The Student Room Group

FP1 17th May

Anyone doing this exam? :confused:
Indeed I am, how are you feeling?
Reply 2
Pretty confident. It's an easy exam. Just hoping it's not too easy as I don't want sky high grade boundaries like in January!

For general solutions to trig equations, does it matter what form it is in? Sometimes I use (-1)^n instead of listing them separately for sinx.

What about you? Are you resitting?
Re-sitting this on Friday. Don't really need Further Maths for Uni but I'd like a decent B.
Reply 4
Looking at the most recent past papers, I'd say we're due a long question on asymptotes & inequalities, linear interpolation for the numerical methods with possibly having to mark the solutions on a graph, a 'show that the gradient is h+...' question for the calculus chapter and the trig question being in the form of tan.
Original post by GeneralOJB
Pretty confident. It's an easy exam. Just hoping it's not too easy as I don't want sky high grade boundaries like in January!

For general solutions to trig equations, does it matter what form it is in? Sometimes I use (-1)^n instead of listing them separately for sinx.

What about you? Are you resitting?

No not a resit. Yeah I feel pretty confident.

Also I always used (-1)^n for my sin general solutions and I checked with teachers that it will be marked correctly so thats fine!
Reply 6
I'm also doing this exam. Not too concerned, as have been doing fine on past papers.
Reply 7
I'm doing this one too. Not feeling too worried....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending