The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

aw don't say that :frown: you probably did ok :smile: I found the paper difficult too and the timing is something that needs to be fixed up and sorted ...the chief examiner needs to realise this...I ran out of time! So just jumped to 15 marker on the last question and missed out a 5 maker and rushed a 6 maker of which I was capable of doing :frown:
Original post by homefind
What case studies did people use for 15 marker population? I used china and France.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got really confused with that one because it was differing areas of development? So I thought it meant like an MEDC and an LEDC or different parts of the DTM... I don't know I found it a really hard exam and I'm pretty sure I failed. I used Kerala State, India and Singapore...
Reply 1242
Did anyone else find the exam really difficult? I'm really worried!
Reply 1243
Original post by Kup-Kake
I got really confused with that one because it was differing areas of development? So I thought it meant like an MEDC and an LEDC or different parts of the DTM... I don't know I found it a really hard exam and I'm pretty sure I failed. I used Kerala State, India and Singapore...

Ye I assumed it meant different stages of development in the DTM, so I did china which is at stage 3 but moving into stage 4 soon and France, which is in stage 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did china and Australia because they were the two case studies that we learnt.
Anyone doing health, did you use HIV/AIDS for the 15 mark? (Would malaria have been ok as well?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katweena

What questions did you find hard?
Original post by katweena

I personally did not find it too hard in comparison to nearly all of my classmates, probably because I'd fortunately revised most of the stuff on it around half an hour before the exam. You're not alone though, a lot of people found it hard. Admittedly, I've probably done terribly on it anyway. :3
Reply 1247
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
Can someone tell me what they did for the COLD ENVIRONMENTS 15 marker?

Yeah it was wondering this, went into dept about basal slippage and internal deformation (types, how fast they move) but only wrote a short definition for the other three. What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1248
Original post by Kgriffin13
I did china and Australia because they were the two case studies that we learnt.
Anyone doing health, did you use HIV/AIDS for the 15 mark? (Would malaria have been ok as well?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used HIV/AIDS, but I couldn't decide whether to use that or malaria

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1249
Yeah I was confused on the population 15 marker so you . I talked about Gambia and the UK . Is that ok ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did u guys put for the 5/6 marker question on health issue which was local health case study? (I don't exactly remember but it's about how to manage the health). Anyone remember? It said local but I used France. Will I loose marks? :/.

Original post by DK2696
Yeah I was confused on the population 15 marker so you . I talked about Gambia and the UK . Is that ok ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you have talked what the examiner was looking for, it doesn't matter what case study you use.

Having sat the paper last year I thought this paper was strange, but not as difficult.

No landforms in rivers and only landforms in cold environments is unique looking the past papers.

Population change was what I expected and health was always going to be difficult as the exam isnt long enough and being the last section it is always a rush and thats why the last section often gets the worst marks.

What did people write for the infectious disease? I did HIV but I dont think I included enough points
This exam was sooo much harder than past papers i had done in class! You CAN'T draw an esker for 4 marks ! I really hope the grade boundaries drop because i worked so hard for an A ! Does anybody else agree that it was more difficult thatn past ones?????? I did rivers.popchange.cold env and health issues
Original post by DK2696

Posted from TSR Mobile

i used italy and china. like pro natalist and anti natalist policies and said about there strengths and weaknesses
Yeah I thought so too I did all my essays first and spent soo much time on them doing I properly I wasn't able to finish hopefully the ones I did could get me an A
Original post by Kgriffin13

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was sooo happy when I saw the question was on an infectious disease! Smashed some HIV/AIDs! I compared the affects on an MEDC (Russia) and the affects on an LEDC (Botswana).
Original post by Kenneth2k5
Yeah I thought so too I did all my essays first and spent soo much time on them doing I properly I wasn't able to finish hopefully the ones I did could get me an A

I just found that some of the questions were worded STUPIDLY! I wrote a fair amount on the 15 markers but my issue was the questions inbetween.
Original post by fil.sissay
What did u guys put for the 5/6 marker question on health issue which was local health case study? (I don't exactly remember but it's about how to manage the health). Anyone remember? It said local but I used France. Will I loose marks? :/.

I swear we didn't learn a local one, we did France and Zimbabwe. I just decided to put random crap about the Wirral, I realllly hope the examiner isn't from the Wirral!
Reply 1259
Original post by RichardTaylor
I just found that some of the questions were worded STUPIDLY! I wrote a fair amount on the 15 markers but my issue was the questions inbetween.

I thought this too! Especially the case study on energy however when I read through it about 5 times I realised it wasn't a bad question haha. Grade boundaries should surely be lower than January's though. I had people from upper sixth taking a re sit and they commented on how it was much more difficult than previous years. We can only hope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending