The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rafe123
30%,
unit 1 was worth 70%

i need to try to get a B or maybe an A on unit 2, im so worried for the unit 1 exam, i really do hope that they will lower the boundaries!
Reply 1161
Original post by kate3
I think I might have messed the comment questions up. does comment mean you explain as well as describe?

No comment on is like a "for and against argument" basically, sum up both sides

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by homefind
hey everyone shall we stop worrying about the exam now and move on to discussion on unit 2 exam? :smile: how is everyone revising for unit 2? any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i still need to do the actual revision for it, but its fine since its only 50 marks, and its more than managable in 5/6 days, ermh i think it will be rivers
Original post by kate3
I think I might have messed the comment questions up. does comment mean you explain as well as describe?

It means point out something then say what it does, so make a judgment:
China has a one child policy - This means that they had a population boom they wanted to manage
The red is the comment (thats what our teacher taught us)
For the population 15 marker I compared the UK (2004 EU immigration, increase in working age ect) with Uganda (improvements in health, contraception etc). Could this be a okay comparison or did I do this question totally wrong?? Al
Reply 1165
Original post by AlexW1995
For the population 15 marker I compared the UK (2004 EU immigration, increase in working age ect) with Uganda (improvements in health, contraception etc). Could this be a okay comparison or did I do this question totally wrong?? Al

It's a good comparison :smile: as they have managed their pop :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find the "Comment on.." questions so ambiguous and vary depending on the answer on the paper from looking at markschemes.

+ I may complain about the picture in the paper, it was very hard to see with the colour and I think it affected a lot of people.
Original post by AlexW1995

yeah I did this as well, I think its fine
Reply 1168
Original post by fickwicklea
For the definition of morbidity I put:

"Morbidity refers to ill health, an example of this is someone having lung cancer"

I'm guessing I got 0 marks?

Nope but I put that high morbidity rates can lead to an increase in mortality, which are linked - dont know if its relavent but i wanted to use up space.
What did anyone put for the Rivers 15 marks essay? I confused by what they were asking.
Reply 1169
Original post by mahatma ghandi
yeah I did this as well, I think its fine

Yeah I said that Gambia and China both want to control/manage their rapid population... I thought the exam was HARSH!
I took this exam this time last year, made up a flood, explaining it all in detail and still got an A, I'm sure you'll all be fine haha.
Original post by Ammyxm
Yeah I said that Gambia and China both want to control/manage their rapid population... I thought the exam was HARSH!

It was certainly harder than previous papers
What did people do for the COLD ENVIRONMENTS 15 marker and the RIVERS 15 marker? I'm soooo worried! :frown: I ran out of time so was forced to half complete a 6 marker and miss out a 5 marker :frown: time is CRAP in this paper. Ridiculous.
So what is the ACTUAL view of the paper...some are saying it was hard some are saying alright and easy...lower boundaries?
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
So what is the ACTUAL view of the paper...some are saying it was hard some are saying alright and easy...lower boundaries?

i think they shoud lower it for various reasons, they way they've set out questions and the dam picture! Seriously im so angry about it
Original post by hassanakhtaruk

There's not going to be one view, everyone's going to have a different opinion on the paper :tongue: I personally think physical (rivers and coasts) was quite difficult and slightly confusing in places, and I messed up the fifteen markers, don't think I've got more than about 8 or 9 marks on each. Population and health on the other hand was lovely, I thought the questions were nice and none of them were particularly challenging for me. So it's pretty balanced in my opinion, I don't think the difficulty of the physical side will impact the grade boundaries due to the human side being nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1176
Hey guys, just joined the forum because I wanted to ask what exactly you think was wrong with the picture? I mean it was a three marker I'm assuming its one mark for saying it was a dam and another for pointing out the reservoir is it the last mark you're annoyed about?
Original post by NewCeremony
There's not going to be one view, everyone's going to have a different opinion on the paper :tongue: I personally think physical (rivers and coasts) was quite difficult and slightly confusing in places, and I messed up the fifteen markers, don't think I've got more than about 8 or 9 marks on each. Population and health on the other hand was lovely, I thought the questions were nice and none of them were particularly challenging for me. So it's pretty balanced in my opinion, I don't think the difficulty of the physical side will impact the grade boundaries due to the human side being nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see :smile: hope you did well
Original post by Zach17
Hey guys, just joined the forum because I wanted to ask what exactly you think was wrong with the picture? I mean it was a three marker I'm assuming its one mark for saying it was a dam and another for pointing out the reservoir is it the last mark you're annoyed about?

it wasnt for me, because i didnt have problems with it, but people that i know had difficulties spotting things in the picture
Original post by AeTheCrash
i think they shoud lower it for various reasons, they way they've set out questions and the dam picture! Seriously im so angry about it

Omg I know what you mean....they best lower the boundaries..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending