The Student Room Group

Driving test cancelations online

I failed my driving test the other day and want to rebook as soon as possible. I went online the gov website and clicked change date to try and look at cancellations but it said i had to ring up to do it.
Does anyone know why this is? did i click the right thing? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bookworm95
I failed my driving test the other day and want to rebook as soon as possible. I went online the gov website and clicked change date to try and look at cancellations but it said i had to ring up to do it.

You don't have to ring up. You just need to keep checking back on the website to see if there are any cancellations.

http://drivingtestcancellations.org/

I went through this site and got a cancellation. I was on for the 30th of June initially but got a date for the 29th of this month.

You have to input details and which dates you would like. Then they find a date, change it if requested by you, THEN you go ahead and pay 20 quid to them (for the service). It's well worth it. Make sure you or your parents have a paypal account and pay through there!
Reply 2

Did you use your driving test ref number? If you did then you have to come out of that as that's your previous test. You have to register all of your information again and then you'll get a new driving test ref number.
Don't forget to jot down your number and keep a look out for earlier tests! But make sure you have waited the ten working days from your previous test to do another test!

I hope this makes sense and helps you :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Raychul
Did you use your driving test ref number? If you did then you have to come out of that as that's your previous test. You have to register all of your information again and then you'll get a new driving test ref number.
Don't forget to jot down your number and keep a look out for earlier tests! But make sure you have waited the ten working days from your previous test to do another test!

I used my theory certificate number thingy, ha. So do I have to book a new test before im allowed to look for cancellations? is that what you mean by registering again? :smile:
Reply 4
I used my theory certificate number thingy, ha. So do I have to book a new test before im allowed to look for cancellations? is that what you mean by registering again? :smile:

Yeah you have to do it all again to book and look for cancelations! Haha it's a right carry on... :rolleyes::tongue:

all the best! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Ha. thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Raychul
Yeah you have to do it all again to book and look for cancelations! Haha it's a right carry on... :rolleyes::tongue:

We are all administrators now... but I suppose one can still do it by the phone. Personally I think it is easier done that way, less hassle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Wait, what? You have to book a whole new test? :/ I just go to 'change the date of your practical test' and look for cancellations there. Granted, I haven't gone through with it as I'm actually fine with my test date, but it doesn't make sense that it has an option of changing your test date when logging in with your current ref and driving license number if you have to rebook a whole new test. Could someone clarify for me please?
Reply 8
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Wait, what? You have to book a whole new test? :/ I just go to 'change the date of your practical test' and look for cancellations there. Granted, I haven't gone through with it as I'm actually fine with my test date, but it doesn't make sense that it has an option of changing your test date when logging in with your current ref and driving license number if you have to rebook a whole new test. Could someone clarify for me please?

what do you mean you have to book a whole new test? When you're searching for a cancellation you've already got a test booked, you're just rescheduling it to an earlier date.
Original post by deedee123
what do you mean you have to book a whole new test? When you're searching for a cancellation you've already got a test booked, you're just rescheduling it to an earlier date.

Yeah, that was my point. The following confused me;

Original post by Raychul

Original post by Raychul

Reply 10
Yeah, that was my point. The following confused me;

Well I booked my test online, took my test and failed, and then wanted to rebook a test. And when i came back home to rebook a test, using my previous driving test reference number it told me to ring HQ! So I just started the whole application process again.

I'm not trying to imply that that's the right way to do it, that's just the way I did it :smile:
Reply 11
What happened was I failed my test. Then when I clicked to change the date it came up with the details of the test I had just failed and said I had to ring to change the date. So I guessed I have to booa test for the future before I can look at cancellations to move it forward because I want to get it out the way as soon as possible! If that makes any more sense to anyone? :smile:
Reply 12

She wants to rebook a test. But you can't do that with your previous driving test reference number/logging in information.. That just tells you to ring a number. To rebook, I think you have to reapply to then get a new driving test reference number/new test
Reply 13
What happened was I failed my test. Then when I clicked to change the date it came up with the details of the test I had just failed and said I had to ring to change the date. So I guessed I have to booa test for the future before I can look at cancellations to move it forward because I want to get it out the way as soon as possible! If that makes any more sense to anyone? :smile:

Thats exactly what I was trying to say haha. I just didn't word very well! :colondollar:

:emo:
Reply 15
Original post by Raychul
Thats exactly what I was trying to say haha. I just didn't word very well! :colondollar:

Ha, yeah I know! Sorry I didn't see what you had written before I posted it :smile:
Original post by Raychul

you worded it like s h i t
Reply 17
Original post by I love being 21
you worded it like s h i t

Thanks for stating the obvious :smile:
Original post by Raychul
She wants to rebook a test. But you can't do that with your previous driving test reference number/logging in information.. That just tells you to ring a number. To rebook, I think you have to reapply to then get a new driving test reference number/new test

My bad! I didn't take into account that she's already taken her test and failed.

Sorry guys, my mistake!

Wish you luck for your new test, OP!
Reply 19
My bad! I didn't take into account that she's already taken her test and failed.

Sorry guys, my mistake!

Wish you luck for your new test, OP!

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending