The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FuzzySheep
:hugs: :hugs: That sounds awful :frown: Have you ever spoken to anyone about this? :frown:

Keep trying, every minute you can do it, you're eventually pushing it away :hugs:

I've seen therapists on and off for years they never help. I've got in with a good one but it's a four month wait, which is a pisstake really :frown: She thinks I have PTSD as well as bipolar, so at least this is better than "oh it's not that bad" which is what's been said to me before. I just wish I could stop the anxiety
Original post by IDukem
I know right, it always lifts my spirits a bit reading nice messages :h:

I'm not worried about it no more, i'm just worried about my coursework now :redface: haha.

Haha it's all right :h: Thanks anyway even if I don't know why you would rep back though :tongue:

It's an ace hashtag isn't it big sis :wink: We have different problems but have the same mentality of believing so it's a perfect hashtag for us :h: #TeamIBelieve

It does indeed :smile: :hugs: thanks guys for all your lovely messages!

Haha well you got through this exam.. I'm pretty sure you can get your coursework done too :smile: just think.. Come Friday and it'll all be over! :h:

I thought that was the norm! :colondollar: hahahahaha! If someone reps you do you not rep back out of courtesy or am I just making this up hahaha! I don't know okay haha.. I thought I'd be kind :tongue:

It is indeed an ace hashtag! We should so get this trending in here :yep: #TeamIBelieve!

Original post by ANONYM00SE
PRSOM :frown:

THAT'S AWESOMEEEEEE! Well done! Told you you're awesome :tongue: Wooooooooo! :woo: I'm so pleased for you and also so proud of you!
You should definitely be proud of herself!

Thanks soooo much hun :h: means a lot :hugs: nah I'm no awesome at all haha. I'll be proud of myself once I mange to eat the 3 meals tomorrow :tongue: here's hoping I actually can do it :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
:jumphug: I understand, though if things get worse I would definitely reach out to her, it's good there's someone at least :console: I wish I knew what suggest. Are you on meds for anxiety? :hugs: Try and keep your breathing under control if you can :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :hugs: I'm not, I have bipolar and I spoke to my GP about anxiety meds after diazepam made me feel no worries for the first time in years, but he said other than benzodiazepines there's nothing for anxiety. Betablockers won't work in me because I'm asthmatic :frown:
Original post by superwolf

Remind me if you're getting help for your MH problems? Sounds like you've got some serious guilt going on with regards to eating, and hopefully if you can deal with that a bit life will get a lot easier for you. :smile:

no, i'm not :frown: haven't managed to build up the courage to go/whenever i'm on the brink of going, something clicks in my head which makes me believe i'm not worth helping. either that or a friend ends up going to the doctors for MH problems, which then makes me not really want to go and ask for help for fear of being branded a copy cat or an attention seeker, which has actually happened the last couple of times! i personally think i have more problems with anxiety and food but then depression kinda follows it as a result, so i've been working on distraction techniques and stuff myself.

Spoiler

Original post by -FireFlies-
Yay a Scottish person!!! :five: :ninja: but yeah I agree it was so weird today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ninja: not technically a scot :ninja: just go to uni here :ninja:

i'm actually a southerner :tongue:
Life sucks.

My life is toxic.
Reply 345
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Thanks :hugs: I'm not, I have bipolar and I spoke to my GP about anxiety meds after diazepam made me feel no worries for the first time in years, but he said other than benzodiazepines there's nothing for anxiety. Betablockers won't work in me because I'm asthmatic :frown:

Oh hun, really sorry to hear all of that :jumphug: That absolutely sucks. :console: I wish I could be of more use, I really do. How are you doing at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
Original post by -FireFlies-
It does indeed :smile: :hugs: thanks guys for all your lovely messages!

Haha well you got through this exam.. I'm pretty sure you can get your coursework done too :smile: just think.. Come Friday and it'll all be over! :h:

I thought that was the norm! :colondollar: hahahahaha! If someone reps you do you not rep back out of courtesy or am I just making this up hahaha! I don't know okay haha.. I thought I'd be kind :tongue:

It is indeed an ace hashtag! We should so get this trending in here :yep: #TeamIBelieve!

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, i'm getting through it right now!! I just need to one little bit of help form my lecturer about something and then i'm done :smile: I still have more coursework to do, but they're not as long or as hard as the two I had/am doing right now so i'll still feel relieved :h:

I don't know what's the norm any more to be honest haha, I just go with the flow :tongue: I don't know who reps me so I don't but if someone did tell me, i'll more than likely would rep them back :smile: If someone repped me but they posted 'I have a really bad tummy ache' i'm not going to rep that post cause it looks like i'd be repping the that they have a tummy ache :tongue: Thank you anyway :lovehug:

For sure!! If we ever feel down, stressed etc., I propose we use this hashtag #TeamIBelieve :h:
Original post by 08batee
Oh hun, really sorry to hear all of that :jumphug: That absolutely sucks. :console: I wish I could be of more use, I really do. How are you doing at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's annoying as all things seem to contraindicate. I'm slightly better, it keeps coming and going, it's like an ongoing panic attack. Been like this for a week, really hope it stops soon. I've tried Kalms which seem to help a bit and the sleeping ones, otherwise I stay awake till about 4am :frown:
Reply 348
Original post by Team_McDreamy

Woo go Southerner!! :tongue:
Reply 349
It's annoying as all things seem to contraindicate. I'm slightly better, it keeps coming and going, it's like an ongoing panic attack. Been like this for a week, really hope it stops soon. I've tried Kalms which seem to help a bit and the sleeping ones, otherwise I stay awake till about 4am :frown:

Glad you're a little bit better, at least :console: Have you got a favourite film you could watch maybe? Or take a bath? Listen to some calming music? I'm aware these are all sort of trivial things which probably won't help much, but maybe combined they could help keep things under control? Kalms is quite good actually :hugs: Have you tried different sort of teas, maybe? Some are meant to be quite calming I think? I feel your pain about not sleeping though, it's absolutely awful :console: makes everything worse :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iron Lady
If you don't mind me asking, what happened? :frown:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by 08batee
Glad you're a little bit better, at least :console: Have you got a favourite film you could watch maybe? Or take a bath? Listen to some calming music? I'm aware these are all sort of trivial things which probably won't help much, but maybe combined they could help keep things under control? Kalms is quite good actually :hugs: Have you tried different sort of teas, maybe? Some are meant to be quite calming I think? I feel your pain about not sleeping though, it's absolutely awful :console: makes everything worse :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of putting a comedy on or something, silly like the inbetweeners movie or something. They do help, they sort of keep it at bay. They seem better than nothing, which is good. I wanted to try St Johns Wort but info seems to suggest it interacts with Mirena, so I can't take it. Yeah it's really annoying, I worry a lot at night so I can't sleep. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid

Spoiler

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

We have a sign on our front door saying no cold callers, no door to door sales, no religious callers etc. Just thought I'd give you the idea. Whilst we did feel bad at first, my mum and I both have depression/other non MH illnesses and it's a pain in the ass to be hassled.
Original post by 08batee
I hope so, it might be nice to have a female too :yes: :hugs:

Eeek! Men are so hard to buy for! :tongue: Short of an x box game I wouldn't know what to suggest :lol: :tongue:
I think a nice card is one of the best gifts someone can give though, actually :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will definitely be nice to have a female :yep: At least I hope. Psychotherapist women back in November was a megabitch. Don't want some noobface like her :no:

You're right, he can just have a card :yep:

Hope new meds and new psych are good for you :jumphug: How are you doing? Thank you for your posts, I'm really grateful.

I emailed my department various times about the exam (which was at 5pm) and they replied to me at 6pm. And all they did was just give me forms to fill out that I already have. I told my personal tutor and he's being nice about things. Had to do the exam in the end, went horrendously. Just feel like a huge failure at the moment, like I'm faulty.

Oh what noobfaces (your department, not you)! :mad: I'm really sorry you had to do the exam in the end. Do your first year marks go towards your degree? You're not a failure at all - the failures are all these people who have let you down through their inattentiveness and inefficiency :sadnod:

Original post by asdfgah
Trying to work is just draining me so much. Feel like maybe I'm not well enough to be here doing my degree atm, but I'm also SO close to the end of the year and I don't want to have to do it all again. So I'm trying. It's just like as I'm writing the essay all the energy from my brain is seeping out all over the paper and I'm all wobbly and barely standing up as it is so by the end I might just be all collapsed from the effort. It shouldn't take so much effort to do this and it's worrying me cos I thought I was doing better and now I'm wondering if I'm slipping back deeper into the depressive episode. Been at moderate for a couple of weeks and I don't wanna get all severe again but my voice is slowing down and my appetite has gone which are bad signs. It doesn't make sense though. I swear when you get better you're meant to travel up in a vaguely straight line not all oscillate and wobble all over the place and keep slipping back down again (even though my therapist did say that's how she expected it to go. So I guess I should have listened to the voice of experience). Bleh.

:console: :hugs: :console:

Original post by Sabertooth
When they discharged me it was to my GP - took me 8 months to get rereferred to a psychiatrist, was completely ridiculous. So well done for speaking up, hope your new doctor's nice. What's the new drug?

Thanks. I dunno that he'll actually give me the new psychiatrist, he said he'd "look into it" and Lord knows what that actually means knowing him :s-smilie: He was like "you've been doing OK without having a care team though" and I was like "that's what you think :nothing: ".

Wow, 8 months to get rereferred? That's insane :s-smilie: Though that was in the States, right? I'd hope my GP would make an emergency referral if it was needed, though I do think/hope the worst of my psychosis is long gone :yes:

It's... *runs off to Google to figure out how to spell it* Venlafaxine. I'm starting on a low dose in addition to the Sertraline and aripiprazole and if we find it's doing good things/not doing any harm, I'll be weaned off the Sertraline and put properly onto the Venlafaxine :yes:
superwolf
boredom

Oh, certainly - it's unbearable sometimes! I find myself doing the daftest things just to pass the time.
****ing parents...

my mum is like really struggling with arthritis but rather than applying for DLA and stuff like she should she is overworking herself and comes home most nights looking like she's about to keel over :frown: I help out when I can but it's hard enough to deal with my own crap, the problem is though if something happens to her I don't know what me and my sister are gonna do :s-smilie:

on top of that I just know if something does happen that all the family and her friends will blame me for being so **** and not being able to help out more or work or whatever :frown:

urgh. I hate my life. I just want to be well and my mum to be well but that CAN'T happen can it, too much to ask for clearly.

sometimes I just want to find somewhere to run away to and hide from life...
Reply 356
Original post by PonchoKid

Spoiler

:frown: Oh, that must have been really difficult and I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling. I sympathise too because it happened when you were at home and you want to feel safe/comfortable. :console:
I'm thinking of putting a comedy on or something, silly like the inbetweeners movie or something. They do help, they sort of keep it at bay. They seem better than nothing, which is good. I wanted to try St Johns Wort but info seems to suggest it interacts with Mirena, so I can't take it. Yeah it's really annoying, I worry a lot at night so I can't sleep. :frown:

I take melatonin, but don't really find it works. I used to take Zyprexa for anxiety, and found that, while it didn't help my anxiety, it helped me sleep! Alas, I was sleeping too much, so they took me off it...

As far as over-the-counter things go, things with diphenhydramine work for me. Nytol has some, but you can get stronger diphenhydramine on Amazon.
Reply 358
:jumphug: Are you able to communicate to tutors and things about this? And any of the MH support you're getting? The fact you've felt things have been slightly better for even a few weeks is something positive, even if it unfortunately happens you feel yourself slipping again, it's not your fault, it's one of cruel things about depression. If your appetite is gone, do try and stomach something simple like porridge or soup or something, it's so important to try to do the very basics. Not eating can make everything feel 10000x worse, especially with energy, so try and keep some sort of meal time routine it. I know it's hard but I feel positive for you that you've seen an improvement for a few weeks, that's something to give you hope if you do get into a bad period. :hugs: :console:

Thanks a lot hun. I kinda struggle with telling people stuff but I saw the MHA here (who is pretty much acting-CPN for me, since the CMHT said that would be best) and I guess I'll give her an email if everything goes horrible. I'm trying with food, and tbh normally I eat **** all during the day then suddenly hungry in evening to eat All Of The Things, so I'm getting the cals in just not really in the most efficient way (I guess it leaves me with less energy during the day..). I saw my mentor today and I think she was a little worried cos I've only been seeing her in the past month so she hasn't seen me this bad before (not crying or anything emotional, just hard stringing sentences together etc), but there wasn't really much she could do. Everyone seems geared up to support people who are stressed about exams but I'm not stressed about exams, I'm exhausted from flashbacks and really just wanting [Bad Thing]. Which I obviously didn't tell mentor about cos she's not a safe person and even briefly mentioning that flashbacks are being tough made me all tactiley and horrid.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:console: :hugs: :console:

:hugs:

--

Am going a bit flashbacky. Is not so good. Fairly sure I definitely totally can't deal with that right now so anyone with a spare couple of fingers I'd appreciate them being crossed cos I really really really really can't. On a more positive note I've written two essays. Planning one more and a lab report tonight, unless everything goes to pot. Which it may well do.
Original post by Team_McDreamy

Awwww gutted! But hey, your still on our turf :tongue:

How do you like it up here in the cold north :tongue:?

Original post by IDukem
True, i'm getting through it right now!! I just need to one little bit of help form my lecturer about something and then i'm done :smile: I still have more coursework to do, but they're not as long or as hard as the two I had/am doing right now so i'll still feel relieved :h:

I don't know what's the norm any more to be honest haha, I just go with the flow :tongue: I don't know who reps me so I don't but if someone did tell me, i'll more than likely would rep them back :smile: If someone repped me but they posted 'I have a really bad tummy ache' i'm not going to rep that post cause it looks like i'd be repping the that they have a tummy ache :tongue: Thank you anyway :lovehug:

For sure!! If we ever feel down, stressed etc., I propose we use this hashtag #TeamIBelieve :h:

Aw that's good to hear :smile: hope your lecturer gets back to you soon! That's not too bad then :tongue: easy life after this week then eh :smile:

Neither do I tbh :redface: yeah I don't know who reps me either.. But thank you to those who did and you aswell! :lovehug:

:yep: great idea :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest