The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
Omg! Yiri is my favourite too! :smile: lurvvv it!
Yyeaah im learning the key elements for it. :smile: the essays are to help with that. :smile:
Hahaha your teacher is very clever and confident... Mine is panicking like hell.
Ahhh... I'm yet to start memorising the stuff but thanks for the offer! I may message you if im particularly stuck :smile: how do you deal with musical notation questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really practise musical notation questions because I've been fine with them so far and I get given loads to do in my lesson (I'm the only one that takes this subject in my class :colone:)
However, I do have several ideas as to how to tackle them. ^^

Write out the four Handel motifs (and the glory of the lord/ shall be revealed/ and all flesh shall see it together/ for the mouth of the lord hath spoken it)

Write out the first lines of subject 1 and 2 in the Mozart

Write out the melody in the right hand in Chopin in section A, and then the melody in the left hand in section B

Learn the rag desh scale :smile: Just remember it like CD *gap* FG *gap* BC, then starts on B flat and goes down without any gaps

Spoiler

Learning the rhythm of the bass in Bernstein and Electric Counterpoint is a good idea :smile:

Learn the Yiri balafon melody! :biggrin:

Learn the Peripetie clarinet solo (just in case they're cruel enough to ask us this :rolleyes:)

Listen to what a particular interval sounds like so you don't write the wrong note if you're listening to the extract to work it out :smile:

Yep, that's enough for now :tongue:

Oh yah, feel free to PM me if you need more help :biggrin:
Reply 1341
Original post by Vionar
No! If anything, I'd change it to a different eye! I want to keep my eye!
:pierre:change it...if youre not going to change it keep the green eyed one

Original post by Elm Tree
Spoiler was to show that I wasn't really angry at Eduwiz. But I am being sincere Jina!

:pierre:
Original post by Olympiad
Want to talk about it? PM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

meh doesn't need a PM the details are sharable
Original post by Dinasaurus
I remember Dalek, Fish, littletailchaser, the wolf guy, Aurorae and erm..there was this girl. And also Fish's female friend. Ooh and the cat guy from Manchester, it's all a bit fuzzy sorry.

OH REALLY HUH :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1344
Original post by EduWiz
:pierre:change it...if youre not going to change it keep the green eyed one

:pierre:

But what about red eyes! They're just as cool!
Original post by Bluffroom

Aahh, I'm here if you want to talk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1346
Original post by Vionar
But what about red eyes! They're just as cool!

change it let me see.i'll be the judge of that:biggrin:
Reply 1347
Original post by EduWiz
change it let me see.i'll be the judge of that:biggrin:

I can't, not now at least!
Reply 1348
Original post by Vionar
I can't, not now at least!

why not?
Too much is going wrong atm :cry2:

spill the beans Bluff? :console: :hugs:
Reply 1350
Original post by Meliss
I don't really practise musical notation questions because I've been fine with them so far and I get given loads to do in my lesson (I'm the only one that takes this subject in my class :colone:)
However, I do have several ideas as to how to tackle them. ^^

Write out the four Handel motifs (and the glory of the lord/ shall be revealed/ and all flesh shall see it together/ for the mouth of the lord hath spoken it)

Write out the first lines of subject 1 and 2 in the Mozart

Write out the melody in the right hand in Chopin in section A, and then the melody in the left hand in section B

Learn the rag desh scale :smile: Just remember it like CD *gap* FG *gap* BC, then starts on B flat and goes down without any gaps

Spoiler

Learning the rhythm of the bass in Bernstein and Electric Counterpoint is a good idea :smile:

Learn the Yiri balafon melody! :biggrin:

Learn the Peripetie clarinet solo (just in case they're cruel enough to ask us this :rolleyes:)

Listen to what a particular interval sounds like so you don't write the wrong note if you're listening to the extract to work it out :smile:

Yep, that's enough for now :tongue:

Oh yah, feel free to PM me if you need more help :biggrin:

Wooow! :redface: You must be amazing at music!! :/ Girl i'm expecting a C... So i doubt musical notation is at the top of my worries. :/ Music is like my rogue subject. :frown: my lost cause.
But thanks for the ideas! :smile: haha you're so lucky to be good at music. I'm getting Fish to open my results for music lol...

And hi back at you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1351

Talk to us

Problem shared is halved! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1352
Original post by Elm Tree
Spoiler was to show that I wasn't really angry at Eduwiz. But I am being sincere Jina!

Cooool.
Bye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pabblethefish
How did everyone find the biology today? (we can discuss it, it's AQA)

Didn't do it! :woo: #SeperatesOCR
can somebody explain shielding to me ? :/ Chemistry C3 ?
Original post by techno836
can somebody explain shielding to me ? :/ Chemistry C3 ?

Say I had a potassium atom... The pull is less on thr outer electron because the other full shells are blocking the pull
Reply 1356
Original post by EduWiz
why not?

I'm on my kindle, and it would be too much hassle!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Say I had a potassium atom... The pull is less on thr outer electron because the other full shells are blocking the pull

ohh so the other electrons 'shield' the attraction to the outer electron.... making the outer electron easier to lose ?

its just ive never heard the term before :L :smile:
Original post by techno836
ohh so the other electrons 'shield' the attraction to the outer electron.... making the outer electron easier to lose ?

its just ive never heard the term before :L :smile:

Yep! Exactly :smile:
Original post by Jina
Wooow! :redface: You must be amazing at music!! :/ Girl i'm expecting a C... So i doubt musical notation is at the top of my worries. :/ Music is like my rogue subject. :frown: my lost cause.
But thanks for the ideas! :smile: haha you're so lucky to be good at music. I'm getting Fish to open my results for music lol...

And hi back at you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooooo I felt like that for my French exam but like 30 mins before my friend gave me like a crash course and well, I can't talk about it yet because it was an IGCSE one so I'll have to wait a bit but yeah!
You'll be fineeeeeeeee, it's not too late to order this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-GCSE-Music-Revision-Guide/dp/1907447091/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368560201&sr=8-2&keywords=edexcel+music Order it with express or whatever and it'll be here like tomorrow or something and you can use it to revise :smile: it's what I use and like, I'm not even kidding, it's the best revision guide out there :tongue: except they have a couple errors but those are easily fixed! YOU CAN DO IT :biggrin:

Latest