The Student Room Group

What are the chances pulling during freshers week.

Don't Neg me for asking this, Im a guy who is single and im pretty sure 99% of guys will be thinking the same thing. So what are the chances of getting with? Or taking a girl home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably not nearly as high as you are expecting.

I'm not even sure how you measure the probability of this.

EDIT: SO MANY NEGS IN THIS THREAD.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Very high
If i pulled in freshers week then you certainly can!
Depends on many, many factors, my friend.

For example, if you were to find your new room, unpack your suitcase, arrange your china ornaments on the windowsill, email your parents to tell them you've arrived safely and tuck yourself up in bed at 6pm sharp...then your chances of finding a young woman would be very, very low...possibly almost nil...unless she knocked on your door asking for directions and was overcome by your charm...

If you were to head straight out on the town without even checking out your new pad, hell maybe you even leave your suitcase in the street somewhere, and you hit all the coolest bars and drink as much as you possibly can...then if you were to lie naked in the middle of the road at midnight, drunk as a skunk, with a "**** me" written on your chest in black marker pen...then, again, your chances would be low...

What you need is a happy medium, a peak of a bell curve, a nice slice of middle pie. You need to unpack your stuff, meet a few people and then go out for a few drinks. You need to be polite and kind and make sure that you don't look at every young woman as a sex toy/sex object/sex doll/something to "take home"/something to "get with." Instead, you should meet as many young women as you can until you find one that wants the same sort of relationship as you do...then you'll both be happy...

So, in short, if you're polite/courteous and you don't go hunting around like a sex-crazy chauvinist, then you will meet lots of women.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
It depends on where you are. Or maybe it doesn't actually. I'd say pretty high chances but don't be surprised if you put no work in and get nothing out :smile:
Reply 6
Really depends on the amount of whores that are around. That is the truth. You may get lucky if there are a lot, and the boy girl ratio is in favour of the boys. But if there are a lot of desperate boys like you around, your chances would be pretty low.
Reply 7
Hrmm... I lived with 7 other girls in halls my first year last time around ... most of whom were loose-legged the rest of the year and none of them put out at freshers as we were all too busy trying to build on our "girly housemate bonding" time. So .. if all the girls in your city are similar to us, not that much of a chance.

There's always the chance of someone being out-of-their-mind drunk and still being able to walk. So I say your chances are slim to slight.

That being said, pretty dumb question seeing as Uni is more about what you put into it than what you put into someone else. So, easy tiger. :wink:
Reply 8
pulling = high
taking home = depends
Reply 9
if u want to pull make sure u treat girls with respect and if u do pull dont go telling everyone after especially dont "name and shame her for being a slut" , girls want sex at uni too but if they get that sort of double standard treatment it puts them off and other girls will hear about what u said about her or that u told everyoen everything and then other girls will avoid u too , if girls realise that ur discrete about it u will probably get more girls come on to u cos they want sex
ithink there will be alot of girls who wat till after freshers to have sex with anyone so that they can work out whod give them a bad rep for doing it
sounds obvious bu there alot of guys who don realise this !
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Carpediemxx
If i pulled in freshers week then you certainly can!

That's the spirit :smile:
Original post by usernme_
if u want to pull make sure u treat girls with respect and if u do pull dont go telling everyone after especially dont "name and shame her for being a slut" , girls want sex at uni too but if they get that sort of double standard treatment it puts them off and other girls will hear about what u said about her or that u told everyoen everything and then other girls will avoid u too , if girls realise that ur discrete about it u will probably get more girls come on to u cos they want sex
ithink there will be alot of girls who wat till after freshers to have sex with anyone so that they can work out whod give them a bad rep for doing it
sounds obvious bu there alot of guys who don realise this !

Makes sense :smile: thanks
Reply 12
Original post by BingTaoBing
Depends on many, many factors, my friend.

For example, if you were to find your new room, unpack your suitcase, arrange your china ornaments on the windowsill, email your parents to tell them you've arrived safely and tuck yourself up in bed at 6pm sharp...then your chances of finding a young woman would be very, very low...possibly almost nil...unless she knocked on your door asking for directions and was overcome by your charm...

If you were to head straight out on the town without even checking out your new pad, hell maybe you even leave your suitcase in the street somewhere, and you hit all the coolest bars and drink as much as you possibly can...then if you were to lie naked in the middle of the road at midnight, drunk as a skunk, with a "**** me" written on your chest in black marker pen...then, again, your chances would be low...

What you need is a happy medium, a peak of a bell curve, a nice slice of middle pie. You need to unpack your stuff, meet a few people and then go out for a few drinks. You need to be polite and kind and make sure that you don't look at every young woman as a sex toy/sex object/sex doll/something to "take home"/something to "get with." Instead, you should meet as many young women as you can until you find one that wants the same sort of relationship as you do...then you'll both be happy...

So, in short, if you're polite/courteous and you don't go hunting around like a sex-crazy chauvinist, then you will meet lots of women.

Thank u man for making me laugh so hard today

Posted from TSR Mobile
P(Pulling in freshers week)=0.
Pretty easy to be fair so many girls who are lost. Just be weary dont go to a bunch of girls who have already found their "true" friends. Also dont go with the dick direct approach, play the oh what course are you studying? where are good places to go? where are you living :wink:
Reply 15
Depends really, if you can normally pull then the chances are decent. Though based on what happened around me people tended to pull more from about halfway through the year. Freshers was less a time of pulling and more a time of getting to know who your mates are, meeting new people. That said, Freshers is a great time to set up potential lays/relationships to pursue, because it's the one time when everyone is getting to know each other, giving lots of people their number, still wanting to show off where they live and have house parties etc.
Reply 16
Original post by Bill_Gates
Pretty easy to be fair so many girls who are lost. Just be weary dont go to a bunch of girls who have already found their "true" friends. Also dont go with the dick direct approach, play the oh what course are you studying? where are good places to go? where are you living :wink:

The real Bill Gates wouldn't even need to ask questions :colonhash:

But yeah, I'm sure there's a chance, OP. I can't say for definite but good luck on your quest :moon:
Original post by eliza.anne
The real Bill Gates wouldn't even need to ask questions :colonhash:

But yeah, I'm sure there's a chance, OP. I can't say for definite but good luck on your quest :moon:

Marry me? this is the direct approach OP watch and learn.
Reply 18
Original post by Bill_Gates
Marry me? this is the direct approach OP watch and learn.

Only without a prenup :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.anne
Only without a prenup :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since you pulled that face, fine. So where do i insert my floppy drive :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest