrin: very happy as it was my first choice but does anyone know what the holidays are through year one? very keen snowboarder and itching to go but can't book anything as I don't want to interrupt placements or lectures.. thanks!
Awh I feel left out because my offer was for the April intake as they ran out of places for the September intake, maybe I should make another thread hehe. Anywhoosies, I'll be going to Bangor! :smile:
Gunna miss the freshers week too :/ x
Reply 6
Original post by RebeccaHannah
I am doing adult nursing starting in september too also going through Wrexham for training etc :biggrin: very happy as it was my first choice but does anyone know what the holidays are through year one? very keen snowboarder and itching to go but can't book anything as I don't want to interrupt placements or lectures.. thanks!

Ohh cool! I started to think I was the only one doing that. I assume you are still in Bangor uni too, not Glyn Dwr? Will you be living there too? Havn't heard too much about the accommodation, so I hope its okay! I havn't got a clue when they are, we get about 10 weeks altogether, plus a few reading weeks I think. I did get told that we will be told our Holidays etc for the year on one of our first days, if that's any help? or you could ring up? I have the admissions Tutors number?
Reply 7
Original post by BananaWhale
Awh I feel left out because my offer was for the April intake as they ran out of places for the September intake, maybe I should make another thread hehe. Anywhoosies, I'll be going to Bangor! :smile:
Gunna miss the freshers week too :/ x

Aww no! :frown: Good luck anyway! We still might see you around! x
Reply 8
I didn't get an offer off Bangor:frown: Im so disappointed! I will be re-applying for next year though. Well done everyone who got a place:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AimeeS
Ohh cool! I started to think I was the only one doing that. I assume you are still in Bangor uni too, not Glyn Dwr? Will you be living there too? Havn't heard too much about the accommodation, so I hope its okay! I havn't got a clue when they are, we get about 10 weeks altogether, plus a few reading weeks I think. I did get told that we will be told our Holidays etc for the year on one of our first days, if that's any help? or you could ring up? I have the admissions Tutors number?

Yes I am doing it through Bangor university but at the Wrexham campus so I will see you there in September! Don't worry about the holidays I can wait till we start to find out! thanks though. I am very excited. @bananawhale I am sure we will all be put in some things together! I live in the sticks but like 25 mins away from Wrexham so I am staying here so I can't help you out on the accommodation! Sorry! Wrexham is an alright place though we will all have fun I am sure! :smile: Xx
Hi everyone! I will be going to Bangor University in September :smile::smile: It would be great to get to know people before we start :smile::smile: Congrats to everyone for securing a place x
Original post by Lolligiggles
Hi everyone! I will be going to Bangor University in September :smile::smile: It would be great to get to know people before we start :smile::smile: Congrats to everyone for securing a place x

well done :smile: are you going to be based in Wrexham or Bangor? X
well done :smile: are you going to be based in Wrexham or Bangor? X

Hey :smile: I'm going to Bangor University :smile: are you at Wrexham? So so happy to be accepted :smile::smile: wh
Reply 13
Hi!
I've been offered an uncomditional by ucas and a conditional through letter for march 2014 :smile: haha!! But they said that maybe I could get a place in September this year! :biggrin:
I only live 10 minutes away so I'll be staying at home.
Any welsh speakers on the course, as my english isn't very good haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Yes I am doing it through Bangor university but at the Wrexham campus so I will see you there in September! Don't worry about the holidays I can wait till we start to find out! thanks though. I am very excited. @bananawhale I am sure we will all be put in some things together! I live in the sticks but like 25 mins away from Wrexham so I am staying here so I can't help you out on the accommodation! Sorry! Wrexham is an alright place though we will all have fun I am sure! :smile: Xx

Ahhh fair enough, i live about the same distance away! where abouts are you from? im so excited to start! its not too long now, just going to enjoy the summer, ready to work hard in septemeber(:
Hi! Ive been accepted to Bangor University in September. Would be great to speak to anyone who is starting the same time.
Reply 16
Hi!
I've had a guarantees place for march next year, but I may be moves to the september intake :smile: Hopefully! Do you live locally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AimeeS
Ahhh fair enough, i live about the same distance away! where abouts are you from? im so excited to start! its not too long now, just going to enjoy the summer, ready to work hard in septemeber(:

I live in a little village called Tarvin about 5 miles from Chester! What about you? Yeah me too enjoy this summer because it is going to be the last proper one for 3 years ha! X
Reply 18
Original post by AimeeS
Hi there, I have also got a place for September to study at Wrexham :smile: Can't wait to start now :smile: x
Reply 19
Original post by Anwen85
Hi there, I have also got a place for September to study at Wrexham :smile: Can't wait to start now :smile: x

Ohh cool! Congratulations! Are you travelling or living in halls? xx

Quick Reply

Latest