The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening and Reading

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khronus
Listening was easy, reading was hard.
i had no idea what to do on the last page. :s-smilie:

nooooo sooo the other wayyy the listening was soo hard!!!!!!
I don't know. I think the grade boundaries for the listening will be very low as i'm full ums so far for french and it was solid. Everyone at our school aiming for A*s found it solid. Reading was piece of piss tho
Reply 22
Original post by king_revision
I don't know. I think the grade boundaries for the listening will be very low as i'm full ums so far for french and it was solid. Everyone at our school aiming for A*s found it solid. Reading was piece of piss tho

I need 102 UMS from the listening and reading to get my A* so I don't know :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by elizanissim
I need 102 UMS from the listening and reading to get my A* so I don't know :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, how do you calculate what UMS you need??
I've got:
Speaking: 26/30 & 26/30
and Writing: 27/30 & 28/30
what is each unit out of ums???
Reply 25
Original post by cookiesncream123
what is each unit out of ums???

90 for speaking
90 for writing
60 for listening
60 for reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
i agree, the reading was piss easy but the listening was a joke.
I thought the listening was alright! I'm a bit worried though because I'm the only one in my school AND that I've seen online (here and twitter) that thought so. The reading was brill!
Original post by Toriar
Yeah she spilled coke and the secretary died of laughter or something? That's what I put anyway.
And the other one was that there was a person with short hair at the ice cream store that she runs and she thought it was a man but it was a woman.

I just about managed to get those 2 but the last 1 I had no idea so I just made a guess :P

How did you even get thoe answers i've lost all marks on that question. Definitely won'y get an A now :frown:
I need 90 for A* overall
I found the reading really good but the was listening horrible - especially the embarrassing moments section. Also, during our listening, the recording stopped twice and we had to wait 20 minutes altogether in order for the problem to be fixed. Oh well...at least everyone else seems to have found the listening hard so hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too high.
Reply 31
Original post by AndyChow
For the last embarrassing one I got he made a funny impression of the boss.
Any one have ideas of the school 50 years ago? Mine is DG,EA
As for that Neoline girl I put ABAB which doesn't seems convincing.

I put that! and then the boss walked in or something!
Reply 32
Anyone know the unofficial mark scheme for higher tier???
ahhh reading was okkay apprt from that olympics question :/ thee nettoie girl one was really hard to ! what did everone get for her? i pu sigle parent, she wants to leave school at 17, got kicked out and also that the argumets always ended in tears. What did everyone else put?
Reply 34
Woo! My teacher did an unofficial mark scheme. I was moved to higher on the day. I went through her mark scheme and think i got 35/45! :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by Tig5er
Woo! My teacher did an unofficial mark scheme. I was moved to higher on the day. I went through her mark scheme and think i got 35/45! :biggrin:

Is this AQA? Can you remember anything from it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
i found the reading fine but the listening was hard- the embarrassing moments were something about coke and ice cream? the one on the back page was hard too, i got Help the homeless ad school education reforms? anyone else? x
Reply 37
Original post by izzzyyay
i found the reading fine but the listening was hard- the embarrassing moments were something about coke and ice cream? the one on the back page was hard too, i got Help the homeless ad school education reforms? anyone else? x

I messed up embarrassing moments... Think I got like 1/8... How embarrassing! (so funny).
And I got homeless and elderly for back page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by elizanissim
Is this AQA? Can you remember anything from it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! But remind me what the first question was on :-)
Reply 39
Original post by Tig5er
Yes! But remind me what the first question was on :-)

Towns!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending