The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by ljh950912
When will the mark scheme be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Official markscheme should be released to teachers around the end of July (correct me if I'm wrong).

EDIT: Corrected by Arsey above.
Reply 261
Original post by ljh950912
When will the mark scheme be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

towards result day
Original post by Jatom
I think I got 15.45 something and rounded to 15.5. But I would say, from all the papers I've done, that 15 is definitely right.

If it was 15.45 then 2sf is 15 which is perfectly fine. If g is involved in the calculation they only accept 2sf, 3sf or answers left in terms of g
Hello anyone ... i accidently put 25g as mass for question 6a (i) ... Can u tell me how many marks i will lose. Also do u think 74/75 will be 100ums .. Pls reply.
Original post by richardbrand0902
Hey, For the lift one I stupidly put the lift as accelerating with magnitude 2ms^2 on both parts how many marks would i lose and would i get e.c.f if i did all the right working with it accelerating? also on question 7 c ii) I got the wrong answer, how many marks is this worth? and finally for 8 c) i got the wrong bearing but the magnitude correct. How many marks would I lose for each of these? thanks

I did exactly that for the lift question! I felt so stupid.
around 63 for an A I would say.
Reply 266
Original post by outsider95
If it was 15.45 then 2sf is 15 which is perfectly fine. If g is involved in the calculation they only accept 2sf, 3sf or answers left in terms of g

if g was involved and you dindt put it down you will definitely loose the final A1 mark but possibly more but i could be wrong :s
Reply 267
Original post by usycool1
Fair enough. :tongue:

It is a bit silly I think!

Honestly, I think it's silly... I don't think I deserve the marks.. But i won't complain for now :wink:
Reply 268
Q6ai HELP:

I messed up the start of this question so much i couldn't come to a reasonable answer. I tried to use simultaneous equations but i must have gone wrong somewhere. In the end i guessed an answer so that i could go onto the next part of the question. The value i guessed was 20kg, instead of 25.

I used the correct method in the next parts but obviously i won't get the accuracy marks. Can anyone guess what kind of marks i'll get / lose for this? Thanks
Reply 269
Hey I messed up question 2 of the paper. I read that the lift accelerates at 2ms-2 instead of decelerates. I did all the working with this value correctly, would I lose all the marks out of 6 for this question?
Reply 270
On that paper the grade boundaries I would say are:
100 ums - 74
90ums - 68
80 ums - 62
70 ums - 56

Just what I think, at the end of the day what does it matter lol ... How the overall normal distribution of our marks turn out is what actually determines the boundaries :colondollar:
Reply 271
Original post by ady_101
Hey I messed up question 2 of the paper. I read that the lift accelerates at 2ms-2 instead of decelerates. I did all the working with this value correctly, would I lose all the marks out of 6 for this question?

you will get the method marks providing there no mistake in the method but you will loose the Acurracy /answers marks
Reply 272
Original post by mikeabc
you will get the method marks providing there no mistake in the method but you will loose the Acurracy /answers marks

ok thanks :smile:
Original post by mikeabc
if g was involved and you dindt put it down you will definitely loose the final A1 mark but possibly more but i could be wrong :s

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean, but I know what I said was definitely right, look at previous mark schemes.
Reply 274
Nice, dropped 30 odd marks. There goes my A in Maths
Hey,
I have attached a picture of what I wrote for question 2b. I got it wrong, the answer is actually 390 N. I was just wondering if I will get any method marks for it. Could someone tell me please, it would be very helpful.

Thank you
M1 - question 2b.png
Original post by mikeabc

No, that's not true. You're not required to leave your answers in terms of g unless explicitly told otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
Original post by lebron_23
No, that's not true. You're not required to leave your answers in terms of g unless explicitly told otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it IS fine to leave it in terms of g isn't it?
Original post by Kurraiyo
But it IS fine to leave it in terms of g isn't it?

Yes of course it is, it makes things look much neater. Not to mention the fact that's its way more accurate. You'll be fine either way, as long as (if you didn't leave it in terms of g) you gave it to a suitable number of decimal places and not a ridiculous amount.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to an average school, and the vast majority of people found this paper difficult as the questions were very different from past paper questions. For example the vector question. Additionally, bear in mind that some people had a C1 exam just before/after this exam. I am predict the grade boundaries to be low. A-56 B-48 C-41 D-35 E-28

Quick Reply