The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Hey guys! I'm looking for some new anime to watch.

I recently finished Steins;Gate which was quite good.
Watching Angel Beats, Psycho Pass, Accel World, Code Geass and Senki Zessho Symphogear atm. I shared some with friends and they liked it as well! :woo:

I had some other ones, but my computer hard drive wiped and I couldn't watch them :frown:

If anyone could recommend some action/fantasy/comedy anime I'd really appreciate it :smile:

I recommend Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica if you liked Steins;Gate, its a magic girl series but its different from most magic girl series because its quite dark in tone although you wouldn't be able to tell it from the trailers

also recomend Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! its a comedy/romance about a girl who has delusions that she has magical powers. I haven't seen it all yet but it makes me laugh

Original post by AngryJellyfish
If you don't mind the weekly wait for new episodes, I'd highly recommend Attack on Titan, Suisei no Gargantia and Kakumeiki Valvrave from the current season.

If you'd prefer series that have already fully aired, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Durarara!! or Welcome to the NHK! may be of interest.

Hope that something there takes your interest. :smile:

+1 to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no kyojin)
(edited 10 years ago)
I've been watching attack on titan, haven't read the manga but I am enjoying it every week

only read if you're up to speed with the anime to episode 6

Spoiler

I'm on episode 22 of Naruto Shippuuden, and I have to say its pretty epic so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4504
The first section of shippuden was great then it slows down a bit, then you get the fillers you always get from naruto. The story itself is great but I just get disapointed with the amouny of fillers the anime throws in.
Original post by Dmon1Unlimited
hell yeah attack on titan

this fan art poster is so awesome its OMGWTFHDKJCSKCJSAKCJSAH-flange-SDCJBS...

no, its not real btw.... i really want to learn to makes pics like this...

That poster looks amazing :eek:
Reply 4506
If I had a lot of money or influence, that poster would become a reality. It would be so epic.
with that video, was it made by the same guy that made soul eater? character design looks similar, attacks look similar, but whacky setting (e.g. smiling sun) was replaced by story (girl with delusions as you say)

as far as I know there's no connection, but I can see what you mean about the attacks/fight scenes looking similar
Also I think I heard somewhere that an attack on titan live action movie is in production but its being made in japan not Hollywood. I suppose only time will tell if its any good
I reckon a live action could be half decent, Death Note wasn't too bad.
Reply 4510
Original post by Shoegazer92
Also I think I heard somewhere that an attack on titan live action movie is in production but its being made in japan not Hollywood. I suppose only time will tell if its any good

Original post by ianh16
If I had a lot of money or influence, that poster would become a reality. It would be so epic.

Original post by lighterthanAyer
That poster looks amazing :eek:

no, its not real btw.... i really want to learn to makes pics like this...

The live action movie was announced about a year and a half ago. It's been in the cards much longer than the anime. Last I heard, the release was dated for 2014.
(edited 10 years ago)
almost up to where i was with Mirai Nikki last time, ep 10, its so good :teeth:

Yuukiiiii :h: :teeth:

ep 12 at the hospital :coma:
(edited 10 years ago)
Just finished Zetsuen no Tempest. wat.
Original post by Bude8
Just finished Zetsuen no Tempest. wat.

on my list to watch, any good?
Original post by King Amukee
on my list to watch, any good?

Pretty good actually, nice plot
Original post by Bude8
Pretty good actually, nice plot

as good as fma: broterhood?
Original post by King Amukee
as good as fma: broterhood?

I saw that a while ago. The story for ZnT is actually pretty damn good. Fights are quite cool but infrequent ish.
Original post by Bude8
I saw that a while ago. The story for ZnT is actually pretty damn good. Fights are quite cool but infrequent ish.

I'll watch it next then.
Does anyone know REALLY random anime? I think they're the most amusing to watch :biggrin:
I must catch up with Yuyushiki. I'll marathon everything I missed after exams.

Latest

Trending

Trending