The Student Room Group

What vehicle was you taking your driving lessons in

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BritBoyWonder
Oh wow your with Bill plant ive heard alot of bad things about them but then again i cant really base what ive heard on the whole school.i take it you have a good instructor also how do you manage to juggle two instructors lol are they aware that when your not with one your with the other?

It's like with any franchise, really. They pay for the franchise (the name) but they're self employed. You get good ones, and you get bad ones. My Bill Plant instructor's pretty good - I feel more comfortable with him than my slightly pervy AA instructor.

However, it depends on you too. I can drive pretty well now, so it's not so much them teaching me than me using their car to practise and them pulling me up on errors.

My AA instructor, despite my personal qualms with him, is good. He throws me in the deep end a lot, which helped me learn quickly.

They're aware, yes. I sense the AA instructor is slightly jealous that someone else is getting my money, but what can he say? Haha.
A toyota 1980 model. Then it was latest
Original post by HopefulMidwife
It's like with any franchise, really. They pay for the franchise (the name) but they're self employed. You get good ones, and you get bad ones. My Bill Plant instructor's pretty good - I feel more comfortable with him than my slightly pervy AA instructor.

However, it depends on you too. I can drive pretty well now, so it's not so much them teaching me than me using their car to practise and them pulling me up on errors.

My AA instructor, despite my personal qualms with him, is good. He throws me in the deep end a lot, which helped me learn quickly.

They're aware, yes. I sense the AA instructor is slightly jealous that someone else is getting my money, but what can he say? Haha.

Bill Plant eh? Where about's do you practice? Who knows, I might end up driving past you one of these days :wink:
Original post by James A
Bill Plant eh? Where about's do you practice? Who knows, I might end up driving past you one of these days :wink:

All over! My first lesson with him (about 17 hours into my driving hours), we went down North West London somewhere. Was really cool, especially as it was night time too :wink:

My second lesson, we drove to outside London and I done 70 mph for the first time ever! It was amazing; beautiful, hot sunny morning, driving a beautiful Audi A3 new shape. Felt like a road trip! One of my best driving lessons to date.

We were down Hendon last time, and this week, we're gonna be around Enfield. Obviously going to be staying around there now in prep for the big day.

By the way, the AA guy and I practised that dreaded A10 roundabout that leads to the M25 on Sunday. I was so proud of myself as I done it right this time :-)
All over! My first lesson with him (about 17 hours into my driving hours), we went down North West London somewhere. Was really cool, especially as it was night time too :wink:

My second lesson, we drove to outside London and I done 70 mph for the first time ever! It was amazing; beautiful, hot sunny morning, driving a beautiful Audi A3 new shape. Felt like a road trip! One of my best driving lessons to date.

We were down Hendon last time, and this week, we're gonna be around Enfield. Obviously going to be staying around there now in prep for the big day.

By the way, the AA guy and I practised that dreaded A10 roundabout that leads to the M25 on Sunday. I was so proud of myself as I done it right this time :-)

I see probably two Bill Plant cars every lesson, so if I see one I'll try and overtake it :tongue: :tongue:

Yeah, they all have A3's right?

Nice car to drive? Bet it has a decent amount of power under the bonnet :tongue:
Seat Ibiza, must of been 02/03. If I recall it was a 1.4L.
Mini ONE
Renault Clio 2003 (my own car)
Then my instructor changed to a Fiat500.
Reply 47
used-daewoo-matiz-013657554114884.jpg

This crap bucket.

Yeah i was actually thinking of going with Bill plant on the low mainly because of the audi :wink: but i would feel like im cheating LOL im currently with a private teacher which is really good the thing is whenever we see Bill plant cars he just laughs and insults them LMAO
Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 diesel (I think, I can't remember) during driving lessons and Citroen Saxo 1.0 at home (mum's car). :smile:
Original post by James A
I see probably two Bill Plant cars every lesson, so if I see one I'll try and overtake it :tongue: :tongue:

Yeah, they all have A3's right?

Nice car to drive? Bet it has a decent amount of power under the bonnet :tongue:

Haha, and if you think it's me, wave or something and I'll flash my headlights at you (headlight flashing is such a privilage to me lol)

Yeah, it's an A3. Bloody beauty to drive. Defo has power - the best feeling is coming onto a NSL dual carriageway, pressing down the accelerator and going from about 30 to 70 in seconds. Car accelerates so fast, it excites me!
Reply 51
Original post by Ophelia :)
I learnt in a 3 door petrol Vauxhall Corsa.

Did you find the gear stick really clunky/stiff? I swear I have to ram the damn thing into each position :tongue: and i'll never understand the lifting it up to put it in reverse :confused:
Original post by BritBoyWonder
Yeah i was actually thinking of going with Bill plant on the low mainly because of the audi :wink: but i would feel like im cheating LOL im currently with a private teacher which is really good the thing is whenever we see Bill plant cars he just laughs and insults them LMAO

You totally should :wink:

What car does he have?
Haha, and if you think it's me, wave or something and I'll flash my headlights at you (headlight flashing is such a privilage to me lol)

Yeah, it's an A3. Bloody beauty to drive. Defo has power - the best feeling is coming onto a NSL dual carriageway, pressing down the accelerator and going from about 30 to 70 in seconds. Car accelerates so fast, it excites me!

lol I'll defo try. My instructor discourages me from flashing my headlights, but when we cover some show me tell me questions he's happy for me to use it. Dunno why........

It'll be a black DS3:

The front LED lights are always on when the engine is running.

:tongue:
Original post by James A
lol I'll defo try. My instructor discourages me from flashing my headlights, but when we cover some show me tell me questions he's happy for me to use it. Dunno why........

It'll be a black DS3:

The front LED lights are always on when the engine is running.

:tongue:

Mmm, sexy car :sexface:
Mmm, sexy car :sexface:

:sexface:
Original post by Delphinus
Did you find the gear stick really clunky/stiff? I swear I have to ram the damn thing into each position :tongue: and i'll never understand the lifting it up to put it in reverse :confused:

Yeah, it was a bit stiff, It never minded me much though.
Original post by James A

:sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Spoiler

A VW Golf.
Originally my instructor's Citroen C4, then my Mum's Ford Ka because it was a damned lot more responsive than the Citroen.

Quick Reply

Latest