The Student Room Group

Unofficial AQA Biology Unit 3 GCSE NEW SPEC Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Comp_uter15776
Not much to add but I know that Qn 7 was the hepatic <portal> vein question...

oh, and there was one about why an alcohol producer would want to use fructose vs. glucose/mannatose?

Oh yeah... for that I think I wrote that the rate at which microorganisms make alcohol is greater with fructose compared to the other sugars.
I THINK I wrote this....I don't even remember what the question was...
Reply 41
Original post by Quantaˌ
Could you give me what you wrote? Then I can add it in...

Was Question 4 the one about the iron lung/positive pressure? What did everyone write for it?

Coronary bypass surgery

The heart is stopped from beating and a pumped is used in place for the duration of the procedure. The narrowed section of coronary artery is cut and removed from the surface of the heart. Then, another section of blood vessel (usually from the groin) is cut out and the two ends of the vessel stitched back up. The section of vessel is then taken to the location on the heart and stitched onto the coronary artery. The heart is restarted and the blood should flow as normal.
I wrote the iron lung took up alot of space but the modern one was much more expensive. I doubt they're right
Reply 43
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for the B2 paper?
You're missing a part from question 3, it had three parts
Reply 45
What did everyone put for describe the graph?
Reply 46
Original post by Helena...
What did everyone put for describe the graph?

That the pressure (or thing we were describing) increased to a certain point(i put in the value) and then it decreased back to zero, and the pressure increased and decreased at the same rate as it took 1.2 seconds for each. Not sure if thats completely right though!
Reply 47
Original post by Dannyboy1236
You're missing a part from question 3, it had three parts

What part am I missing? Can you remember?
Quanta I don't want to sound picky but is there any possibility of you maybe being able to add some marks? As in a (4) for Q1? Thanks
Reply 49
Original post by HarryRiley88
Quanta I don't want to sound picky but is there any possibility of you maybe being able to add some marks? As in a (4) for Q1? Thanks

Sure. I can't remember any marks, though. Can you? I'll add them when I get the marks for a few questions...

And what was question 4 about?
Reply 50
Original post by Quantaˌ
What part am I missing? Can you remember?

Was it not the blood vessel E part? I'm not sure if that was the same question though :colondollar:
Reply 51
Original post by HJT513
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for the B2 paper?

Here you go...

Spoiler

Reply 52
Original post by lolface32
Was it not the blood vessel E part? I'm not sure if that was the same question though :colondollar:

Nope. That was question 2...
Reply 53
Is it possible to put the number of marks on the mark scheme?
I'll start
Question 1 (4 Marks)
Question 2a (1 Mark)
Question 2b (1 Mark)
Question 2c (2 Marks could be 3 can't remember)
Question 3a (1 Mark could be 2)
Question 3b (6 Marks)
(edited 10 years ago)
Q1 4 marks
Q2 A - 1, 2B-1 ,2C-2 marks
Q3 Ai -1, aii 2 marks (one for calculation and one for answer I think) 3B 6 marks
Q4 -A= was about the blood vessel question maybe? Artery,capillary and vein 3 marks and part B was about the composition -1 mark
Q5 a- What else does tadpole absorb? I put mineral ions... 1 mark. part B was what else bar movement does adaption X do 2 marks maybe.
I can't remember any others but I'll think about it
Reply 55
Still need answers for Questions 4, 5, 6, and 7...
Reply 56
Do you have to conclude in the 6 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quantaˌ
Still need answers for Questions 4, 5, 6, and 7...

Q4 -A= was about the blood vessel question maybe? Artery,capillary and vein 3 marks and part B was about the composition,the answer was its deoxy in the artery and oxy in the vein-1 mark
Q5 a- What else does tadpole absorb? I put mineral ions... Most probably gonna be oxygen,1 mark.
Reply 58
Original post by BLTontour

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so. It said 'list the advantages and disadvantages'...
Reply 59
Original post by BLTontour

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not 100% sure, I personally didn't do a conclusion since it never said evaluate but others have said you need a conclusion for the full 6 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending