Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishkmistry
How do you solve this ?ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368561420.357951.jpg Q8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright. Here is what you do.

You have to change the equation to be in form of sin

sin^2 + cos ^2 = 1

cos^2 = 1 - sin^2

Substitute that into the equation and you have a quadratic equation.

You solve the quadratic. And find the basic angle.

0< theta <360 and since it is sin, your answers would be the basic angle and 180 - the basic angle.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll sit M3 FP3 and S2 in year 13... So I have maths modules left... Because there's no a.f.maths...

FP1, FP2 and M2 in yr 12.

Chemistry I think... Or NatSci... Depends... And yeah, I absolutely love languages :moon:

I see. Well you have a lot of time to decide still!
Original post by DJMayes
More challenging, but not outlandishly so.

Exam Pressure mate.
Original post by reubenkinara
I see. Well you have a lot of time to decide still!

Yep! Essentially I can apply for any course... I was thinking of doing STEP I, in year 12? :dontknow:

Except medicine, but even that apparently I could study with chem
Partly why I'm glad I did it early, next year hopefully I'll get 95+ in M2 (naive?) and then show M1 was a bad day

Personally, I did better in M2 than I did in M1, mostly because M1 didn't contribute to the A* for Maths and M2 does for Further Maths, a week before the exam I destroyed all the past papers and solomons and got 94/100, very chuffed with that :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
How do you solve this ?ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368561420.357951.jpg Q8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use the identity sin2(x)+cos2(x)=1sin^2(x)+cos^2(x)=1
Once you get it in the requested form, solve it like the quadratic so that you have sin(x)=something, then use arc sin and your knowledge of the periodicity of the sine curve to solve :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anythingoo1
Personally, I did better in M2 than I did in M1, mostly because M1 didn't contribute to the A* for Maths and M2 does for Further Maths, a week before the exam I destroyed all the past papers and solomons and got 94/100, very chuffed with that :smile:

Hopefully that will be the case for me.
Original post by Anythingoo1

Well done! I was annoyed because I was hitting 70+ in my past papers, then bam! Hard paper and got 65 raw marks...
Yep! Essentially I can apply for any course... I was thinking of doing STEP I, in year 12? :dontknow:

I don't see why you couldn't apply for medicine if you're planning on taking Chemistry. I've no knowledge on Step but I suppose if you do I early then you can do II and III the subsequent year.
I don't see why you couldn't apply for medicine if you're planning on taking Chemistry. I've no knowledge on Step but I suppose if you do I early then you can do II and III the subsequent year.

No Biology?

I'm not doing any more :colone: step I is enough if I do it :mmm:
Original post by MAyman12
Exam Pressure mate.

I am full well aware of that, but I was asked objectively as someone who did not have to sit the exam what my opinion of it was. Based on what I've seen, my point still stands. I am not trying to put anyone down, I just disagree with the people who think that this paper was a nightmare comparable to the likes of M2 Jan 2010 (Not M1 but the first paper that comes to mind which genuinely was that hard.)
No Biology?

I'm not doing any more :colone: step I is enough if I do it :mmm:

Biology isn't necessary which is a bit ironic as the Bio-chem in Medicine is more Biology weighted. From what I've been told, Chemistry is meant to be the harder Alevel and is thus used as the indicator of the applicant's aptitude in addition to the BMAT/UKCAT.
So, remind me. What Modules in maths will you have completed this year? I remember you expressing interest in various areas but I can't remember what you're actually sitting!
Biology isn't necessary which is a bit ironic as the Bio-chem in Medicine is more Biology weighted. From what I've been told, Chemistry is meant to be the harder Alevel and is thus used as the indicator of the applicant's aptitude in addition to the BMAT/UKCAT.
So, remind me. What Modules in maths will you have completed this year? I remember you expressing interest in various areas but I can't remember what you're actually sitting!

Maths modules...

C2, C3, C4 and S1.
Reply 673

Do it - it's good fun :tongue:

Yep you can, but there's no point in taking STEP if you want to do medicine :eek:
Original post by DJMayes
I am full well aware of that, but I was asked objectively as someone who did not have to sit the exam what my opinion of it was. Based on what I've seen, my point still stands. I am not trying to put anyone down, I just disagree with the people who think that this paper was a nightmare comparable to the likes of M2 Jan 2010 (Not M1 but the first paper that comes to mind which genuinely was that hard.)

Just a little question, since you saw the moments question which was worth 14 marks in total.

How much do you think I would lose if I did everything right in part (a) but wrote the final answer incorrectly because of an calculation error I did 250/12 instead of 250/10 hence got part (b) wrong because of the last part but I did also use the right methods in part (b)?
Maths modules...

C2, C3, C4 and S1.

Thanks. So you've done C1/M1 meaning you're doing the same modules as me this yr?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
For you perhaps :tongue:

I salute you
Original post by joostan
Do it - it's good fun :tongue:

Yep you can, but there's no point in taking STEP if you want to do medicine :eek:

Okay :colone:

I don't want to, just saying I could apply for any course competitively... (not English actually) I should have:

Spoiler

Thanks. So you've done C1/M1 meaning you're doing the same modules as me this yr?

I guess so :smile:
Reply 679
Anyone know how to do q4 part (b)(ii) on this paper? It's the only 4 marks I lost on the entire paper.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-MFP2-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

Latest

Trending

Trending