The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Anyone have a C3/4 past paper question? (not difficult ones,,just a basic past paper) not connected rates of change becausr I don't have that

What do you mean, you don't have them? :curious:
Original post by justinawe
What do you mean, you don't have them? :curious:

Don't cover them on WJEC, I looked at them, but don't know how to do them properly.
Don't cover them on WJEC, I looked at them, but don't know how to do them properly.

Seriously? :lol:
Is doing well on post-M1 mechanics modules reasonable if I did really badly in M1?
Seriously? :lol:

Yes :colonhash:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
For you perhaps :tongue:

Not for most of the other people I've spoken to. They almost all agree that it was harder than usual but none of them believe that it was as hard as some people are implying.
Yes :colonhash:

Rates of change is one of the main, top, fundamental uses of calculus, though :colonhash: I can't believe WJEC doesn't cover it!
Rates of change is one of the main, top, fundamental uses of calculus, though :colonhash: I can't believe WJEC doesn't cover it!

We do differential equations still?:colondollar:
Original post by reubenkinara
Is doing well on post-M1 mechanics modules reasonable if I did really badly in M1?

To whom? If you're asking for universities' sake, then one of two circumstances will occur:

- Application to a university which doesn't ask for UMS: They'll see your grade, and that will be the end of it.

- Application to a university which asks for UMS: They will see your M1 and draw their own conclusions, with the importance of it depending on the course you're applying for and the actual mark you get. If you are sitting another Mechanics module this exam session (M2) then it could potentially soften the blow if you score sufficiently high to prove that your M1 score was a fluke. However, if you're not sitting another Mechanics module this exam session they will only see your M1, and again, draw their own conclusions.

That is weird, but if you think about it, in c4 it's just chain rule and the manipulation of it, nothing too troubling compared to the other topics

Anyone doing D1 this friday?
Whoops DJ but thank you.
Original post by DJMayes
To whom? If you're asking for universities' sake, then one of two circumstances will occur:

- Application to a university which doesn't ask for UMS: They'll see your grade, and that will be the end of it.

- Application to a university which asks for UMS: They will see your M1 and draw their own conclusions, with the importance of it depending on the course you're applying for and the actual mark you get. If you are sitting another Mechanics module this exam session (M2) then it could potentially soften the blow if you score sufficiently high to prove that your M1 score was a fluke. However, if you're not sitting another Mechanics module this exam session they will only see your M1, and again, draw their own conclusions.

I I meant 'realistic' as opposed to 'reasonable'.
I hadn't considered what you've mentioned in your reply but it's done now and I suppose I'll just have to hope for the best and apply smartly this year. I'm requesting that S1 go with my AS stuff so hopefully that's what will observed this year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone who did mei ocr c1 yesterday - can you remember what the first question was about ? Did you have to find the parallel gradient of the perpendicular gradient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJMayes

Partly why I'm glad I did it early, next year hopefully I'll get 95+ in M2 (naive?) and then show M1 was a bad day
Original post by Anythingoo1
That is weird, but if you think about it, in c4 it's just chain rule and the manipulation of it, nothing too troubling compared to the other topics

Anyone doing D1 this friday?

Nothing too troubling, of course, I'm just surprised that it's not a part of their syllabus.
How do you solve this ?ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368561420.357951.jpg Q8

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel a breakdown coming soon with all the exam stress. :frown: I am not usually stressed cause I used to go green but I quit to put myself in order and I don't want to be relient on it anymore plus 5 months clean makes me feel like a warrior. I am really trying to be positive about the coming week with my most important papers call choked up on monday, tuesday and wednesday that would determine my A* from an E. I am self taught and concepts which I don't get are very very hard and time consuming to clarify! I just have no one to talk to here in my country cause I've been away for sooo long and I am quite introverted (except you are a musician then conversations could just go on forever). Mum is in a different location atm too. And this is my fav. thread so it gets my rant.
Partly why I'm glad I did it early, next year hopefully I'll get 95+ in M2 (naive?) and then show M1 was a bad day

Are you certain that sitting maths/fm early will not cause problems? But then I suppose they don't need to be part of your offer. What exactly do you wish to study?
I noticed on another thread that you expressed an interest for MFLs!
That's typical, to be honest. People always think the real thing was harder than the past papers, but generally the only reason for this is because they weren't under the same kind of pressure when doing the past papers.

That's true I messed up because I was very nervous that I would mess up, if that makes sense. I will lose about 7/8 raw marks in M1. A few in C1 to hopefully 72/75.
Original post by reubenkinara
Are you certain that sitting maths/fm early will not cause problems? But then I suppose they don't need to be part of your offer. What exactly do you wish to study?
I noticed on another thread that you expressed an interest for MFLs!

I'll sit M3 FP3 and S2 in year 13... So I have maths modules left... Because there's no a.f.maths...

FP1, FP2 and M2 in yr 12.

Chemistry I think... Or NatSci... Depends... And yeah, I absolutely love languages :moon:

Latest

Trending

Trending