The Student Room Group

AQA AS German Unit 1 14/05/2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by William24
One of the questions said 'Who helped arrange the courses' which would have been the Sportclubs in the city. Then the question after was 'Who had this thereby helped' or something along those lines (sorry if I've translated them wrong and this would be the reason I found the question so hard :P), which the answer would then be the Judgendliche. BUT on the CD it talked about the Judgendliche first and then went on to talk about the Sportclubs. So by AQA logic and the way all of the previous past papers have been, that should be impossible because in readings and listening, questions are supposed to run in order that they appear in the text. Maybe I just over complicated it myself, who knows.

I was confused too
I put Jugendliche first then in der stadt in mulreich??
Reply 81
Original post by megssss!
Yeah, I know! I did the Alkohol one, which one did you pick?

Alkohol, my dream essay because our teacher wrote 2 essays for us so I had lots to talk about
It was between that and ehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by jupiter125
I put gebracht as I thought it was a past tense q. First question was awful, and the one about the friendship with Cornelius, Pascal, Daniel (?) and Tom was hard. So was the Werbung too, come to think of it. Awful, awful exam for me

What did you get for the Werbung one? I think I wrote Fitnessstudio, Restaurant, Cosmetic product then I can't remember what the last one was...

Hopefully it wasn't too bad? I've no idea what the grade boundaries are going to be like. :s-smilie:
Reply 83
One of the questions said 'Who helped arrange the courses' which would have been the Sportclubs in the city. Then the question after was 'Who had this thereby helped' or something along those lines (sorry if I've translated them wrong and this would be the reason I found the question so hard :P), which the answer would then be the Judgendliche. BUT on the CD it talked about the Judgendliche first and then went on to talk about the Sportclubs. So by AQA logic and the way all of the previous past papers have been, that should be impossible because in readings and listening, questions are supposed to run in order that they appear in the text. Maybe I just over complicated it myself, who knows.

I put that the town of whatever it was called arranged the courses, with the Sportvereine helping.
Reply 84
For the Talkshow one I got true for starting in September, true for wanting to appeal younger audience. False for already having younger views and n/a for the cost. False about asking the viewers questions because it said about asking the studio-audience questions. N/A for the advertising and then true for the last one because it said that he hoped for more than 1 million viewers, and he talked about how as a News Station they contacted over 1 million viewers and he hopes they achieve this again or do better or something.

I put 150 Sportclubs and 40,000 participants (think it said viertig). Segelfliehen and Eisgolfen. BMX Kurs and Eine Jugendsportpark?

Only a couple of mistakes then, thanks I feel much better now!
Reply 85
Original post by amy.2209
What did you get for the Werbung one? I think I wrote Fitnessstudio, Restaurant, Cosmetic product then I can't remember what the last one was...

Hopefully it wasn't too bad? I've no idea what the grade boundaries are going to be like. :s-smilie:

I had Fitness Studio, Restaurant, Dentist or something, Cosmetic Product and I can't remember the others
Reply 86

I got so confused on this one, since for a while I thought Atem meant air. "Schlecte Atem? What?" But then I realised that it meant breath, so it then made a lot more sense; it was the dentist.
Reply 87
Original post by Kathiye
I put that the town of whatever it was called arranged the courses, with the Sportvereine helping.

Ahh makes sense thanks :smile: I began to get really frustrated and changed question to stop wasting my time :tongue:
Reply 88
I had Fitness Studio, Restaurant, Dentist or something, Cosmetic Product and I can't remember the others

That was it, I'm pretty sure there were only four adverts. What did you write for the question about the experts' views on good parenting? I think I wrote something about loving children being the most important thing and not giving in to their every wish but I'm not sure how specific the mark scheme will be.
Reply 89
That was it, I'm pretty sure there were only four adverts. What did you write for the question about the experts' views on good parenting? I think I wrote something about loving children being the most important thing and not giving in to their every wish but I'm not sure how specific the mark scheme will be.

Love is the most important thing

Don't give in to them all the time

Reply 90

I put:
1. Don't spoil them
2. Give them love.

I don't know how strict they'll be on the translations, but we seem to have pretty similar answers.
Te friendship one I only got Daniel as one of my answers once which seemed a bit odd??? I think it was the second or third one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Kathiye
I put:
1. Don't spoil them
2. Give them love.

I don't know how strict they'll be on the translations, but we seem to have pretty similar answers.

I found those last two questions on that section quite difficult. For the two outcomes I put the daughter got a mobile and the mum had no more stress/arguments but I think that was wrong :P
Reply 93

Hopefully they won't mind my awkward wording! What did you think was the hardest question?
Original post by Kathiye
I put:
1. Don't spoil them
2. Give them love.

They're definitely right as I checked in a dictionary straight after the exam for the 'don't spoil them' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Hopefully they won't mind my awkward wording! What did you think was the hardest question?

The Freundschaft one, what about you?
Reply 96
I found those last two questions on that section quite difficult. For the two outcomes I put the daughter got a mobile and the mum had no more stress/arguments but I think that was wrong :P

I wrote the daughter was happy- I think I heard 'zufrieden'- and that Stefanie (sp?) got some peace - "Ruhe" was in there somewhere.
Reply 97
The fashion one was hard too
Reply 98
I wrote the daughter was happy- I think I heard 'zufrieden'- and that Stefanie (sp?) got some peace - "Ruhe" was in there somewhere.

Oh wait I put the daughter had freedom, I'm still wrong :tongue:
Reply 99

The Freundschaft one, what about you?

Probably the same, I've no idea how I did on the grammar though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending