The Student Room Group

AQA AS English Literature exam

Hi,

I have an Eng Lit exam this Friday and I am so scared! I have no idea how to revise at all!? I've been making chapter/section summaries and bit and pieces, but nothing that feels like I'll do well on the paper. Ahhh. Any tips guys?
Anyone else doing this exam? I've studied The Great Gatsby, The Road and Keats and Coleridge.

Need advice ASAP please!!!!!

Thank you,
Veera.

Scroll to see replies

Yes I have the same exam too!
Do you know what spec you are doing as if you're doing the same as me then i'll try to help you!
I'm doing the Eng Lit AQA LITA1 exam!
Shauna :smile:
I have this exam too, I have no idea what i'm doing and I am totally freaking out :///

does anyone have any advice on how to answer section B questions??
Reply 3
Ahhh I am not alone! I have no clue what to revise or how to do anything ahh :frown: I'm doing Lit B by the way. What are you guys doing?
Reply 4
Yeah I'm doing the LTA1A exam on Friday too, what poet have you been studying for your B section? Any clue on how you should structure essays to the part B questions, I'm not feeling confident for it at all!

Good luck with it guys! :smile:
I remember when I did this exam like 3 years ago! :redface: No way had it been 3 years?!?! Wow lol.

Anyway, I planned to drop this subject after my first year and never revised for it and still got a B.

What I did was just take random quotes out of your given text and analysed it. I didn't rush it, I just took my time. I think I did like 4 pages worth of writing! Good luck guys!
Original post by becsylew
Yeah I'm doing the LTA1A exam on Friday too, what poet have you been studying for your B section? Any clue on how you should structure essays to the part B questions, I'm not feeling confident for it at all!

My teachers have told us spend 20 minutes writing about each text, they don't need to link but you kind of link it anyway naturally, eg. The theme of love and courtship is also shown in the relationships in pride and prejudice
Reply 7
Original post by becsylew

Ah, yay! haha, I've done Keats and Coleridge. You?

My teacher said to do 2-3 points for each text, but I'm not sure how to link it all together so it flows well?

Thanks! And you!

Let me know how you found it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by CharlotteEris
I have this exam too, I have no idea what i'm doing and I am totally freaking out :///

does anyone have any advice on how to answer section B questions??

Hey, my teacher said to do 2-3 points for each text, if that helps?
Reply 9
Original post by ShaunaLaurenRose
Yes I have the same exam too!
Do you know what spec you are doing as if you're doing the same as me then i'll try to help you!
I'm doing the Eng Lit AQA LITA1 exam!
Shauna :smile:

What's the difference between Lit A and Lit B?
I've just completed a huge mindmap on all the texts that I've done (I do AQA Lit A struggle for identity) and I linked them all up, jotted down some key quotes etc... And I must say that it's entirely useful for remembering :smile: I did the same for poetry. Also, I would say review the practice essays that you've done and try to identify your weaknesses and strengths. Try to grab hold of a model answer and see where the person got the marks etc... :smile: best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by veera17
What's the difference between Lit A and Lit B?

I honestly do not know, but I'm doing Victorian literature and Tennyson!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by veera17
Hey, my teacher said to do 2-3 points for each text, if that helps?

yes, but once i have made my point I've been told that i need to expand it more. I don't know how I can do this haha
Hey, I'm doing WJEC english lit on T.S.Eliot and Yeats :u:God help me
I don't know if it helps but my teacher told me to focus on process:
>Point
>Quote
>Technique of Quote
>Analyse
>Link to other text etc.

Although, i feel like i know nothing :unimpressed:
Reply 14
Thank goodness I am not alone *PANIC*
Reply 15
I am doing AQA B on Friday and I'm worried about it too!!
Original post by Georgeツ™
Hey, I'm doing WJEC english lit on T.S.Eliot and Yeats :u:God help me
I don't know if it helps but my teacher told me to focus on process:
>Point
>Quote
>Technique of Quote
>Analyse
>Link to other text etc.

Although, i feel like i know nothing :unimpressed:

what does it mean technique of quote? :confused:
Reply 17
Original post by CharlotteEris
what does it mean technique of quote? :confused:

snap! same here, and maybe things like if it's a simile, or any personification ?
Reply 18
I'm resitting this exam as an A2
Original post by mollymasm
I'm resitting this exam as an A2

think I'll be joining you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending