The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
Haha ... Ah feminism... Moderate feminism is good... The whole extreme thing is too much. Call me outdated but yeah.

Do you like mangoes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't eat mangoes that much (haven't eaten one in several years :tongue:).

Feminism doesn't really work as a word to describe the problem I have with chivalry (although chivalry isn't actually what you think it is). It's more like "gender equality"; in the same way that some women don't want male "chivalry" - in the colloquial sense - because they don't think they need men to help them, I don't want male "chivalry" because I don't think men to help them, and in the case of women who think they do, I don't think they necessarily deserve it.

That's not to say people of all genders can't just be nice to each other (and this is the true meaning of chivalry, although it only applies to males so **** that) :tongue:
Original post by Jina
Gotta say... I was really excited to meet the famous mango when you were in Italy and then you never came on here ...
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee: I was known? :fan:
Original post by Olympiad
Basically, somebody sent me a text message - she is super clever and know my parents and judge me based on my writing

Once I had a spelling error and she pointed it out when I met her :lolwut:
She's nice though

She wrote "hope your exams are going really well!"
What's a good reply I can give to say it is and I've done my maths and physics exams so far -> I basically need a nice "big" word to use but one which will also make me seem intelligent :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't want to sound as though you specifically looked up a big word, I take it, so I won't go over the top :tongue:

"These gratuities are well-received, and reciprocated :smile: I've so far undertaken my Maths and Physics exams."

I went over the top :lol: Subtle lexical superfluousness can be done in ANY context, but not every context :pierre:
(edited 10 years ago)
Sounds like you've got yourself sorted out; I can't reply in depth right now as I am literally half-asleep sorry :frown:

See you in the morn everyone!
Original post by MangoFreak
You don't want to sound as though you specifically looked up a big word, I take it, so I won't go over the top :tongue:

"These gratuities are well-received, and reciprocated :smile: I've so far undertaken my Maths and Physics exams."

I went over the top :lol: Subtle lexical superfluousness can be done in ANY context, but not every context :pierre:

LOOOOL, any way for you to make it seem natural?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically, somebody sent me a text message - she is super clever and know my parents and judge me based on my writing

Once I had a spelling error and she pointed it out when I met her :lolwut:
She's nice though

She wrote "hope your exams are going really well!"
What's a good reply I can give to say it is and I've done my maths and physics exams so far -> I basically need a nice "big" word to use but one which will also make me seem intelligent :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm, are you just aiming for posh, or ostentatious words? Well both of them are pretty much the same :lol:

What Mango said '^'
If you need some big words, then let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

edit: You're asking us to help you forge a text, I think it's natural sense :holmes: and you really shouldn't worry about being judged, especially about the way you write ._.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1446
:ahee: I was known? :fan:

Yeaah! The oldies love (loved maybe now :tongue:) you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1447

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOL what mango and Bude said. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Erm, are you just aiming for posh, or ostentatious words? Well both of them are pretty much the same :lol:

What Mango said '^'

Posh but not too posh :s-smilie:S
Want it to sound natural but not over the top :s-smilie:S

What big words do you have in mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't normally use "big" words, then it won't seem natural in any case :tongue: Really you'd seem smarter just to reply normally.

"Yeah, thanks, they've been going superfluously well, hopefully I'll do better than I ever would have expected."

That uses the word "superfluously" in a non-superfluous way so it's doubleplusgood.
Original post by Bude8

What Mango said '^'

edit: You're asking us to help you forge a text, I think it's natural sense :holmes: and you really shouldn't worry about being judged, especially about the way you write ._.

I'm not really worried about being judged about this sort of stuff - it's just this person, they even know that I think about my reply just to seem clever :P it's like a private joke between us,,
I'm probably going to end up writing what mango said thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

What Mango said '^'

Oooooh "ostentatious" I haven't used that word in a while, good one :awesome:

"Defenestrate" is my favourite word; what's yours?
If you don't normally use "big" words, then it won't seem natural in any case :tongue: Really you'd seem smarter just to reply normally.

"Yeah, thanks, they've been going superfluously well, hopefully I'll do better than I ever would have expected."

That uses the word "superfluously" in a non-superfluous way so it's doubleplusgood.

I use big words when I speak - I've been told I do anyhow, apparently I speak "posh" aha I sent the text thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not really worried about being judged about this sort of stuff - it's just this person, they even know that I think about my reply just to seem clever :P it's like a private joke between us,,

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's light-hearted then use what I said definitely :tongue:
Oooooh "ostentatious" I haven't used that word in a while, good one :awesome:

"Defenestrate" is my favourite word; what's yours?

yup, you told me defenestrate is your favourite :tongue:
there are so many good ones, too many actually.

I'm guessing your Latin teacher taught you those? xD (probably not defenestrate, but the other big words you might know)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could perhaps mention that you were quite flummoxed about a few questions, but apart from that the exams were opprobriously easy. :holmes: :dontknow:
Original post by Bude8
yup, you told me defenestrate is your favourite :tongue:
there are so many good ones, too many actually.

I'm guessing your Latin teacher taught you those? xD (probably not defenestrate, but the other big words you might know)

No... :holmes: Did yours teach you yours? :tongue:

I just know those words :lol:
Reply 1456
Original post by Bude8
Nah, I'm too human unfortunately (although I'm a bit unpredictable... I guess I'm a bit anime like. Just a bit) :frown: I've only met one person in my life who's so fun to be around and I think he has mental problems.

The defining characteristic of humans is their lack of characteristics :dontknow:

Also I have 100GBs worth of anime. The series I got are so good :moon:

Looool oh bude... You intrigue me to no end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Nah, I'm too human unfortunately (although I'm a bit unpredictable... I guess I'm a bit anime like. Just a bit) :frown: I've only met one person in my life who's so fun to be around and I think he has mental problems.

The defining characteristic of humans is their lack of characteristics :dontknow:

I have to disagree with this completely.

"Mental problems" just means "capacity for fun" to me, with perhaps the exception of psychosis and depression and other actual problems :pierre: :tongue: :unimpressed: Autism for example; not a problem.
No... :holmes: Did yours teach you yours? :tongue:

I just know those words :lol:

Of course, it's always the Latin teachers that go "and we get the word perambulator from the word ambo... opprobrium from opprobrium... a violet person can be described as pugnacious which comes from pugno..." etc.

I have to disagree with this completely.

"Mental problems" just means "capacity for fun" to me, with perhaps the exception of psychosis and depression and other actual problems :pierre: :tongue: :unimpressed: Autism for example; not a problem.

watch more anime k

Original post by Jina
Looool oh bude... You intrigue me to no end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that sarcastic? :sly:
Going to sleep now nibht

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest