The Student Room Group

AQA AS German Unit 1 14/05/2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by becky96
I hated the one about a sport centre!!! Was anyone else so confused with the Anfänger bit

I didn't find this one too bad, what was the problem with it?
Reply 61
Original post by becky96
The name Cornelius made me laugh :L
Was he the answer to the first question, about friendship being like the best thing ever or something?

If he was the one who said something about 'Freundschaft is schoenste' or something along those lines I thing so.. then he went on to say how his friend abused his trust or something haha
Reply 62
Original post by Kathiye

Es war verwirrend!!
Original post by lorobolorolo
yeah task 1 was hard especially the very first question. And the grammar stuff was hard as well.
Omg u actually predicted them?? woow
I'm not sure whether the health essay was a dream, because I'm not sure if I answered it correctly.
How did u structure the essay??

so i did:
difference between illegal and legal drugs
problem with alcohol- anti social behavour, cost to the goverment of alcohol related accidents blablabla
said i thought smoking was worst, explained why such as lung cancer blablabla
talked about the dangers of illegal drugs like overdosing and things like that
how if the goverment made alcohol more expensive, they would cause other problems as other people would use other, worst drugs instead.
conclusion
Reply 64
Heya, can anyone remember what they wrote for the listening on sportsclubs or the talk show?

I got quite a few N/As for the talkshow one- the answers about the website and the cost, possibly another one or two others which I've forgotten. I think I said richtig to the first statement about starting in September and wanting to appeal to a young audience but false to the one about already having young viewers and the statement about viewers asking questions but I could have gone either way on the last one?! :confused:

I said there were 150 sports clubs and 14000 participants? Then Segelfliegen and Eisgolfen, something-muell-something possibly? Then die Sportvereinen, der BMX Kurs and Eine Jugendsporthall (I wasn't sure if this should have been one or two words?

How about everyone else?
Reply 65
Original post by William24
Was I the only one who found Number 5 'Freundschaft', the first reading question, really hard? The one with Pascal, Cornelius and Tom.

I think that one was ok, but the one I didn't like is the one about Mode.
The first question....How does she choose new clothes?
I couldn't decide whether it was I go shopping with friends and family...
or whether it was the one about I can choose my own clothes becaue my parents let me. They were once young themselves.
Reply 66
Original post by eggz95
It was too specific for me, not enough to write because it just basically asked "was ist dein lieblingsfilm?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I know! I did the Alkohol one, which one did you pick?
Reply 67
Original post by Kathiye

One of the questions said 'Who helped arrange the courses' which would have been the Sportclubs in the city. Then the question after was 'Who had this thereby helped' or something along those lines (sorry if I've translated them wrong and this would be the reason I found the question so hard :P), which the answer would then be the Judgendliche. BUT on the CD it talked about the Judgendliche first and then went on to talk about the Sportclubs. So by AQA logic and the way all of the previous past papers have been, that should be impossible because in readings and listening, questions are supposed to run in order that they appear in the text. Maybe I just over complicated it myself, who knows.
Reply 68
Was it 14000 or 40000 participants?
Reply 69
Original post by louisenorth
so i did:
difference between illegal and legal drugs
problem with alcohol- anti social behavour, cost to the goverment of alcohol related accidents blablabla
said i thought smoking was worst, explained why such as lung cancer blablabla
talked about the dangers of illegal drugs like overdosing and things like that
how if the goverment made alcohol more expensive, they would cause other problems as other people would use other, worst drugs instead.
conclusion

I also did the health essay. I did:
-Bad things about alcohol
-not so bad things about alcohol - fun etc
-how smoking is worse
-how drugs are worse
-how was can solve the alcohol problem
Reply 70
Original post by becky96
The name Cornelius made me laugh :L
Was he the answer to the first question, about friendship being like the best thing ever or something?

Yeah I think it was,
See for the future tv one, did you get two not in texts?
Reply 71
Original post by jcm222
Yeah I think it was,
See for the future tv one, did you get two not in texts?

Yes I did, one for werbung on the website and another about... Something else
Reply 72
Original post by amy.2209
Heya, can anyone remember what they wrote for the listening on sportsclubs or the talk show?

I got quite a few N/As for the talkshow one- the answers about the website and the cost, possibly another one or two others which I've forgotten. I think I said richtig to the first statement about starting in September and wanting to appeal to a young audience but false to the one about already having young viewers and the statement about viewers asking questions but I could have gone either way on the last one?! :confused:

I said there were 150 sports clubs and 14000 participants? Then Segelfliegen and Eisgolfen, something-muell-something possibly? Then die Sportvereinen, der BMX Kurs and Eine Jugendsporthall (I wasn't sure if this should have been one or two words?

How about everyone else?

For the Talkshow one I got true for starting in September, true for wanting to appeal younger audience. False for already having younger views and n/a for the cost. False about asking the viewers questions because it said about asking the studio-audience questions. N/A for the advertising and then true for the last one because it said that he hoped for more than 1 million viewers, and he talked about how as a News Station they contacted over 1 million viewers and he hopes they achieve this again or do better or something.

I put 150 Sportclubs and 40,000 participants (think it said viertig). Segelfliehen and Eisgolfen. BMX Kurs and Eine Jugendsportpark?
Original post by abbeyizzie
did everyone think it was a tough paper or not?

I thought the last question in the listening was hard (parenting) and the last question in the reading (holidays in the alps), I did the alcohol essay however I may have gone off the question. I mainly wrote about why people drink alcohol, and the effects on society?? I think I used ..dass, ..+verb, quite a few times though and ich muss betonen dass... twice :frown: Overall it was okay a bit harder than some practise ones though.

Anyone any idea on grade boundaries??
xxx
I actually did the Kino one! It was my subject for my speaking. Really worried....
And I definitely got verb endings wrong! And I didn't understand most of the speaking urgh I'm so stupid :frown:
Original post by megssss!
I definitely got:

Bauer,

Kunstschnee,
dichter als normal Schnee,
Agrotouismus
Natur
i think
But for the second one i put something about them working in hotels and stuff...

Yesss, I put something about hotels too
and Storm and Wasser-dicter als normal Schnee
Agrotourisms
Can't remember what the last question was?
Original post by aMBITIOUS :)
I thought the last question in the listening was hard (parenting) and the last question in the reading (holidays in the alps), I did the alcohol essay however I may have gone off the question. I mainly wrote about why people drink alcohol, and the effects on society?? I think I used ..dass, ..+verb, quite a few times though and ich muss betonen dass... twice :frown: Overall it was okay a bit harder than some practise ones though.

Anyone any idea on grade boundaries??
xxx

I think grade boundaries are gonna be high as loads of people seem to have found it okay :/
Reply 78
The grade boundaries are always mega high anyway
Original post by Kathiye
That was the general gist I picked up from it (I wrote something similar) but I honestly don't know; it could be something completely different! xD

In response to your other question, I put 'wird'. I was tempted to put werden, but then I realised that it was 'laut ...', meaning according to (or something like that) for the plural word. I THINK that the actual subject was something else, which was singular.

...I have a feeling that that made no sense.

Edit: Did anyone else get brachte on one of the grammar questions? I think that I just made it up, for the bringen one.

I put gebracht as I thought it was a past tense q. First question was awful, and the one about the friendship with Cornelius, Pascal, Daniel (?) and Tom was hard. So was the Werbung too, come to think of it. Awful, awful exam for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending