The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shelj
what was the answer to the calculation one i got 0.667? (3sf)

yep, 2/3.
[QUOTE="the1akshay;42614489"]
Original post by Captain Anonymous

No, for b i they meant the composition of the blood. The answer was that in the artery (F) the blood is deoxygenated and under high pressure, but in the vein (H?) the blood was oxygenated and under relatively low pressure.

It was only a two marker so saying just oxygenated and deoxygenated would get you the marks
Original post by Quantaˌ
No idea. It might be around 52 for an A*. I found it alright: some of it was easy but some of it I wasn't sure so I wrote everything I knew hoping to get the mark.

I think most people were surprised by the paper and it is the first one so grade boundaries might be low. I guess it's upto the mark scheme- hoping it's not like the specimen.

Luckily, I only need 89 UMS for an A* overall so I'm pretty sure I'll get that...

I doubt the boundaries will be so high, I think 46 A* 38A 32B 26C then like 10-25 D Anything below idk
Reply 1523
I thought that the difference in composition of the blood was only a 1 mark question?
Reply 1524
Original post by shelj
what was the answer to the calculation one i got 0.667? (3sf)

i definately got that wrong i wrote 42 i don't remember how i got it though :mad:
Reply 1525
If I wrote 0.6 instead of 0.67 but had working would I get the mark?
And for the tadpole question I wrote about X increasing surface area and was thin for short diffusion path, it being streamlined and had holes at the front so it's ventilated for gas exchange would I get all the marks or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1526
Original post by Jennym5
I thought that the difference in composition of the blood was only a 1 mark question?

One was de-oxygenated and one was oxygenated
Original post by MightyJoeD
Actually I thought it was OKAY, but I missed the last 2 pages as I ran out of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

After talking about the first page i would have got 6 marks on it, and the rest i found easy except the last question, but i think i may have got most of the marks
i'm really starting to panic now about the grade boundaries, what does everyone think?
Attention

I'm starting the unofficial mark scheme for this test. Please submit any answers you remember to this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2351258&p=42616524#post42616524

I'll estimate some grade boundaries once we get most of the answers...
Original post by CaSeSeNsItIvE
i'm really starting to panic now about the grade boundaries, what does everyone think?

They will be low. Maybe 31 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rugbybeast
After talking about the first page i would have got 6 marks on it, and the rest i found easy except the last question, but i think i may have got most of the marks

Was the last question about the veins? I think it had to do w insulin and glucagon and stuff. I nearly died when I was reading the names of the two veins
Reply 1532
Im soo happy about the 6 marker i found it really easy :smile: in the first question i made a silly mistake by writing pulmonary vein instead of aorta *beating myself up* but that was only 1 mark (but 1 mark can be a difference of a grade so i hope it didn't affect it too much)
For the six mark question I put:

The advantages of using factory farming is that it can produce a lot of yield. This is because restricting movement, controlling temperature and reducing the number of stages in a food chain contributes to less energy been wasted. Therefore the less energy wasted, the higher the yield and the higher the profit. The disadvantages is that the animals will have a low quality of life and they will be many ethical reason behind it, for example many people many think that it will be cruel to restrict movement as it is taking away their freedom. Also a disease can spread rapidly if one caught one.

How many marks you think I got?
I think 49 will be A*, with 55 being 100 UMS
The exam was alright, some of the questions i had no idea what they wanted us to write about like the TADPOLE one!?
That was the answer to the tadpole question? omg, that one threw me completely
Original post by shibucool
For the six mark question I put:

The advantages of using factory farming is that it can produce a lot of yield. This is because restricting movement, controlling temperature and reducing the number of stages in a food chain contributes to less energy been wasted. Therefore the less energy wasted, the higher the yield and the higher the profit. The disadvantages is that the animals will have a low quality of life and they will be many ethical reason behind it, for example many people many think that it will be cruel to restrict movement as it is taking away their freedom. Also a disease can spread rapidly if one caught one.

How many marks you think I got?

Probably about 5, at least.
Original post by MightyJoeD
They will be low. Maybe 31 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

38 for an A I reckon, they wont be that low or that high
Reply 1538
Original post by Kat187
One was de-oxygenated and one was oxygenated

for that one i put that one contained oxygen and the other carbon dioxide, is that a mark?
You were also meant to describe what factory farming actually IS so like 4/5 out of 6, since you did mention the restriction of movement

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending